Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

I Dont Want To Swap My Xfire For A Dodge Neon!

Old 11-13-2004, 01:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Dont Want To Swap My Xfire For A Dodge Neon!

SERVICE TECHS AND WRITERS....PLEASE BE NICE AND FRIENDLY TO NEW CAR OWNERS WHOSE CARS ARE NOT OPERATING PROPERLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1500 miles on my beautiful new xfire and I had a loud popping noise in the rear everytime I turned the car to the right. We bought the car in Georgia and I had to locate a dealer in Charlotte, NC who I could trust to service my new love. On Wednesday, I called Hunter Chrysler Jeep Dealership in Charlotte, NC. This would be the closest to us and I was not happy at all with the customer service I received. We have the Premium Care Plan with the car and they are to supply a loaner car or a rental car while they find out what the problem is or anytime we have the oil changed, etc.... I felt so uncomfortable with the service writers attitude. He said "I'm not sure if you get a rental car with that car but I will let you know when you get here" I said "Sir, I need to know now because if not, I need to have someone pick me up. Abruptly he said HOLD ON. When he came back he said we will rent you a car and then I asked if he had any other Crossfire's brought in that has had this problem and he said "This car just came out and we haven't had that many to work on". I came home and told my husband I didnt want to take the car there. I called the number on the back of the pamplet to ask them if this was a reputable service provider and he said It is on there list of providers. When I get there on Friday morning my service writer was a very GRUMPY OLD MAN. I dont think any of the Service Writers even smiled. I was amazed. He took my information and told me to sit in the lounge until the rental company picked me up. I had to go to the Enterprise Car Rental Office and the Mgr said the dollar amount allowed would rent a Dodge Neon... I didnt want to swap my XFIRE for a Dodge NEON!!!..They gave me a free upgrade to a larger vehicle AND a hour later I drove away feeling like I am a car snob and I didnt want to leave my car with that place, and why are the service people not nice??? I was nice!!!!.....They ended up fixing the problem that day. It was a loose left Sway Bar and they bartorqued all the rear suspention bolts ....So they did fix the problem but I think that people who work in providing Customer Service should at least be nice. Is this toooo much to ask???????????? IM HAPPY TO HAVE MY CAR BACK AND I FEEL SORRY FOR THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE TO LEAVE THEIR XFIRES IN THE SHOP FOR MORE THAN A DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOOOWOOO
VIN#X007779
ALABASTER

Old 11-13-2004, 03:42 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: I Dont Want To Swap My Xfire For A Dodge Neon!

I had a Neon and the engine was poo.

Old 11-13-2004, 11:41 PM

The place where I bought my coupe was great (it's called Frontier Motor Company, incase anyone in Oklahoma is looking to buy one). They treat me like I bought a Mercedes or something (he he), or at least half of a Mercedes. I have nothing but good things to say about the people that have done service on my car.

Old 11-13-2004, 11:57 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

wooowooo,

I can feel your pain, I purchased my Black Pearl at Bay Shore Chrysler in Bay Shores, LI. great Sales Dept. but the Service Department is lacking. I have my car serviced at Browns Chrysler in Patchogue, LI. Luckily my Xfire Roadster is purring like a content kitten.

Old 11-14-2004, 04:39 PM

Sorry for venting...I appreciate you reading and commenting...I had just gotten here after dealing with all that stuff...After a wonderful fall weekend driving my car and it is running great now....I'm totally over the grumpy old man at the service place but I will definitely find me a new place to take my car from now on!
WOOOWOOO
X007779
ALABASTER

Old 11-15-2004, 03:36 AM
Forum Regular

I had a Neon as well when mine was in for 2 days.