Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Free Rental Car During Servicing???

Old 12-13-2004, 09:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Free Rental Car During Servicing???

My understanding (confirmed by paperwork) is that with any Crossfire or Pacifica you get a free rental car for up to 5 days while your car is being serviced as long as it is not for body damage. I called concerning having some routine work done, and was told we "don't have many rental vehicles"!! If this is the case, Chrysler should not be offering the service and at a minimum the rental fee per day should be subtracted off of the bill (if any). Has anyone experienced any problems with the "free" rental????

Old 12-13-2004, 09:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Free Rental Car During Servicing???

Are you sure it's from Chrysler? Maybe it's just a perk from the dealership you got the car from. Their way of trying to get you to bring it there for repairs. I guess I would make arrangements ahead of time with the service manager to make sure they had a rental car when I brought the car in, just to be sure!

Old 12-13-2004, 10:08 PM

If you have problems with a loaner from the dealer, call Chrysler. I had the same problem. I called Chrysler and they talked to the dealer. After that the dealer was Very helpful.

Old 12-13-2004, 10:30 PM

This is from Chrysler, not a delaer perk. Every Crossfire owner has it, as well as Pacifica. Thing is, delaers don't want to mess with it since it's on them....

Old 12-13-2004, 10:30 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Free Rental Car During Servicing???

I am under the same impression, and also received documentation from DChrysler. All 2004 - 2005 Xfire, 300M, Pacifica owners are upgraded to what they call thier "Premium Care Plan". To me it seems that it is just an option within your regular 3/36 and 7/70 warrranty. DChyrsler will pay up to $30.00 per day and not more than 5 days $150.00 per occurrence cap, unless car is deemed inoperable due to the lack of parts. Recently took my Xfire in to have the lock on the console glove box checked, the service writer asked me if I had any errands to do, and said he would be glad to provide a loaner car.

My local dealer Brown's Chrysler has thier own fleet of loaner cars (about 12 - 15 cars PT Cruiser's and Sebring Coupes and an occasional 300), and if they are all out then they will rent one for you. I don't know if this standard for all DChrysler Dealerships or my dealer just goes the extra mile.

I have never had a problem getting a loaner from this dealer.

Old 12-14-2004, 11:07 PM

Harry7, who do you call at Chrysler? My dealer has been less than helpful though they have loaned me a car while they were fooling around with mine.

Old 12-15-2004, 09:26 AM

My car is in the shop as we speak. The dealership called Enterprise who gave me a car.

We won't say a word about the junker I'm driving today, but there wasn't any trouble getting it.

Old 12-15-2004, 09:28 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Theres been some other posts on this so do a search and see what comes up.

I think whether or not you get a loaner car has a lot to do with the dealer. I once took mine into a NON 5 star dealer, they were extremely rude and said "we don't do that". They wanted me to make an appointment for my check engine light. WTF. Obviously you shouldn't be driving around with the check engine light on all day. Did they care? Not really. I was under the impression that they didn't need to provide me with one because they werent 5 star.

If anyone can confirm that the truth is otherwise, I'd really like the phone # for Chrysler so I could call and report this incident. I was pretty mad.

If they tell you "we don't have many rental vehicles" that's different than flat out saying "No, you can't have one" or "We don't do that here".

Old 12-15-2004, 10:14 AM

Actually, there is no excuse for not being given the rental. It is **guaranteed** under the terms of the warranty, and at the very least if one is not available the 30 dollars should be deducted from the bill. In my opinion, having the rental is much more valauable. All dealers have rentals or can get one, they just don't want to have to deal with it....

Old 12-15-2004, 11:00 AM

I call the Customer Assistance number: 1-800-992-1997

Old 12-15-2004, 03:16 PM

From the Premium Care Plan Brouchure:

"The Premium Care Plan complements the standard limited warranty with a NO CHARGE complimentary loaner vehicle during scheduled maintenance service or warranty repair appointments made anytime during the 3/36 limited warranty period.

1. Schedule your service or repair
2. Drop off your vehicle at the dealer
3. Pick up your complimentary loaner for the duration of the repair (5 days normal, 10 days if parts not available)'
4. Return your loaner the the dealership when your vehicle is ready."

Again, from the brochure:

"In the event that you cannot return to the selling dealer for service, you may request Plan service from any Chrysler dealer within the 50 states and the District of Columbia. If you are unable to receive service from an authorized dealer, call our toll-free number to receive service instructions...800-521-9922 in the United States, 8:30AM-5:30 PM Eastern Time.

In Canada, call 800-465-2001.

Does not apply to collision repairs.

Hope this helps,

Old 12-15-2004, 04:12 PM

My car was in the shop for over 35 days. They gave me a rental from Enterprise @ the $30/day rate. I had a few different nice rental cars. Very pleased.

Old 12-15-2004, 08:18 PM

Yeah its a Chrysler thing. I always get a loaner. Im currently driviing a Magnum due to that my car is in for couple of repairs. Last time i got a Pacifica.

Old 12-18-2004, 12:18 AM

My dealer would not give me a loaner. When I called Chrysler they told me that the loaner is not covered during "diagnosis". I had to sit there until they figured out what was wrong with the car. Then if it was a warranty repair I would get a loaner, if it is not then I would not get a loaner. Also the dealer refused to perform the ECU flash TSB because my car was not misfiring. The rep at chrysler was the most condescending person I have ever spoken to. Before this I thought that Mitsu service was bad.

Old 12-20-2004, 05:14 PM

I have never had a problem with the loaner. My dealer gives me a loaner even if I am just getting my oil changed! If they are out of loaners they cart me over to Enterprise to get a rental and they give me a $40/day allowance towards the rental. The loaner guarantee is directly from DC so I wouldn't imagine that any dealer could refuse to honor it.

Old 12-21-2004, 08:48 AM

i too get chrysler rental cars. the first time i got a brand new durango the second time a corolla. they told me after that i can request what car i would like. i had a few problems getting the rental the second time but just a little nudge and all was fine.