Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Reporting Major Repair

Old 12-22-2004, 03:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reporting Major Repair

Check engine light comes on. I take it to the dealer and they say it's a catalytic converter code no one has ever seen before. They spend a half hour on the phone with DC and decide it was a bad tank of gas.

A month goes by and the check engine light comes on again. I'm a bit of a procrastinator this time (because now I know the car isn't going to blow up if the light comes on). Four weeks later I take the car in again. Now both cats are bad.

So to make a long story short, they replaced both catalytic converters and all the oxygen sensors.

I was impressed with my dealer! The parts came within a week and they only took a day to do the repair. They also replaced the oil and knew how many quarts the car took!

So far, no problems.

Pam

Old 12-22-2004, 04:00 PM
Default Re: Reporting Major Repair

I too have my car in the repair shop right now. No check engine light, but I was leaking transmission fluid. No immediate big deal but it still needs to be fixed.

The dealer said they don't have the part but it should be in and fixed within a week. They did give me a rental Dodge Dakota Quad Cab for 7 days though.

I'll let you know next Monday if i have my car back or not.

Old 12-22-2004, 04:25 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just be careful buying that cheap discount gas, as most dirty gas problems are caused by these places, although it really can happen at any station if you get to the bottom of the tank. I don't know if you filled up at one of these places or not.. I'm simply issuing a warning, and if you did, they are probably the reason your cat blew up.

I usually stick with several brands, BP or Sunoco is my top choice, I'll settle for Hess or Exxon. Don't go buying RaceTrak or any of those cheapo brands, even if you save a couple of bucks. They basically buy the bottom of the barrel gasoline that real companies won't sell to consumers. That's why its cheaper for them to buy, so its cheaper for them to sell. Often its a blend from several different companies. They might fill up the tanks one day with Sunoco's unwanted gas.. then two days later top it off with Exxons rejected gas. That's all fine if your driving a Honda and filling up with regular.. but for Premium only Crossfires.. go to a premium station. I know numerous people that have had problems from these discount places.

Last edited by NJspeed69; 12-22-2004 at 04:27 PM.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:03 AM

Strictly Mobil 93 Octane for my baby. Just one of those things, I guess.