Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions

9th Annual Fall 2015 - Tail of the Dragon GTG-October 1, 2, 3, 4

Old 07-27-2015, 02:07 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 448 Likes on 315 Posts
Default Re: 9th Annual Fall 2015 - Tail of the Dragon GTG-October 1, 2, 3, 4

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
Don't do the Dragon Friday.
Spend it down West of Franklin, NC on another franc's Off road adventure.

>>See Post #94.
Free lunch, Mountain view, Nice ride thru Western NC mountains.
Absolutely the best way to spend Friday if you are making it there in time to join us
More info in post #94 and ya need to let Franc know if you will be going with us

Old 07-27-2015, 03:17 PM
Administrator
Received 877 Likes on 683 Posts

Yea, if you can make it in time, go with DustyFranc.

As for me, I have several people arriving around noon-2 pm and will be doing a short morning run then hanging out at the lodge for a lunch around 1pm (in the Grill), when they arrive, I'm gonna take them to the observation tower on the parkway and up and down the Dragon, etc.

Old 07-27-2015, 07:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in!

Room booked

Old 07-29-2015, 08:15 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Guys/Gals,

For the Men the colors available are Black with Silver Embroidery or Light Grey with Black Embroidery
or Charcoal Grey with Silver Embroidery.

For the ladies Pink with Black Embroidery, Red with White Embroidery.

Same style shirt for men or ladies, ladies can order men's, men can order ladies.

*Your Choice, you can have the Roadster or Coupe, just let me know which logo you want on what color*

Price per shirt is $18, I can delivery the shirts at the Fall Dragon Meet (for the $18 price)
If you want me to bring the shirt to the Fall Dragon, please Pay Pal me you payment in advance. meehanm@bellsouth.net

Also, if you want I can ship them to your home. Payment is through Pay Pal. Price per shirt is $24, that includes the shirt,shipping and the Pay Pal fee.
My Pay Pal email is: meehanm@bellsouth.net

Shirt Sizes are Large, X Large, XX Large
Gildan Brand, 100% Cotton, Great Quality ( Will last a Long time )

*When ordering Please indicate the size and color you would like*

My husband is modeling the X Large Shirt, chest measurement is 24"

Last day to order shirts is Aug. 16th, order will be placed on Aug. 17, there will be a one week
turn around, I will ship as soon as they are done, I suspect about the 25th of Aug.

The only colors available are the ones mentioned above. I can not ad any other logos or names on the shirt.
What you see is what you get, Logo and CROSSFIRE.

Attached Thumbnails 9th Annual Fall 2015 - Tail of the Dragon GTG-October 1, 2, 3, 4-100_2609.jpg   9th Annual Fall 2015 - Tail of the Dragon GTG-October 1, 2, 3, 4-100_2924.jpg   9th Annual Fall 2015 - Tail of the Dragon GTG-October 1, 2, 3, 4-100_2604.jpg   9th Annual Fall 2015 - Tail of the Dragon GTG-October 1, 2, 3, 4-100_2928.jpg  

Last edited by deerhunter; 07-31-2015 at 08:23 AM.
Old 07-30-2015, 01:56 PM
Administrator

Just so you all know, Deerhunter was at the North Georgia/ATL GTG Sunday and Tricia got one of these shirts, she says the quality is good.

Old 07-30-2015, 02:48 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

I wore one at the CAA6, red with white embroidery.

Old 07-30-2015, 04:21 PM

Improvements at Fontana Lodge.........

We are very eager to present several new property additions and renovations!
We recently added a large observation deck that provides scenic views of the property.
Soon we will be introducing outdoor movies, horseshoes, ladder ball, corn hole and more, all accessible from the observation deck!
Also, our stone fire pits have been newly renovated for guests to gather around and enjoy evening bonfires.

Old 07-30-2015, 04:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just went on line and checked availability and they have King, queen 1 & 2 available. Is there a limit on the number of Crossfire members get the discount? From the way she sounded there were no rooms available at all. She kept saying"Let me check ___, Let me check ___,Let me check ___, no I'm sorry there is nothing available, we are completely booked."
I's sorry but I cannot believe the entire lodge is booked 2 months in advance. It is disappointing to not make it this year but what really makes my jaws tight is being lied to. I believe there are rooms available they just don't want to rent to us at the cheaper rate.

Old 07-30-2015, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by ewaynec
I just went on line and checked availability and they have King, queen 1 & 2 available. Is there a limit on the number of Crossfire members get the discount? From the way she sounded there were no rooms available at all. She kept saying"Let me check ___, Let me check ___,Let me check ___, no I'm sorry there is nothing available, we are completely booked."
I's sorry but I cannot believe the entire lodge is booked 2 months in advance. It is disappointing to not make it this year but what really makes my jaws tight is being lied to. I believe there are rooms available they just don't want to rent to us at the cheaper rate.
I just spoke with the lodge
I sent you an urgent PM

Last edited by Valk; 07-30-2015 at 04:53 PM.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:46 AM
Administrator

Well, I just called Fontana Lodge to make reservations for the TOD and was informed they are completely sold out for the four days.There is nothing available. Ya'll think about me.
Well, there is us, the GenCoupes and the Fiats that weekend as well as the usual tourists and hikers.
I KNEW it was going to be tight this fall.

