Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

New Wheels...

Old 10-21-2004, 09:08 PM
CrossfireForum.org Founder
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default New Wheels...

I just ordered a new set of wheels for my Crossfire:

Here are the same wheels on a Gallardo (except these are painted to match the orange):

They'll take about 4-6 weeks to be made, so I'll get them smack dab in the middle of winter unfortunately. Should make my car look awesome:

Last edited by mightyjlr; 10-21-2004 at 09:10 PM.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: New Wheels...

Yea, I think they will too, and they already match your car!
Make sure you post an after picture!

Old 10-22-2004, 02:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those wheels will look amazing on the car. Cant wait to see pics of it.

Old 10-22-2004, 02:33 AM
Forum Regular

Look good. Can't wait to see a picture. Few questions though:

Are you sticking with the 18/19 split, or will the new wheels be the same diameter?

How do they compare in weight to the stock rims?

Are they easier to clean? It looks like you can get your hand in to the back more easily.

Lastly, how much did you pay?

Old 10-22-2004, 02:36 AM

They look hot! Can't wait to see the pics once they're on!

Old 10-22-2004, 06:52 AM

me too, you already have my favorite xfire on the forums, lowered, dark tint, chrome thingies painted, and black like mine. love it.

Old 10-22-2004, 09:11 AM
Forum Regular

They might make it look like less of a base model now

Old 10-22-2004, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by english_bob
Look good. Can't wait to see a picture. Few questions though:

Are you sticking with the 18/19 split, or will the new wheels be the same diameter?

How do they compare in weight to the stock rims?

Are they easier to clean? It looks like you can get your hand in to the back more easily.

Lastly, how much did you pay?
Actually the rears will be 20x9 and the fronts will be 19x8. I have no idea how they compare with the stock rims, but I think they'll be around the same, possibly lighter. I paid around $3300, but that's without tires.

Last edited by mightyjlr; 10-22-2004 at 09:41 AM.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by x'ed
me too, you already have my favorite xfire on the forums, lowered, dark tint, chrome thingies painted, and black like mine. love it.
Thank's a lot!

Old 10-22-2004, 12:09 PM
Forum Regular

Those wheels should look pretty good on your xfire... just remember, it still won't make it a lamborghini though.

I don't know if I could justify spending $800 for a wheel. Once tires are mounted you'll have over $1000 sitting at each corner of your car... hope you have some good wheel locks.

Old 10-22-2004, 12:26 PM
Lightbulb Re: New Wheels...

Originally Posted by Heb80
Once tires are mounted you'll have over $1000 sitting at each corner of your car... hope you have some good wheel locks.
Good point!

Old 10-22-2004, 09:09 PM
Forum Regular

Yo Mighty those wheels are off the friggin hook!! So you live in South Orange?? Bro I'm in Hoboken.. My girlfriend lives by you.. Union.. We should set up a NJ crossfire meetup.

Last edited by mightyjlr; 10-22-2004 at 09:13 PM.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:18 PM
Banned
Thumbs down Re: New Wheels...

Originally Posted by mightyjlr
Actually the rears will be 20x9 and the fronts will be 19x8. I have no idea how they compare with the stock rims, but I think they'll be around the same, possibly lighter. I paid around $3300, but that's without tires.
I think I would have spent the $4k+ on a newer XF or towards a SRT .Just my opinion.

since you already have almost 30k miles on it .

Old 10-22-2004, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Dan Root
I think I would have spent the $4k+ on a newer XF or towards a SRT .Just my opinion.

since you already have almost 30k miles on it .
I'm buying the Crossfire once the lease is up, and once the warranty is up, it's going to RENNtech or STARTECH for some upgrades...

Old 10-22-2004, 09:29 PM
Banned

That's another waste of Good $ because only Stock cars are worth anything .And since the AMG is stock why not really invest in that car .

Oh please don't say you get it for 1/2 price or less or nothing.That would not change my opinion of after market value vs the stock AMG value.

Old 10-22-2004, 09:43 PM

That's another waste of Good $ because only Stock cars are worth anything .And since the AMG is stock why not really invest in that car .

Oh please don't say you get it for 1/2 price or less or nothing.That would not change my opinion of after market value vs the stock AMG value.
Dan,
Cars aren't good investments in the first place. That's why I invest in real-estate and the stock-market. This is the first car I've paid for on my own, so I plan on keeping it for a while...

