Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Flashing fog lights

Old 07-02-2016, 11:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flashing fog lights

For some reason my fog lights on my 2006 coupe start flashing. Once I turn off the alarm system they stop flashing. This has occurred twice in June. Someone told me it could be the front SAM. Anyone aware of this issue? Thanks

Old 07-02-2016, 11:34 AM
Received 534 Likes on 451 Posts
Default Re: Flashing fog lights

Originally Posted by srt10
For some reason my fog lights on my 2006 coupe start flashing. Once I turn off the alarm system they stop flashing. This has occurred twice in June. Someone told me it could be the front SAM. Anyone aware of this issue? Thanks
I think these lights flash when the alarm goes off, if they do then check out the following.
Look for water in the trunk well that houses the CLP/SSM, it ruins the pump and controls of the security system. Check it out, look for water down beside the foam blocks underneath the trunk mat.

Old 07-02-2016, 01:13 PM
Received 369 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I think these lights flash when the alarm goes off, if they do then check out the following.
Look for water in the trunk well that houses the CLP/SSM, it ruins the pump and controls of the security system. Check it out, look for water down beside the foam blocks underneath the trunk mat.
Does the alarm siren sound when the alarm is triggered? Besides the excellent advice Dave (180) gave here, you should also make sure your siren works. If the alarm was triggered and only the fog lights are flashing, then your siren may be toast as well. Finally, are you near an extremely high RFI (military or defense contractor) location? I ask this because my fog lights went off by themselves (no siren activation and my sirens work great still to this date), when a B-1 bomber was buzzing the local Air Force Base. I posted about this weird event a long time ago, and another member in the military (If I remember correctly, Guam) had the same thing happen to him. It never happened again to the best of my knowledge. This Air Force Base does not host B-1 Bombers (Shaw AFB) as a rule, they just visit once in a while.

Old 07-02-2016, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
Does the alarm siren sound when the alarm is triggered? Besides the excellent advice Dave (180) gave here, you should also make sure your siren works. If the alarm was triggered and only the fog lights are flashing, then your siren may be toast as well. Finally, are you near an extremely high RFI (military or defense contractor) location? I ask this because my fog lights went off by themselves (no siren activation and my sirens work great still to this date), when a B-1 bomber was buzzing the local Air Force Base. I posted about this weird event a long time ago, and another member in the military (If I remember correctly, Guam) had the same thing happen to him. It never happened again to the best of my knowledge. This Air Force Base does not host B-1 Bombers (Shaw AFB) as a rule, they just visit once in a while.
That is they reason that I wear a tin foil beanie when I go near installations like this, you can never be too safe.

Old 07-02-2016, 05:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know if this matters, I put in an after market Viper system a year ago. The after market system seems to work properly. After selecting the unlock button on the fob, I heard the siren beep twice, which it should do. You think its from the old system. I replace the old system because it no longer operated. I do appreciate any help. Thank you

Old 07-02-2016, 07:08 PM

I don't know if this matters, I put in an after market Viper system a year ago. The after market system seems to work properly. After selecting the unlock button on the fob, I heard the siren beep twice, which it should do. You think its from the old system. I replace the old system because it no longer operated. I do appreciate any help. Thank you
Aftermarket?
That changes everything. Good luck.

Old 07-03-2016, 11:37 AM
Received 369 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Aftermarket?
That changes everything. Good luck.

Ditto about changing everything... Dave, our electronics are not shielded from RFI, I found that out a LONG time ago when my 99 Olds Intrigue had an issue with the throttle going to 3000rpm while at the closest drive through (only) at a local bank. Happened twice (once shocking, second time intentionally to see if it repeated itself at that window, and yes it did). Since then, I used the inside counters OR used the second/third drive up (away from the building). The time my XF fog lights went nuts, Mrs and I were eating B-fast right outside the AFB, and a B-1 was low flying over the base. Saw the fog lights ONLY flashing (right outside the window) and went out to see why. No alarm, reset with FOB, no other reason. The post I made was commented on by another member who experienced the same condition (once as far as I remember). I happen to know RFI can screw with many systems, its one of those things that can and do happen more than anyone knows. Never observed this flashing again on my car.