Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Air Conditioning

Old 01-29-2015, 08:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Conditioning

First, I did a search on several different forums and attempted to word differently each time to find an answer but to no avail. I have a 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe standard. It has 128k miles. My issue is that when I attempt to turn on the air conditioner no air comes out. Conversely when I turn on the heater it works perfectly. No air will even blow out when I turn the climate control **** to cold/cool. I have looked at all the fuses with no answer there. I have looked at the forums describing heater blower resistor issues others have faced and that doesn't match with my problems. Anyone else ran into something similar? I could understand if it was just cool air blowing from the a/c vents then it might be I need a recharge but no air at all makes zero sense.

Old 01-29-2015, 09:32 AM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts
Default Re: Air Conditioning

Originally Posted by splittinhairs
First, I did a search on several different forums and attempted to word differently each time to find an answer but to no avail. I have a 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe standard. It has 128k miles. My issue is that when I attempt to turn on the air conditioner no air comes out. Conversely when I turn on the heater it works perfectly. No air will even blow out when I turn the climate control **** to cold/cool. I have looked at all the fuses with no answer there. I have looked at the forums describing heater blower resistor issues others have faced and that doesn't match with my problems. Anyone else ran into something similar? I could understand if it was just cool air blowing from the a/c vents then it might be I need a recharge but no air at all makes zero sense.
You do not turn anything to cold/cool. If you turn the left hand dial all the way anti-clockwise you will turn the fan off which means no air at all in HEAT or COOL mode.
The center button in between the two rotary dials turns the AC ON or OFF.
If you roll the extreme left/right thumb wheels to the last blue spot it will put the air diverter to the position that it will only divert air through the cooling coils. Rolling them to the last red spot diverts all the air through the heating coils. In between the positions are incremental increases from cold to hot or hot to cold depending on your direction.

I cannot quite understand what you are saying as what you seem to imply is that at some point the air stops suddenly.

Last edited by onehundred80; 01-29-2015 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Additional info added.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:05 AM

Assumed the process as implied. Yes, I turn the left hand **** from the red dial to blue and click the "snowflake" dial on the center portion of the climate control. It is exactly as you described. When I roll the climate control **** from red to blue the fan turns off. It is not a sudden stop but rather a gradual stop. Zero air comes from the air ducts when the climate control **** is on the blue dials and hot air comes from the air ducts when the climate control **** is on the blue dials.

Old 01-29-2015, 10:18 AM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by splittinhairs
Assumed the process as implied. Yes, I turn the left hand **** from the red dial to blue and click the "snowflake" dial on the center portion of the climate control. It is exactly as you described. When I roll the climate control **** from red to blue the fan turns off. It is not a sudden stop but rather a gradual stop. Zero air comes from the air ducts when the climate control **** is on the blue dials and hot air comes from the air ducts when the climate control **** is on the red dials.
My guess is that the AC/Heating **** assembly has gone kaputsky somehow. There is a procedure to check it in the Service Manual, I'd do it if I was you.

Old 01-29-2015, 10:24 AM

Appreciate the quick responses. I will check into that.