Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Is it possible that the coupe is now my favorite car?

Old 10-07-2004, 01:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it possible that the coupe is now my favorite car?

Power; The only possibe way to triage this machine into a Hop-ups-spital. But I dont need power anymore. No self control. I need to come to grips with that. 6.8sec 0-60 and -15.1- 1/4 mile makes a pretty quick little car. I test drove the tach to 5 Grand on the Evo VIII and I have to say it may be a little fast for me. Ill get in trouble with this thing. Its like seconds quicker all around on the coupe. You cant see the spedo and 60mph is only a 1/3 the way up the gauge. Seats sucked. Then you say," Hey? Xact? dumbass...SRT-6. The SRT-6 is tenths of a second behind the Evo all around. Bottom line xact, Evos got no style". So we all know our **** in here. I agree, no doubt, but i need a six speed this time around. Screw a GIAC chipped Tiptronic, been there done that, need that clutch pedal. It was cool though. Good when hitting a red Bull on FDR...

Is it a sin to have an SRT-6 as a daily driver? The alancartra looks nice.

19"/18" is sized right for a pimp like me.

Debating cedar interior, dont really like the red steering wheel, maybe some real cedar....ooooo...good ideas already....The slate two-tone is probably the way im gonnna go.

This car has everything it needs to be my new favorite car. I think it is my new, get ready...
Aston Martin Vanquish / BatMobile----> Mega Bucks---->Never afford.

And I do read lots of magazines.......the only studying i never minded.....

The wing goes up like a 911, for only 25K....it was just made for me. I thought of it many times today!!!

I dislike the silver arond the windshield/pillars. Thats why the limited will black get some Vinal decal Style....do i really need leather?

Daily Driver?

What do you guys do? Is she a garage queen?

I dont have one but its the quest at hand....
:idea: eXACTSCIence :idea:

Old 10-07-2004, 03:26 AM

Mine's a daily driver, but it's not a SRT-6; just the Limited Coupe. Car and Driver says 0-60 in 6.5 and Road & Track says 6.8, so it's not a Corvette or Ford GT, but it's quick enough for my needs.

If I wanted a fast car, then the new Corvette C6 drops damage on all imports within anywhere near the price. Japanese cars are fugly IMO and I do my best to avoid Japanese products until the day they buy more of our goods. Examples: my TV is Dutch and my stereo is Danish - Mitsubishi EVO is now uglier than a Subaru WRX. Looks like one of those crap anime cartoon artists designed the thing.

So, maybe I'm a bit opinionated, but in summary the Crossfire SRT-6 should be fine as a daily driver. It's not a Viper where you'll sit in a 90-degree cockpit (thanks to the exhaust returns along the door sills) while getting 9 mpg; the ride is about as jarring though. Suspension is a bit rough and the 19s in back are none too friendly with potholes, but overall - you sound like you can handle it well enough.

Old 10-07-2004, 04:31 AM

Road and Track Says 0-60: 6.4 seconds (October 2003)

Old 10-07-2004, 09:08 AM
Forum Regular

It could do with a little more power, but like she says, sometimes you can have too much. When I have my M Coupe it was a nightmare to drive in the wet. Couldn't pull away without spinning the weels unless I was in second gear!

Old 10-08-2004, 01:49 AM

My wife drives hers 50/50. She hauls the kid to school in my Elantra, then when she comes home and runs errands, she drives her Xfire.