Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Questions on the color

Old 01-17-2009, 03:10 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Questions on the color

Originally Posted by dczahner
Hello this is my first posting i just wanted to say i have had my 2007 red blaze pearl roadster now for 76 mnths and i love it its the best car ive ever owned cant wait for the weather to warm back up and put the top down again,
Welcome to the forum dczahner. Take a look around. There is lots of info here for you.

Old 01-18-2009, 06:11 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Samo, I have a 06 Aero Blue Roadster with the two-tone eggshell & black interior. Love the car, it is a automatic & loaded with every option, I now have 7,000 miles on it & looking forward to spring as well. It is not condusive to driving in Northern wisconsin yet, -31 two mornings ago!!. Anyhow would never drive it on all the salt they put on the roads. Here is something interesting regards the Yellow Pearl color, when about 19 I had a 49 ford convertable, (wish I still had it-it would be worth more than my crossfire!), anyhow it was a soft yellow-creme color, just a shade less yellow than the crossfire, with a dark green top, what a dandy. I also wanted a yellow crossfire but fate brought me this Aero Blue one & I have had a ton of compliments on the color, seems many others like it better than the yellow, so now, even tho blue was not my first choice it must be others, so I am happy I got the Aero Blue, with the pretty interior, (which I insisted on), again my preference as the total gray interior was not to my liking.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:12 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hello this is my first posting i just wanted to say i have had my 2007 red blaze pearl roadster now for 76 mnths and i love it its the best car ive ever owned cant wait for the weather to warm back up and put the top down again,
Welcome! Wow you joined April 2008 and this is your first post.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Color is so subjective it's hard to be objective.

One thng I do know is the "cow glide" interior is nice until you touch it. That bone steering wheel gets dirty fast. Hard to keep clean also.

The right price is also a bit subjective. I paid $19.5K for mine with 4.2K miles on it. That's less than 1/2 price of new and it was literally "new" condition. I thought it was a good deal. Seems others think that's not so good. Now they have dropped a bit more.

No car is an investment. Makes me laugh when I read ads selling Harleys that tell how much the owner has "invested" in his bike.

CARS & BIKES ARE AN EXPENSE! If it makes you happy then enjoy life. The options might just be to stay home, drive/push a Yugo and watch TV. That sounds like good practice for a nursing home. It's all subjective.

The one I have is white with the cedar interior. Sharp. Wish it was black and gold.

10-10inside.jpg

GO STEELERS!

Old 01-19-2009, 08:03 AM

Nice!, & you are right. I am a dealer & bought mine wholesale from a dealer 14 mos ago, it is a 06 & had 2900 miles on it, Aero Blue with the two-tone eggshell & black interior & loaded with every option. I bought it for $18,000 which was about a good $7-8000 under what they were bringing retail. I am very pleased to this day, now 7000 miles with the car & the price I paid!!

Old 01-19-2009, 09:24 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by buff5
loaded with every option.
By "loaded" you must mean it's a limited with the nav radio option. Nav being the only factory option.

Old 01-19-2009, 11:19 AM

Yeh, thats what I meant. Have installed a windscreen & blue lighted sill plates as well, thats it, so far. Oh, the Mercedes sticker in the lower rt corner of the winshield & some Mercedes emblems & some custom paint on the engine cover as well, dresses up the underhood area, real nice.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:01 AM

Can someone show me a picture of the cup holder either i dont have one or im so stupid i cant find it.

Old 01-31-2009, 10:29 AM

I assume that the yellow was never offered in a coupe. I think it would be very sharp. In fact my wife suggests that I repaint my black SRT6 in crossfire yellow. Would be unique and a head turner (maybe as in turning away). Any opinions on a SRT6 yellow coupe?

Old 01-31-2009, 12:34 PM
Forum Regular

Can someone show me a picture of the cup holder either i dont have one or im so stupid i cant find it.
In POST #24, of the interior, it is the rectangular cutout in the center console, beside the parking brake and directly below the conv. top switch and pwr mirror ****.

Old 01-31-2009, 01:24 PM
Received 505 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by 007_MI6
In POST #24, of the interior, it is the rectangular cutout in the center console, beside the parking brake and directly below the conv. top switch and pwr mirror ****.
That is not a cup holder. It is a concealed device that when actuated by pressure will punch a useful drain hole in you styrofoam cup or put a nice bruise on your right elbow.

Quite effective actually.

There is no "cup holder" in the Crossfire!

roadster with a stick

Old 01-31-2009, 01:26 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
That is not a cup holder. It is a concealed device that when actuated by pressure will punch a useful drain hole in you styrofoam cup or put a nice bruise on your right elbow.

Quite effective actually.

There is no "cup holder" in the Crossfire!

roadster with a stick
LMAO, the hatred that device continues.

Old 01-31-2009, 02:34 PM
Forum Regular

Just as a point of info the Nav Radio wasn't the only option from the factory. The other factory options I ordered when I ordered mine in 12/04 were the Premium 2 tone interior for $250 and the 5 speed AutoStick for $1,075. I didn't order the All Season tires (I think they were a $175 option). The performance tires were standard and as I never planned on using the car in bad weather I felt I could do without the tires. Does anybody know of any other FACTORY options available? Thats all I could think of. Were any of the paint colors (I think Blaze may have been) an extra cost option?

Old 01-31-2009, 08:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Classic Yellow was a "Premium" colour too

Old 01-31-2009, 08:56 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

There is a yellow roadster in NC.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Old 02-01-2009, 07:00 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Price seems a little high, I had less than 1/2 the milage and a $1000 less in the asking price. Do the Verts bring that much more?

Old 02-01-2009, 11:28 AM

Apparently the yellow convertibles are being offered at a much higher price...don't think they made very many and the manual yellow is also very hard to find...out of all my searching I have found 1...and will notl lower the price...$19,000 with 15,000 miles...looks like I am going to have to pay to get exactly what I want...hope I'm not disappointed with the car or maintenance...

Old 02-01-2009, 11:35 AM

Only 8 to 11 percent of all Crossfires were Yellow and Alabaster. They are both rare, probably the reason for the premium. My '08 is the second Yellow Roadster I have owned...

Respectfully,

Paul (MisterTaz)

Old 02-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you are looking for a realy rare car, you have to buy a chrysler crossfire srt6 Roadster.

1503 Cars were built.

Old 02-03-2009, 03:07 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: Questions on the color

Originally Posted by buggy4crossfires
Just as a point of info the Nav Radio wasn't the only option from the factory. The other factory options I ordered when I ordered mine in 12/04 were the Premium 2 tone interior for $250 and the 5 speed AutoStick for $1,075. I didn't order the All Season tires (I think they were a $175 option). The performance tires were standard and as I never planned on using the car in bad weather I felt I could do without the tires. Does anybody know of any other FACTORY options available? Thats all I could think of. Were any of the paint colors (I think Blaze may have been) an extra cost option?
There were also two Red's available at a premium.....Inferno Red and Blaze red.

Quick Reply: Questions on the color