Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Tinted windows on a SSB

Old 05-18-2005, 10:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Re: Tinted windows on a SSB

Originally Posted by chxf
Sorry question: what is limo?

But like Mr. Garrison said to his South Park scholars: "... and remember children, there are no stupid questions - only stupid people ..."
NO. The only stupid question is the one never asked...anyways limo is 5%.

Old 05-18-2005, 10:08 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Tinted windows on a SSB

Sorry question: what is limo tint?
darker than dark....black tint you can not see out of...or in on. i had it on one of my cars years ago...can you say tunnel vision from the inside.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/galle...cat/500/page/1

i have.....50% all the way around...still classy but semi private. you can still see through the car. this is my personal preference.

Old 05-18-2005, 10:18 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Jackson
How well can you see at night? I have a black coupe and am thinking about getting a 30% tint job done, just wondering if i will be able to see very well at night. might do with anyway because i think that it would look kickas* all blacked out![/
it would be 35%...i don't believe 30% is offered.

take a look at "mighty's" car below, he has this set up on a black crossfire.

Old 06-16-2016, 02:20 AM

Does anyone have a silver Crossfire with tinted rear window? I'm thinking about doing so, but I'm not sure if it suits with the silver. I saw in the gallery some red, white and black ones. With those it looks great. How about a SSB? Who has some pics? In the gallery?
Thanks
i also just bought a sapphire silver and want to tint- did you get any good pictures WITH the level of tinting? that's the hard part. Have you done yours, and do you have pics?
Sold my graphite with 167000 miles, bought the SSB with 62k. Don't expect the "new one " to be as great a car, but you can only hope.
Both '04 coupes, no learning curve! (tho they were built 5 months apart and the first one built, the SSB, well, has more little demons . like window switches in backwards!

Old 06-16-2016, 03:26 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not to be a buzzkill, but you should check with your State to see the max tint allowed on the back window.

You woul hate to have paid out good money to install a tint only to find that you may be required to tear it out if you are stopped.

Old 06-16-2016, 06:22 AM
Received 522 Likes on 415 Posts

Originally Posted by eikon
Not to be a buzzkill, but you should check with your State to see the max tint allowed on the back window.

You woul hate to have paid out good money to install a tint only to find that you may be required to tear it out if you are stopped.

This is good advice for anyone considering tinting the windows on the Crossfire. My 2007 Coupe is tinted all around & looks to be fairly dark. But it was like this when I bought it used in OCT, 2008. Previous owner did it to the car. I've never been stopped by local authorities questioning the darkness.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:00 AM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

Wow!
This thread is eleven years old, that is what I call resurrection.

Old 06-16-2016, 11:03 AM
Received 180 Likes on 150 Posts

The 3M "Crystalline" films comes clear as glass and in various shades of tints. This new technology blocks 99.9 UV and 97% infra red and still reduces solar heat gain by some of the best percentages regardless of the shade of tint. Only the very blackest films reduce heat gain more and they are most likely against state law just about every where.
You can have very good interior heat reduction, chose the tint of your choice (none to smoky gray) and be street legal with this newer film. The darker shades do reduce glare better.

It does cost more, but it can be the best of both worlds. Very good heat and damaging ray reductions, while being street legal. I did my rear hatch on a coupe> $150 with life time warranty.

If you are just going for looks and have no care about ray and heat reduction there are less expensive films out there.

Old 06-16-2016, 12:12 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey DD,

I have an SSB srt6 roadster and have the back and side windows done, med tint all the way around.

When I first did it, I also had the rims the original silver and was on the fence if I liked it. I plastidipped my rims to flat black and that solved the problem. It is really all about personal preference.

I have been told it is illegal by more than one police officer when being stopped - but no tickets (for speeding either - yahoo...), they usually want to discuss the car...

Every once in a while they do a big crack down on tinted windows and if you get pulled over at one of the check stops they will make you peel it on the spot or give you a ticket that they will cancel if show up the next day at the station and show them you have done it. Only front, drivers and passenger windows up here are illegal, all other windows are ok.

If you do get stopped and have an option of not peeling on the spot and showing up the next day, do that, it is easier to remove with some goof off vs peeling and then trying to clean up the adhesive mess i find... I had this happen on my dodge truck years back, the cop just peeled my windows, no choice, no discussion - I was young and full of **** and vinegar so the interaction did not go well and I ended up in the back of his car and off to the police station.... Long story short - after me bitching and stating he had no right to touch my truck his supervisor agreed and I filed a formal complaint and had to show up at court down the road, the judge agreed and ruled in my favor - funny part is I got reimbursed for the cost of tinting my windows (I had already had them re-done the week after the incident).

Anyway, I know my rights and don't let any police officer push me around.

Old 06-23-2016, 12:50 AM

Check out my pics
I did 30% Huper optic ceramic around and it is beautiful
I will try to get some of just the back and post for you.