Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Anything I need to know

Old 10-15-2004, 12:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anything I need to know

Hey guys, I just ordered an 05 Base im 19 and have a 2000 Trans Am and I wanted a decent daily driver but still have some fun it. I ordered the all season tires though is there any downsides really bad towards performance? What octane gas does the 3.2 require. Also today I test drove a 05 convertible with a stick and was very impressed and this made me choose it very quickly, any clues about things on the car thanks

Old 10-15-2004, 01:50 AM
Default Re: Anything I need to know

If your going to pick it up at the Lapeer Marshaling Center be prepared to wait a while. A number of us have been waiting for quite a long time.

Old 10-15-2004, 08:13 AM

how long have u guys been waiting

Old 10-15-2004, 06:55 PM

where are you from? lapeer's just one of the michigan distributors. about the wait... ours finished assembly sept. 2, and arrived in lapeer oct. 8, and today's the 15th, still with no call to pick it up. it's taking forever! must be a huge line up at lapeer or something.

we also ordered all season tires, and from what i gather there won't be anything different performance wise really. nothing you would ever be able to notice without a track slip. hope you enjoy the car!

Old 10-15-2004, 08:21 PM

I am also coming from the Trans Am line. I had a 2002 ram air that I traded in for the Crossfire. They are different cars. The Crossfire doesn't have the same muscle as the trans am, but it makes up for it in handling, ride, and overall fun aspect to drive.

Old 10-16-2004, 10:04 AM

I am from Rochester Hills which is about 5 miles from the Tech center in Auburn Hills where my dad work for DC until he got cancer 2 and a half years ago and had to retire this past summer and he passed away last month. But he left me with alot of his friends from work that I talk to about cars and upcoming things, I quite often hang out at SRT. But anyways I am about 10-12 minutes from the Lapeer Marshaling center, and its only been a few days since I've ordered and I am so anxious even if it comes in the dead of winter

Old 10-16-2004, 02:57 PM

yeah i live in lake orion, and had to wait only 2-3 weeks for my xfire after ordering it. My dad just retired from 33 years at at the tech center. I pass by the marshaling center every day on my way to lake orion high when i come back from clarkstons otech, and i saw a truck roll in there with alot of xfires on it... maybe they are your guy's... lol.