Old 10-23-2004, 01:01 AM
Banned

Good for you,it must be easy money if you throw it at those type of mods that will not return much of $$s spent. I think you should stay with the Real estate is much better than stocks ,or XF mods.

But that's just my opinion and it's not worth anything to people that can't hear the truth !

As for your " cars are not a good investments in the first place." Have you seen the price of a ok 67 Camaro lately or Charger 440,or 65 mustang,300SL 55,or 55porsche speedster,66 chevelle big Block convert matching #s 67 Vette etc. etc.

I'm sorry I've been into cars longer than oh (you've been BREATHING.)Any questions ?

Old 10-23-2004, 01:31 AM

Good for you,it must be easy money if you throw it at those type of mods that will not return much of $$s spent. I think you should stay with the Real estate is much better than stocks ,or XF mods.

But that's just my opinion and it's not worth anything to people that can't hear the truth !

As for your " cars are not a good investments in the first place." Have you seen the price of a ok 67 Camaro lately or Charger 440,or 65 mustang,300SL 55,or 55porsche speedster,66 chevelle big Block convert matching #s 67 Vette etc. etc.

I'm sorry I've been into cars longer than oh (you've been BREATHING.)Any questions ?
Dan,
I know spending it on these mods won't return much money in the long run. They will make my car look better, which is why I'm spending the money. It will enhance my enjoyment of the car, which is the point. As for cars not being good investments... I'll invest $30k in the market and you invest $30k in a new Crossfire and use it as your daily driver. 15 years from now, we'll see which was the better investment. Sure a car can be worth more 30-40 years after it was made. There's not really any doubt the Crossfire will be a classic, but to hold on to a car for that long as your investment plan isn't really a smart move. As for the easy money comment, I don't believe there's such a thing as easy money outside of winning the lottery (or the Fall Give-Away... ). I am also aware you've been in to cars longer than I've been alive, but I don't really see what that has to do with this discussion.

Old 10-23-2004, 02:19 AM
DG

I don't think there is a need for all of the negativity. As long as it isn't hurting anyone, I'm pretty sure mightyjlr can do whatever he wishes with his money. Also, I'm sure he realizes that there are certain vehicles that do, in fact, go up in value as time goes on. I believe he was referring to purchasing a vehicle new.

Money isn't the only positive return for an investment. If he, or anyone for that matter, gets enjoyment from modifying a vehicle, I see that as a positive return. Not everything in life that we enjoy has to be sold at a later time to be deemed worthwhile.

The bottom line is that if he wants to put different wheels on his car, or have it modified by a tuning company, he can. I'm pretty sure that's one of the main reasons people belong to this forum. I certainly enjoy reading about and seeing what others have done to their cars, even if mine is leased and I don't plan anything big. And I appreciate what mightyjlr has done to make this discussion and sharing of ideas and information possible.

Old 10-23-2004, 11:01 AM
Banned
Thumbs up Re: New Wheels...

Originally Posted by DG
I don't think there is a need for all of the negativity. As long as it isn't hurting anyone, I'm pretty sure mightyjlr can do whatever he wishes with his money. Also, I'm sure he realizes that there are certain vehicles that do, in fact, go up in value as time goes on. I believe he was referring to purchasing a vehicle new.

Money isn't the only positive return for an investment. If he, or anyone for that matter, gets enjoyment from modifying a vehicle, I see that as a positive return. Not everything in life that we enjoy has to be sold at a later time to be deemed worthwhile.

The bottom line is that if he wants to put different wheels on his car, or have it modified by a tuning company, he can. I'm pretty sure that's one of the main reasons people belong to this forum. I certainly enjoy reading about and seeing what others have done to their cars, even if mine is leased and I don't plan anything big. And I appreciate what mightyjlr has done to make this discussion and sharing of ideas and information possible.
Ditto,

I was only really trying to show that spending alot on after market Mods like the supercharger that is almost $10k is not really in my opinion a smart idea when the #1 tuner in the world AMG is making it stock (SRT-6)That's all.

Why spend money on a used car when you can sell it and buy a new one and have what you want on it from the Factory !Then if you can't bear to not have the most Radical WHEELS on a XF then put them on the NEW 1.That would make more sense to me anyway.

Quick Reply: New Wheels...