Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

How often do you drive your Crossfire ?

Old 04-10-2007, 05:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: How often do you drive your Crossfire ?

7,700 since 2004. I take it out on weekends and special occasions. I drive 1,000 miles a week for work so don't really drive much on weekends. I refuse to use it for work as it would be way to many miles.

Old 04-11-2007, 12:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MI1XFIRE
My car spends more time in the garage than on the road. Only drive it on nice clear days, it has only seen rain on the day I got it new from the dealer. It sat for nearly 3 months this winter...Michigan winters are awful... (road salt, potholes and bad drivers...)
I'm in the same boat. I only take it out on nice days with no threat of rain, and of course it sits in the garage from October until late April because of the salt they put on the road.

We sold our 1987 GTA Trans Am to buy the XF. It only had slightly over 20k on it when we sold it. So, this won't see alot of miles either.

Old 04-14-2007, 11:51 AM
Forum Regular

I drive mine every day (about 30-45 miles). Next month I will be taking it cross country from Georgia to Texas. I cannot wait to see how quick I can make the drive!

Old 04-14-2007, 06:56 PM
Forum Regular

Ours will be a daily driver, maybe 40 miles a day. It's hard to say though because it has been freaking raining just about everyday since we got it last week. Grrr.

Old 04-23-2007, 10:04 PM

Everyday! Cars are meant for driving. I have a 2005 Limited Roadster with just 10K miles. You know, there's something romantic about rain falling on a soft top. You should try it sometime.

Old 04-23-2007, 10:33 PM

Waaay too much, as a daily drive and weekend car I've racked up a good 10K since December. Thankfully with a manual tranny I don't need to worry about really expensive transmission work.

Old 04-24-2007, 12:50 AM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Mine... Daily about 1 to 2 hours depending upon traffic... long distance trips (2,000 miles each way to my parent's for Christmas 2006, etc.) and the track as often as I can afford to do so.

I wouldn't have it any other way. I enjoy driving and this car is a joy to drive to begin with, so I guess I'm just addicted.

Old 04-24-2007, 01:09 AM
Forum Regular
Talking Re: How often do you drive your Crossfire ?

I've had my '04 since new and it now has 7,588 miles on it. It lives in a heated garage when the weather is bad or when it may rain. I only drive it when it's real nice out and when I'm not on the Harley.

This year it's going to be a different story. I Just had my back fused so the Harley is parked for the year. Gas is over $3 a gallon again, the diesel pickup only gets 19 mpg, the 300C gets 22 to 24 mpg on a good day, but the Crossfire gets 29 to 30 mpg real regular!

So for now the Crossfire is going to be my daily driver until the weather turns bad in November! I just hate driving the chick magnet... LOL.

Old 04-24-2007, 01:47 AM

my xfire was purchase used, and already had 50k on it as a two year old! (which is the only reason i could afford it) but since i got it almost a year ago, i've only put 2k on it, half of which was on a roadtrip i took a few mo. ago down to the bat area on hw 1. (nice!)
I LOVE MY CROSSFIRE!!!

tall_girl

Old 04-24-2007, 02:06 AM

I'm glad to see so many daily drivers. That's what I do also, but sometimes I would get a pang of guilt thinking I'm not caring for the car correctly. No more! I love driving the car - it was made to be driven.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:42 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 04' Coupe had 10k in three years when I turn it in. Garage kept and only taken out on the really nice days. The new 06' Roadster will get the same care. November to April it's in the garage, up on blocks, covered and tucked in for the winter. Wife and I use it as a weekend cruiser.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:44 AM

A car like this demands to be driven all the time and is my daily driver (except snow & ice).

With the six-speed MT I find excuses to drive it whenever i can.

Old 04-24-2007, 02:06 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Red face Re: How often do you drive your Crossfire ?

Originally Posted by TBird
My 04' Coupe had 10k in three years when I turn it in. Garage kept and only taken out on the really nice days.
~ no offense... but it sounds like you paid to keep it nice for the next guy...

when leasing a car... why not use it as much as possible (on any dry day)... 10k in 3 years... hardly used or enjoyed imo.

Old 04-24-2007, 02:47 PM

Agreed. I even think the same way about my purchase. Yea the price does go down if you drive it, but not enough where im not going ot drive it. Even it was worthless after 10k i would still drive it everyday. But i guess i bought mine to drive and love, others buy for other reasons.

Old 04-24-2007, 02:57 PM
Forum Regular

I agree with your opinion. I never planned to turn it in when I first got the car, but with the value having fallen like it did, it made no sense to buy out the lease when I could get a new 06' Roadster for only 4k more. The buy out on the lease was $19,800. Made more sense to turn it in and get the Roadster.

Believe me, it was not easy to turn it in. I was very sad to let it go. Wish I had a way to keep both but my other half wouldn't go for it. At least I still have one, and it's a purchase so I'll have it for a very long time. Sure I will drive this one a lot more since I wanted the Roadster the first time, but they where not available back then.

Old 04-24-2007, 03:03 PM

But why wouldn't you drive it just because you weren't going to buy it. When you decided not to buy it you should of went on a 5k mile road trip and drive it all day. Still costs the same. I don't think the price should have any affect on how you drive. But i can see how someone might not drive it on a rainy day. If they have another car, but even if i had another, I would still drive mine everyday. That's why I could never get a winter beater, because after i bought my XF i still had my old Mitsu. Galant, and i had to drive it to get it inspected and It just sucked compared to my Xfire.

Old 04-24-2007, 03:27 PM

I racked up over 300 miles in three days! Because of shuffling cars around and taking in my trade-in today, I haven't been able to drive it the last two days and it's making me bonkers! While these first few days with it have been awesome, I admit that I am terrified to drive it anywhere until I get a clear bra put on. With that black paint a scratch would cause me to have a coronary. It makes me happy to know it's safely tucked away in the garage.

Old 04-24-2007, 03:32 PM

Lol. The most i put was around 250 in 1 day when i drove to Philly. I'm driving to Miami June 29th for 4th of July. 1,110.6 Miles from Baltimore.

Old 04-24-2007, 03:57 PM
Forum Regular

We all have our reasons for why we do the things we do. I would drive mine everyday if I could, but for business related reasons I can't. Having it as a weekend driver is just the way it works out for me.

Old 04-24-2007, 10:50 PM
Forum Regular
Talking Re: How often do you drive your Crossfire ?

I'm so bummed today... I'm working nights this week. I got up a little late this afternoon but not too late, took my shower, fixed lunch, headed out to the shop to jump in the Crossfire to head to work and BAM! It was gone! My wife had taken it... She was nice enough to take my security pass out and put it in the diesel pickup for me, but dang, what a bummer! I was really looking for a fun drive in to work and then all of a sudden I have to drive the monster truck in... Oh well, maybe tomorrow... LOL.

Quick Reply: How often do you drive your Crossfire ?