Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Just put a deposit on an '05 Crossfire with 19k!

Old 09-03-2015, 07:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just put a deposit on an '05 Crossfire with 19k!

So I will be flying from Ohio to Virginia in a couple weeks to pick up my black '05 Crossfire Coupe M6. Only seen pictures so far, but asked a ton of questions to the owner, who was very honest (I've bought 90% of the cars I've owned "sight unseen"). Used to own a Mercedes 6-speed (C240) and happy to get back in another one, also own a Chevy Silverado, Corvette Z06 and a Pontiac G3 (my DD, for sale now), the Crossfire will be my daily driver for most of the year. Can't wait...

Old 09-03-2015, 07:45 PM
Administrator
Received 883 Likes on 688 Posts
Default Re: Just put a deposit on an '05 Crossfire with 19k!

I keep telling people that the right car is often a plane ride away.

For me, the last two were in other states -the drive home is totally worth it.

Old 09-03-2015, 07:45 PM
Administrator
Received 883 Likes on 688 Posts

But I had forum members check the cars out for me.... you sound a bit braver than me...

Old 09-03-2015, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
I keep telling people that the right car is often a plane ride away.

For me, the last two were in other states -the drive home is totally worth it.
Got that right, I've bought cars from Rhode Island, St. Louis, Kentucky, etc. A plane ticket is nothing when it comes to the right ca at the right price..not to mention I got 2 plane tickets from Frontier for $50 total. I think most people (not dealers, they don't care) are pretty straight forward when it comes to selling cars to people that are a ways away, don't want to risk an *** kicking I guess..the first thing this guy did was send me close up shots of the "defects" he mentioned when I asked about the body, so I'm pretty confident. If the guy seemed like a putz I probably wouldn't have gone this far.

Old 09-04-2015, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by RedNeck
Got that right, I've bought cars from Rhode Island, St. Louis, Kentucky, etc. A plane ticket is nothing when it comes to the right ca at the right price..not to mention I got 2 plane tickets from Frontier for $50 total. I think most people (not dealers, they don't care) are pretty straight forward when it comes to selling cars to people that are a ways away, don't want to risk an *** kicking I guess..the first thing this guy did was send me close up shots of the "defects" he mentioned when I asked about the body, so I'm pretty confident. If the guy seemed like a putz I probably wouldn't have gone this far.
I'm with you. I have purchased a used Corvette, Durango, and Crossfire sight unseen and of course several new vehicles. All have been out of state and the Corvette and Durango and all of the new ones were from dealers. I would much rather do it that way than go and listen to the BS from some salesperson. It seems like if they put it in writing (email) they have considerably more tendency to be honest. If they only want to talk on the phone just tell them to forget it because you have no way to verify what they said.

Old 09-04-2015, 09:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Just put a deposit on an '05 Crossfire with 19k!

I knew what I wanted a black XF coupe so I got on CarMax they had what I wanted but it was in Las Vegas so they shipped it to Riverside, Calif. only about 45 miles it had 38,000 miles so they took my trade and financed wit a 5 year maint. contract so here I am 1 year later and enjoying it more each day.