Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Crossfire Battery

Old 09-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Crossfire Battery

Originally Posted by Kit Fox
It dosen't seem they sell them online, looks like I might have to pick it up in person at my nearest store.
If you have a Sams Club membership, they also have a battery for the Crossfire, under $70.00, installed. It fits perfect, black though, not white.

Old 09-09-2010, 05:52 PM

Well, these prices sound good....I'm wondering now. I have a 2007 XF and I plan on parking it most of the time this winter. from November to March only getting it out on sunny days when there is no snow. I will start it at least a couple times per week. For all of you who have had more experience, do you think I'd be wise to replace my battery before winter or is this overkill?

Old 09-09-2010, 07:01 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by martylogs
Just had tires from The Rack installed at a franchise dealer, no issues all week, suddenly battery is dead...amazing ha. I have been in the car biz for over 30 years and do not buy this... I know the Service Director and have sent an email to him with my concerns. If needed, I will try the Walmart 48-3 deal.
Fun Fun
Are you implying the tire install somehow killed your battery?

Old 09-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Learnin - You can have your battery load test for free at most auto parts stores to check its over all health. If it checks out okay you probably don't need to replace it before winter. I live in a northern climate and store a couple of motorcycles and the Crossfire over the winter months. All of them are on battery tenders (http://deltranbatterytender.com/). Not all battery tenders/maintainers are equal. I have no affiliation with Deltran but highly recommend the Battery Tender Plus. Not only does it keep your battery fully charged but it helps eliminate sulfation which builds up on the plates in the battery diminishing its life. In adddition, starting your car and allowing it to idle will not help keep the battery charged unless your running above 2,500 rpm for an extended period of time. If you choose to start your vehicle you should make sure that you allow it to run until it reaches normal operating temp. Not doing so will allow condensation to build up in the engine and the exhaust system. Allowing it to reach normal opperating temps will help burn off the condensation that will develop. Keep in mind the above is JMHO and others may disagree.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:28 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Please don't say you bought it at walmart I love the store but! they don't rotate their batterys at all you could buy a two year old battery and not even know it. I was a tec for interstate battery for a year. All batterys have a stamp melted in them. ABCDEF the letter will mean the month starting with Jan. And the number will be the year. If the battery has more than one stamp it is six months old or more!!!

Paul

Old 09-16-2010, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Hindin
Learnin - You can have your battery load test for free at most auto parts stores to check its over all health. If it checks out okay you probably don't need to replace it before winter. I live in a northern climate and store a couple of motorcycles and the Crossfire over the winter months. All of them are on battery tenders (http://deltranbatterytender.com/). Not all battery tenders/maintainers are equal. I have no affiliation with Deltran but highly recommend the Battery Tender Plus. Not only does it keep your battery fully charged but it helps eliminate sulfation which builds up on the plates in the battery diminishing its life. In adddition, starting your car and allowing it to idle will not help keep the battery charged unless your running above 2,500 rpm for an extended period of time. If you choose to start your vehicle you should make sure that you allow it to run until it reaches normal operating temp. Not doing so will allow condensation to build up in the engine and the exhaust system. Allowing it to reach normal opperating temps will help burn off the condensation that will develop. Keep in mind the above is JMHO and others may disagree.
Thanks for the helpful information. I'm going to have mine checked soon. I'm also going to get one of those maintainers, too. Generally, in my neck of the woods, there will be enough snow free days, with temps above freezing, that I'll be able to get er out for a drive now and then. But, there will probably be a three week period where I won't be able to do this.

Thanks.

Old 09-16-2010, 04:35 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Three weeks is nothing..... If you can get it out for a good drive at least once a month you should be fine.... the battery tender is cheap insurance and peace of mind....

Old 09-22-2010, 03:01 PM

Had my battery in since 2005! However, a couple of days ago it would start some days and some days not. After checking it out, there was monster corrosion on the positive lead. Full of green stuff. Got some vinegar and baking soda to get rid of it now the car starts with no problem.

Just wondering if any of y'all have had this problem and a way to make it never come back. I heard petroleum jelly would work.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:54 PM

I took out the stock battery and replaced it with 2 AA's

Old 09-22-2010, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Joliet John
I took out the stock battery and replaced it with 2 AA's
I've got you beat - 2 D's.

Last edited by Grumps; 10-01-2014 at 08:40 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Grumps
I've got you beat - 2 D's.
I went with AA's to save weight. The added weight of the D's was slowing me down.