Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Need SRT-6 Bumper....

Old 10-26-2004, 05:22 PM
CrossfireForum.org Founder
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Need SRT-6 Bumper....

Can someone check to see the availability of the SRT-6 bumper? I was interested in getting one anyway, but I hit what I can only assume was part of some sort of metal shelving on the Parkway today and it scratched up the front bumper and knocked the right grill piece out. It also ripped the plastic guard underneath the engine off. Can anyone order the bumper for me?

Old 10-26-2004, 07:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need SRT-6 Bumper....

moparpartz.com check this out!!!

Old 10-26-2004, 07:54 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by craftomatic
moparpartz.com check this out!!!
wow...the bumper comes pre-painted from chrysler? ...i find this surprising. (no srt 6 bumpers listed yet...only goes up to 04')

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...04&catalogid=2

a chrysler front windshield...ouch $$$$

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...04&catalogid=2

Old 10-26-2004, 09:23 PM

They're not painted. I called to verify and they're just the primered plastics.

Old 10-27-2004, 12:20 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn Mighty that sucks.

Ok I just got off the phone with my guy in Woodbridge who owns Mauro Motors (5 star Chrysler).

He can get you one for $280, plus 15-20% more for a shipping / handling charge. So figure about $330...

He just needs a $50 deposit because if he orders it and you don't take it, he says he'll be stuck with it for a while.

The bad thing is he can see a part # and price, but he doesn't see any availablity.. so he said it can take up to 3 months to get the part... but he will get it.

Let me know.

Old 10-27-2004, 12:27 PM
CrossfireForum.org Founder
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NJspeed69
Damn Mighty that sucks.

Ok I just got off the phone with my guy in Woodbridge who owns Mauro Motors (5 star Chrysler).

He can get you one for $280, plus 15-20% more for a shipping / handling charge. So figure about $330...

He just needs a $50 deposit because if he orders it and you don't take it, he says he'll be stuck with it for a while.

The bad thing is he can see a part # and price, but he doesn't see any availablity.. so he said it can take up to 3 months to get the part... but he will get it.

Let me know.
Tell him I'll take it. I also need the right-side lower grill piece. Mine is somewhere on the Parkway around the exit for 78 . I guess just give me his number and I'll give him a call. The thing that annoys me the most about the Crossfire is the lack of parts availability... and this is the first time I've even needed a part.

Old 10-27-2004, 12:36 PM
Forum Regular

I'm going to private you the info.

Old 11-16-2004, 08:07 AM

mightyjlr, keep us informed on the status of the bumper. I keep getting the same answer from the dealers I've been talking to, "can't get it, no vender or supply info in the computer" I'm still trying to replace mine, with the SRT one.

Originally Posted by mightyjlr
Tell him I'll take it. I also need the right-side lower grill piece. Mine is somewhere on the Parkway around the exit for 78 . I guess just give me his number and I'll give him a call. The thing that annoys me the most about the Crossfire is the lack of parts availability... and this is the first time I've even needed a part.

Old 01-08-2005, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by mightyjlr
mightyjlr,
Did you get the bumper? I got mine last week and started looking around for a painter and installer. I may wait til spring so I don't ding the new paint from all the sand and S#$% on route 80. Going to install the clear bra again which means I have to wait about 60 days, before I install it so the paint can dry completely, it's great for pretecting the paint.

Old 01-10-2005, 03:20 PM
Forum Regular

Ooooh xfirejunky, Route 80 huh? I take it to work every day.

Old 01-10-2005, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by NJspeed69
Ooooh xfirejunky, Route 80 huh? I take it to work every day.
never saw you or at least never saw another crossfire. i drive west from the parkway towards dover.

Old 01-11-2005, 09:57 AM
Forum Regular

I've rarely seen another one as well. I live near NYC so I take Rt 80 west from near the GW to Parkway N for one mile to Paramus. You should drive down with us to the Crossup in Ocean City MD.

Old 01-14-2005, 12:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just called up the dealer and asked for a price on the SRT-6 front bumper. it sounded like he said there was an upper and lower (main bumper and chin spoiler possibly?), but he couldnt tell because i couldnt give him an SRT-6 VIN. he said he was looking at all bumpers available for all crossfire models, and needed a VIN to distinguish which go with the limited and which go with the SRT-6. price BTW was $260 for what he called the "lower". he could not tell me whether or not it would bolt-up-to or replace my bumper though... ill try and find an SRT VIN and continue looking.

Old 01-14-2005, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by former NXMX5
just called up the dealer and asked for a price on the SRT-6 front bumper. it sounded like he said there was an upper and lower (main bumper and chin spoiler possibly?), but he couldnt tell because i couldnt give him an SRT-6 VIN. he said he was looking at all bumpers available for all crossfire models, and needed a VIN to distinguish which go with the limited and which go with the SRT-6. price BTW was $260 for what he called the "lower". he could not tell me whether or not it would bolt-up-to or replace my bumper though... ill try and find an SRT VIN and continue looking.
The bill says 5159185AA... Facia, the box said 1-05159185AA. ZH 29 Front STR6 grundiert 433205. It looks just like the one on all the SRT6's in the lot and it's one piece. 3 dealers confirmed there was only one part, they just couldn't get one. Hope this helps