Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

rain...lotsa rain

Old 11-24-2004, 01:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rain...lotsa rain

1 year - 13,000 miles

big rain tonight and i was, again, amazed at how solid the crossfire was at speed thru ponding. freeway - 70-80 mph stuff, i know i went thru some ponding that should have floated the car but it did not. light car & wide tires should float but it does not.

has anyone else noticed that the thing seems to track extra-well in water?

dan

Old 11-24-2004, 12:04 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: rain...lotsa rain

Originally Posted by houstondan
1 year - 13,000 miles

big rain tonight and i was, again, amazed at how solid the crossfire was at speed thru ponding. freeway - 70-80 mph stuff, i know i went thru some ponding that should have floated the car but it did not. light car & wide tires should float but it does not.

dan
mine has hydroplaned a few times... i have the michelins

Old 11-24-2004, 01:10 PM

That Tuesday night rain/storm was pretty nasty, killed the electricity a few times and looked as if it would knock a few trees down. The news mentioned the storm moving thru the area at something like 50mph. If this is the storm you are talking about = the Crossfire's handling is now even that more impressive to me.

Old 11-24-2004, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by X-LR8
That Tuesday night rain/storm was pretty nasty, killed the electricity a few times and looked as if it would knock a few trees down. The news mentioned the storm moving thru the area at something like 50mph. If this is the storm you are talking about = the Crossfire's handling is now even that more impressive to me.

yep, that's the storm. although it had been raining pretty good for a couple of days, the squall-line that came thru with the actual front last night was pretty strong. one other nice thing about the crossfire is that it is oblivious to cross winds. got up on the beltway and the wind was enough to give the trucks fits. you know the wind is there cause you can see the rain blowing by sideways and other vehicles being blown around but the crossfire is just solid.

dan

Old 12-11-2004, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by houstondan
1 year - 13,000 miles

dan
I drove from Tucson to Phoenix last weekend in driving rain, very impressed. My thoughts were the same as yours.

Old 12-12-2004, 02:41 PM
Thumbs up Re: rain...lotsa rain

Check out the responses in the "Winter Driving thread" also, we kind of got off on a tangant talking about wet weather driving in that thread. However, I also think that the XF drives great in the rain, even down pours with no hydroplaning. I have the Continentals on my car vs the Michelins, this may be the difference.