Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Muffler Delete Videos

Old 07-08-2015, 12:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Muffler Delete Videos

Hello all. I took a chance and did a muffler delete yesterday, cost $165 for muffler shop to make a custom Y for the stock exhaust tips. I like the way the tips look on our cars, goes with the design.

I wasn't sure if it was going to be too loud and only removed the muffler, the cats and resonator are still on. I use Autoguard on my phone as my dashcam, and this morning turned on the audio recording so you all could hear what it sounds like.

I turned the radio on at my normal level which is sometimes loud but usually just a medium level. I also hit the gas a few times on the highway to see how bad or not so bad the droning sound is.

So far I love it. I don't mind the sound at all, and it's not always in your ear.

The sound is the worst at 2-2.5 rpms, but still not horrible, that's just the worst. I still like it at those rpms.

So here are the videos.

Start up.. did not touch the gas, windows are down. When i moved forward i used 2nd gear, I always have.

On streets..windows down..no radio, then radio in middle of first video.

Getting on the highway windows up....I did touch the gas

Here I hit 100 in 4th gear at 1:50

This is another on the highway.... Sorry for the shake, my mount was a little lose.

Last edited by xzmilan; 07-08-2015 at 12:13 PM.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:56 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Muffler Delete Videos

What camera is that? I'm in the market for one. Sounds nice too. I wanna do something with the exhaust also. Maybe straight pipes but I don't wanna sound like a beefed up Honda

Old 07-08-2015, 09:03 PM

Hey chturner...These are straight pipes. Yeah none of the tin can sound, actually I can't place it but the sound is somewhere between the fastest car in the world, and my old exhaust. ... OK I'm just kidding all....but it sounds great. Actually sounds deeeeeep.

The camera is my cell phone, Galaxy S4 using a program called AutoGaurd, there is a free version and a $2 version. I have the paid and if you want to use the phone it will record in the background. I use magnetic type of holder and it is so easy to take on and off, and not bulky holder in my face. i have to be sure the phone is touching the inside of the window or the headliner is where i have it to avoid the shakes.

Old 07-08-2015, 09:47 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Last edited by Mrmiata; 07-08-2015 at 09:55 PM.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Sounds great.... I was going to go for hearts...but just couldn't afford them..

Old 07-08-2015, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by xzmilan
Sounds great.... I was going to go for hearts...but just couldn't afford them..

They definitely weren't cheap.. but I do believe they make her car an "only one".. LOL.

Old 07-08-2015, 10:20 PM

The cherry bomb actually has more and deeper growl under acceleration than the Magnaflow on my coupe..

Old 07-08-2015, 11:14 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

While these all sound decent, it's difficult to get the full effect on Utube. I haven't yet heard one that sounds like mine but I have yet to try to post to Utube. I will do so in the near future.

Old 07-08-2015, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by JEFASOLD
While these all sound decent, it's difficult to get the full effect on Utube. I haven't yet heard one that sounds like mine but I have yet to try to post to Utube. I will do so in the near future.

Totally agree.. You "get an idea" but it's tv speakers compared to surround sound.. LOL

Old 07-09-2015, 09:21 AM

They definitely weren't cheap.. but I do believe they make her car an "only one".. LOL.
I love it.

Old 07-09-2015, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by JEFASOLD
Hey JEFASOLD, true you don't get the full effect in no way. It would much more impressive live. Because it is a lot deeper sounding than what the recording shows. Just wanted to show you all the sound inside with radio, just for those wondering how good or bad it would be.

I'll do something crazy like put a gopro next to the exhaust and drive ... maybe Saturday..

Old 07-09-2015, 09:34 AM

The cherry bomb actually has more and deeper growl under acceleration than the Magnaflow on my coupe..

Magnaflow - YouTube
So is the Cherry Bomb a muffler delete only? It sounds a lot like mine so I assumed it was.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by xzmilan
So is the Cherry Bomb a muffler delete only? It sounds a lot like mine so I assumed it was.

Actually it's a single in - dual out muffler.. not much of one but it's there.. I fired up my coupe between the Magnaflow swap and was a little to raspy-high pitched for my taste, so when the wife wanted those tips on hers I went in search of a muffler.
OH.. and let me add here.. not meaning to hijack your thread .. just don't think I've seen one where several "ideas" were in one thread.

Last edited by Mrmiata; 07-09-2015 at 10:14 AM.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:42 AM

Actually it's a single in - dual out muffler.. not much of one but it's there.. I fired up my coupe between the Magnaflow swap and was a little to raspy-high pitched for my taste, so when the wife wanted those tips on hers I went in search of a muffler.
OH.. and let me add here.. not meaning to hijack your thread .. just don't think I've seen one where several "ideas" were in one thread.

That's a cool graphic! Don't worry it's about sharing ideas anyway.

Old 07-17-2015, 07:22 PM

This is a 0-60 on my 2004 XF, all it has is a muffler delete and its 6-speed

Old 07-21-2015, 03:22 PM

all these sounds! i want them all. i still have the stock exhaust/muffler and definitely would love to either delete or go with a magnaflow in the near future.

Old 07-22-2015, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by SovietsRule
This is a 0-60 on my 2004 XF, all it has is a muffler delete and its 6-speed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeAMOfMBvyc
OK I'm going to try and do my GOPRO vid this weekend. Any suggestions on postion? Next to muffler, top of car, by spoiler...?

I would really like to do this without it falling off at 120mph ... Want to put it so we can get a better since if we just think it sound good..because inside the car it sounds amazing! So it would be nice to know what we're doing to the rest of the population...are we annoying them with a "tin can" or getting them to say "damn it I should have gotten that Crossfire".. I think it is the second option.

Old 07-22-2015, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by BEATv1
all these sounds! i want them all. i still have the stock exhaust/muffler and definitely would love to either delete or go with a magnaflow in the near future.
Yep and when you have either I am sure you'll love it...if the muffler delete is an option for you hang on, I'll try to get you the video of the exterior sound...it will save you a lot of $$$'s.