Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Crossfire Sightings

Old 10-28-2004, 12:17 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crossfire Sightings

I'm lucky if I see 1 crossfire a month on the road around here.

Last night when I came out of Best Buy, there was a black xfire in the parking lot that was very dirty and suffered a bit of a "brake dust problem" with cat paw prints all over the hood. I waited for a minute while I talked on my cell phone to see if the owner would come out so I could comment on the lack of care their car receives. After a few minutes I began to exit the parking lot. As I left, a family was checking out the black xfire. When the kid saw me he yelled to his dad "There's another one!" One block from the store, I drove through an intersection where I saw a white roadster sitting at the light to the left.

Just thought I'd share this rare occasion.

Old 10-28-2004, 01:04 PM
Default Re: Crossfire Sightings

Originally Posted by Heb80
was very dirty and suffered a bit of a "brake dust problem" with cat paw prints all over the hood.

Breaks my heart

Old 10-28-2004, 05:07 PM

i saw one today as i was on my way home. A red one. very beautiful. Coupe. I flashed my lights, but, dont know if the owner saw/cared. lol.
Unfortunately for me though, i live on a dirt road. although i creep it down there, dirt is inevetable. and i dont have 5 bucks to spend on a car wash every other day. It happens.

Last edited by DetroitMadeGTX; 10-30-2004 at 10:28 AM.
Old 10-28-2004, 05:57 PM
CrossfireForum.org Founder
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

There are many in NJ now. I see about 2-3 a week, sometimes a day. Down the shore this summer I saw many too. Saw my first yellow roadster there.

Old 10-28-2004, 08:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My husband saw a black coupe today going north on m-53 towards Romeo, MI. They thought they'd give his black vette some competition. Was that anyone on this forum? He DC'd me about it, we had lunch together and were returning to our respective places of work, and at the exact moment he was talking to me, I saw a blonde girl, kind of young looking, in a black coupe. I think Black seems to be the most common color in the greater Detroit area right now. The woman that works at a tanning salon here owns a black coupe also. She parks it right in the middle of an unpopulated lot, so it's hard to miss :teeth:

I live on a dirt road too, about 1/4 mile, and I hand wash it often.

Last edited by MI Roadster; 10-28-2004 at 08:45 PM.
Old 10-28-2004, 09:24 PM

yeah, black is generally the most common color around here because of the employee base packages, im assuming.

Last edited by DetroitMadeGTX; 10-30-2004 at 10:27 AM.
Old 10-28-2004, 10:03 PM

I see about 10 per week. usually the same ones though.

Old 10-28-2004, 10:32 PM

I have seen maybe three in CT

Old 10-29-2004, 10:52 AM

There are 3 that I see in my neighborhood white, saphire, and a black one that always parks in front of Home Depot in Eastlake, San Diego

Old 10-29-2004, 01:24 PM

I have yet to see another on the road here in NE IL... which is fine wiht me cuz I like the looks I get! Lots of people "rubber necking" when I drive by.

Old 10-30-2004, 01:53 AM

still rare in the bay area ( southbay )

Old 10-31-2004, 10:22 PM

I think I am the only person that owns one in Oklahoma. I live on the far west side of Oklahoma city and work on the far east side of it (about a 30 minute drive) and I have yet to see one. Even when I travel up to the north side of town where all of the rich folks live I don't see any. I guess I like it that way though.

Old 11-01-2004, 07:48 AM

Just got my black (obviously) coupe on Wednesday. One major selling point for me was that I had not seen another one anywhere in Yorkshire, England and loved the idea of it being a pretty exclusive ride. Day before I collected it I came home from work and my neighbour had bought a yellow roadster!! Still a great car though, even if I have to move house now ;-)

Old 11-01-2004, 08:35 AM

Thats funny, on wed for the first time ever I was next to a ssb. I have only seen 4 on the road in the last 6 months, bar my own.

Old 11-01-2004, 02:03 PM

I have had mine since July 05 in Memphis, TN. Still have only seen 2 others on the road (one before I bought it and one after).

Old 12-06-2004, 07:55 AM

Hi Guys-
We were traveling to California (heading south on I-15 through Vegas) this past weekend to see family and on Friday, between Vegas and Barstow, the only other xfire we saw was a graphite coupe coming north towards Vegas; and then, on our return Sunday we saw another graphite coupe again going the other direction--south (same one leaving Vegas?) Was someone from CA enjoying a Vegas weekend in their xfire? Anyway, to whoever it was-- just wanted to say "hi" and let you know we saw you and your cool car...
(btw, we were the cool red xfire that kept crossing your path!)

Old 12-20-2004, 07:10 AM

I'm in Houston and I know there are other xfires out there because I see people post from there but I have only seen 1 on the road with me. I was in Galveston a month or so ago and I parked my black limited coupe and right across the street a guy parked his identical one. Besides that I've not ran across one on the road.

Old 12-20-2004, 10:08 AM

That last only other XF that I saw was a black coupe, about 2 weeks ago, as they crossed in front of me at a traffic light In Greenwood, IN. They were waving frantically as they passed by.

Since a number of XFs are being garaged for the winter, I'm sure sighting will decrease to darn near zero. Then again how much closer to zero can you get? Since sightings are always near zero anyway.

Old 12-20-2004, 08:26 PM
Thumbs up Re: Crossfire Sightings

I love the fact that there aren't many Xfires being seen. I live in NE North Carolina in the past two months I have only seen one other Xfire. (Black in VA Beach, VA) My Black '04 is a real head turner. My first weekend while putting on my MGur Wax. Two AA men from Western NC came over to admire. I sell backyard storage buildings for a living and I have actually sold a building because of the car and the guy wasn't even an owner, he just loved the car. Lastly, just the other day while Christmas shopping I was stopped by some guy while driving thru the parking lot fo W. Mart. Just to ask me "What kind of a car is this?" It's great and well worth the looks when she is wax and beautiful. Get your wing up and get going!!!!

Last edited by luke646; 12-27-2004 at 05:12 PM.
Old 12-20-2004, 11:05 PM
Thumbs up Re: Crossfire Sightings

I have to agree with you. It is pretty cool when I get the: "What kind of a car is this?" question from people. I have had a lady hanging out the passenger side window asking me what kind of car is this, also a real cutie stopped in the cross walk in front of my car and pointing at me and of all things a guy in a garbage truck asking the same question.

Quick Reply: Crossfire Sightings