But it is always good to let Gary know and let him run interference for you. The desk people have little authority to bend rules, etc., but we have a contact up there with a lot more authority.

Old 07-31-2015, 11:01 AM

I did not call them, I did not want to seem like I was begging for a room. If they wanted to rent me a room they would have found one without someone interceding for me. It was a toss-up as to whether I would go or not, so maybe the room will go to someone who wants it more.
Gary I appreciate your attempt, but it was not necessary.

Old 07-31-2015, 01:40 PM

I needed to get to the bottom of this issue with Fontana Lodge
I just called the reservations manager which I know and discussed this issue of being told "no rooms" vs. "having rooms" available.
The miscommunication is due to the new Fontana management using a off site reservations service which is a number they reference on the website.
When they are called by a member identifying themself as a Crossfire member they see a Crossfire Room block which is FULL based on the number of rooms we have on our contract therefore saying the lodge is full
The lodge being the main building by the pool where we check in
The resort does still have rooms available outside the main lodge building

We have already exceeded the number of rooms on our contract but they will still accommodate the rate until tomorrow August 1
If ya call the resort directly Marie will accommodate our group rate and she will get you in

So if anyone here still wants a room contact Marie directly at (828) 498-2154

Also note:
The first post in this thread has the phone number that connects you to the reservations staff AT Fontana Lodge
This is really the only number to use when calling for a room for our group
I have made them clearly aware that the off site reservation service needs to be informed how to manage reservations for groups.....
but as well our members need to follow the info as it has been provided in post #1 as well to avoid from having these issues arise anyway.

Last edited by Valk; 07-31-2015 at 07:20 PM.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:24 PM
Administrator

If you think the Lodge is screwed up, I will bore you all with the awful experience I had at the Hilton Garden Inn in Clarksville, TN last week.

It is getting to the point that the name "Hilton" doesn't mean a damn thing.... Cant ANYONE do their job anymore?

Ok, almost hijacking of thread - far enough.

Old 07-31-2015, 09:28 PM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Many times in the past when I have organized "Group" reservations we were given a code for those that like to make their reservations online. I wish they would do this for us. I see it on there reservation page as an option.

Old 07-31-2015, 09:49 PM
Received 505 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
If you think the Lodge is screwed up, I will bore you all with the awful experience I had at the Hilton Garden Inn in Clarksville, TN last week.

It is getting to the point that the name "Hilton" doesn't mean a damn thing.... Cant ANYONE do their job anymore?

Ok, almost hijacking of thread - far enough.
Not to continue the hijack but, I am finding recently that most of America doesn't give a hoot about delivering to expectations anymore.
Sad.

That said, the staff at Fontana does not need to be "begged" to provide our group with good service. Historically they have been excellent hosts.

Old 08-01-2015, 08:40 PM
Administrator

Agreed. Sometimes making a reservation gets complicated after all the reserved rooms are taken - but they went out of their way for me this spring when I wanted a conference room for the driver's meeting. They also scrambled to help me find the supplies I needed (that I just didn't think about before) to make things run smoother.

That was actually my first meet that I organized that I was actually AT. Next spring should go off a lot smoother, I kept my notes and will be far more prepared.

I'm pretty sure that THIS fall they will be 100% booked by the time that weekend comes, with us, the Gens and the Fiats all there.

Old 08-01-2015, 08:59 PM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I did not call them, I did not want to seem like I was begging for a room. If they wanted to rent me a room they would have found one without someone interceding for me. It was a toss-up as to whether I would go or not, so maybe the room will go to someone who wants it more.
Gary I appreciate your attempt, but it was not necessary.
I have to share that your attitude about this whole thing simply mystifies me . . . If as you say, "It is disappointing to not make it this year" then you should have been willing to make the minimal effort required to pick up the phone and book your room reservation (especially after Valk had jumped in to provide assistance specifically for you). You could easily have avoided your disappointment!

Last edited by RED DOG; 08-01-2015 at 09:23 PM.
Old 08-02-2015, 12:11 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Valk,

I'm coming up on Thursday with alaxfire and leaving Saturday to Dozer-sit for the wife.

Old 08-02-2015, 12:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok. Since Max is going to room with George...I still have a room with 2 double Queen beds available for Thur,Fri, and Sat night to share...... {I don't snore LOL}...Carl

Old 08-02-2015, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by RED DOG
I have to share that your attitude about this whole thing simply mystifies me . . . If as you say, "It is disappointing to not make it this year" then you should have been willing to make the minimal effort required to pick up the phone and book your room reservation (especially after Valk had jumped in to provide assistance specifically for you). You could easily have avoided your disappointment!
Don't you dare try to make this my fault. I did make the effort, I called and asked for a room. My attitude is a direct reaction to the treatment I received. My attitude toward you is a reaction to your comment.
I told Gary I appreciated his effort, but if he had told us there were a limited number of rooms available it would have made a difference, and this incident may not have happened. I thought the only requirement was to book before Aug. 1st. Don't lecture me about what I should have done. I did all that was required of me. Any fault lies with Fontana Lodge and those who made the agreement with them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 9th Annual Fall 2015 - Tail of the Dragon GTG-October 1, 2, 3, 4