Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Rental Car

Old 12-07-2004, 07:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rental Car

What is the deal with rental cars when we take our cars in for service? They told me i used my one rental car and now they won't give me a loaner because i didn't transfer a 'special warranty' within 30 days. This sounds not right to me.

Let me know

Old 12-07-2004, 09:52 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Rental Car

That doesn't sound correct to me either. I know that the 5 star dealer I bought my car from would gladly give me all the loaners I want.. then again I'm neighbors with the family that owns the dealership..

However, when my check engine light came on, I took it into the closest Chrysler dealer, who also happened to sell Toyota and several other random Japanese and American brands. They were not a 5 star dealer. When I went in there, the service guy was a total jerk. He wanted me to make an appointment. I tried explaining to him that I can't make an appointment to come back.. my check engine light is on and I don't want to drive it around. I want to leave my car and get a loaner thats supposed to be provided if something is wrong with the car.. Anyway he basically said that they are not a 5 star dealer, and that they "dont do that". I'm not sure if this was a load of BS or not. You'd think with a Chrysler warranty you can get a loaner car at any Chrysler dealer. Perhaps when your dealer tells you that you'll have a loaner car if something breaks down.. it actually comes from the dealer themselves, not Chrysler. I'm just not sure.

If something was wrong, I'd demand a loaner. Reading back on your post, you said your taking it in for service? I don't think your ENTITLED to a loaner just for having your car serviced. If they want to give you one while your car is serviced, that's probably a dealers decision. If something goes wrong with the Crossfire, thats under warranty, I believe thats when you can really demand one, and are ENTITLED to it.

Old 12-07-2004, 09:56 AM
Forum Regular

The standard 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty should transfer automatically. The 7/70 powertrain warranty can only be transferred to a second owner by paying $150 and filing the forms within 30 days.

The Premium Care plan covers rental cars during the initial 3/36 warranty period. They are provided for any warranty work or scheduled service. I didn't see anything in the warranty book about wheter you have to fill out forms to transfer it or not. I would recommend contacting Chrysler to clarify.

Old 12-07-2004, 10:51 AM

thank you. so i am screwed on the powertrain warranty then?

Old 12-07-2004, 11:10 AM
Forum Regular

If you bought your car from a Chrysler dealer, you could argue that they should have told you about transferring the warranty at the time of purchase. Otherwise, you may be screwed. It couldn't hurt to call Chrysler customer service and see if they are willing to help you out. The US number is 800-992-1997.