Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Wrecked my Crossfire.. well I didn't.

Old 12-18-2004, 03:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Wrecked my Crossfire.. well I didn't.

Well I was driving from my buddy's girlfriends house, headed over to his house for Halo 2.. I am minding my own business about to get onto an on-ramp, going through an intersection with a green light while, a number of cars are stopped at the red, when wouldn't you know I get hit by a woman (I am not a sexist, it just happened to be a woman, an indian woman at that) doing 45 mph who runs the red and hits me. We were blind to her, because the intersection is an onramp, with a boulevard and three lanes coming across while the two lanes flanking the middle lanes had a couple cars in each line waiting at the red, while the car that hit us was coming up the middle lane. I hit the brakes as I saw her,( if I hadn't it would have been a t-bone and would have ended up in the hospital). She ended up just hitting my front quarter panel and side door, and ricocheting off my car and off the road through two ditches and ended up coming to a rest just off of the highway where we were trying to get on. The car is undriveable and had to be taken off on a flat bed. Me and my buddy were fine, just a little bruised. Out of about 6 cars there that saw the accident one guy stopped to help us, whom acted as a witness when the cop accused us of running the red light. We also had to both take breathalyzers even though we hadn't had anything to drink, but we were not found to be at fault because of this witness. I cannot fault this assumption of the police officers, but it did add insult to injury. Anyway I just thought I would share this, the car performed perfectly during the accident and hopefully can be repaired, although I will NOT be buying it when my lease is over.

Check my album for a couple of mobile phone pics I took of my X-fire, before it was hauled off..

For those familiar with Oakland county, it was Squirrel rd, and the entrance ramp to M59 East, at that intersection.

Daves(wrecked)X-fire