Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Rattles in the doors from speaker's bass. Fixable?

Old 09-23-2004, 11:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattles in the doors from speaker's bass. Fixable?

I know that I'm not the only **** person on this forum about rattles and squeaks. My door panel rattles when the bass hits and I have a creaking sound with every little bump I hit on the road right over my left shoulder where my seat belt mounts to the frame! I need to know how to take off the door panel without setting off the airbag and also what the hell is that creaking noise too. Any suggestions?

Old 09-24-2004, 08:08 AM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Rattles in the doors from speaker's bass. Fixable?

Originally Posted by craftomatic
I know that I'm not the only **** person on this forum about rattles and squeaks. My door panel rattles when the bass hits and I have a creaking sound with every little bump I hit on the road right over my left shoulder where my seat belt mounts to the frame! I need to know how to take off the door panel without setting off the airbag and also what the hell is that creaking noise too. Any suggestions?
mine is going to the dealer today for a replacement/new door panel to helps with the creaks...i will keep you up to date.

Old 09-24-2004, 08:56 AM
Default Door Rattle - Bass

If you can locate the area rattlinging if it is a vibration in the sheet metal.

It could be a blown driver, if you are the type that likes to turn the bass settings up high and volume next.

or (if not!)

Pull the door panel off and apply some sound dampining material with heat gun to area, (ie dynamat is one possible brand)

Good luck best I can suggest with out hearing it myself.

Good luck, let us know what happens

Old 09-24-2004, 01:34 PM

I'm having the same problem...I hate it!!!!

Old 09-24-2004, 07:21 PM
Administrator

i just had a new driver's door panel installed at the dealer and WOW what a difference.

i now feel like i have a true germany quality made door panel. no more creaking or squeaking regardless if i rest my arm on the arm rest or my leg against the door speaker. before i could not even get near the door panel when driving without some sort of noise.

chrysler must have revised the door panel or added foam backing the rear of the panel...it is now very solid feeling. the dealer has ordered a passenger door panel for replacement as well.

no more bass vibrations from the seat belt bracket area either...the dealer added what they call insulation / sound deadening to the area.

i am very satisfied.

Old 09-27-2004, 12:27 AM

I would be more than happy to remove my door panel and fix the rattling problem, but I don't want my air bag to blow up on me. Anyone removed their door panel before on this forum? I've got the sound dampening material laying around in my garage, I just don't want to mess up my car!

Old 09-27-2004, 09:36 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by craftomatic
I would be more than happy to remove my door panel and fix the rattling problem, but I don't want my air bag to blow up on me. Anyone removed their door panel before on this forum? I've got the sound dampening material laying around in my garage, I just don't want to mess up my car!
i am as **** as they come with my car.

the dealer stated on my service order "preferred treatment." (whatever that is worth)

i think it is important to set the stage with the service writer and also ask to talk to the tech who will be working on your car (show him the problem areas and share you are particular and would appreciate any extra care taken).

i think your door panel just needs replaced to fix the problem correctly. i have window tint and not a scratch on the film after the door panel removal.

i went away satisfied.

Old 09-27-2004, 06:36 PM
Forum Regular

mines due for the same fix soon, they have a new set of speakers waiting but it think its possibly the panel as well