Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Chrysler's official response

Old 02-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Chrysler's official responce

Originally Posted by patpur
Antonio where are you getting your info that Chrysler is "working hard to fix themeselves"? Cerebrus is working hard to unload them and they can't find a buyer. This deal made about as much sense as the EMI/Terra Firma deal. No Terra Firma can't run a record company either. The guy who almost ran Home Depot in the toilet has no business running a car company. This reminds me of the old Korvette department store days when they'd loose a manager/buyer in the music department they'd fill it with a guy from lady's wear, totally clue less and expected to hit the ground running. Sorry Antonio the ship is sinking and Nardelli just wants us to throw money at it.
Well one things for sure....you don't know anything about Chrysler. I'm on the inside actually seeing, and helping make Chrysler better. You're speculating and basically using the press headlines as your information about Chrysler.
I get my information from speaking directly to:
Ralph Gilles - Chrysler head designer
Doug Betts - Chrysler Cheir Customer offer, quality head.
Lou Rhodes - Chrysler Electic vehicles head.
Jim Press - Chrysler Chariman

So Patpur....where exactly do you get you info from??? I'm dying to know?

Also Nardelli is a very SMART business man. He's been doing an excellent job at Chrysler. So far he has:
Eliminated 4 unprofitable models.
Rightsized the workforce
Cut fleet sales which will make Chryslers have higher resales
set up stratigic partnerships with Nissan, VW, and now Fiat
Improved Quality, fuel economy, and imrpoved over 95 % of Chrysler's vehicles.
I'd have to say Nardelli is doing a great job at Chrysler because I actually know what he's done, i'm not just using press headlines to get my information.

OK now let's talk about what Chrysler has done after their new independence as once again an American Held company. After Daimelr basically tried to kill the company:

1.Chrysler has decreased warranty claims by 30%, within the 1st 90 days of ownership, which means less problems over the vehicles lifetime, and better quality.
2.They sold over 2 million vehicles last year, and had the LOWEST recalls of any manufacturer in the entire industry.
3.They have improved fuel economy on over 78 % of their vehicles.
4.They invested over 500 million dollars to improve the current vehicles that are being sold right now!
5. They have been leading the electric vehicle production as top electric vehicle manufacturer in the US, and are trying to have the 1st electric production vehicle by 2010 even before GM. They have 3 working prototypes, more than any other manufacturer!
6. They have scaled back production from trying to be a company that produces 4 million cars per year, to the size they actually are producing, which is 2-2.5 million cars per year.
7. They have been rapidly persuing emerging international markets, where profit will be coming from, to stabalize downturns here in the the US.
8. They have and are improving all vehicle interiors, and issues right now as we speak!

This is a fraction of the the things that Chrysler has done over the past 2 years since they became independent once again.

Instead of judging Chrysler by the "doom and Gloom" and rumors of the press headlines...............how about actually learning about Chrysler and helping Chrysler!

I'm an active member on the Chrysler Advisory Board. I and other members have been responsible for many of these great changes, along with a great bunch of people leading Chrysler right now like Jim Press, Nardelli, And the others. The CAB is frequently polled, and asked questions about about thousands of topics. We frequently argue, discuss, criticize Chrysler & add our opinions on how to fix the problems that Chrysler has. And all the engineers, CEO's, and people working at Chrysler read and communicate with us. They also tell us what they're doing to fix these issues and how they're fixing the company. So That's where I get my info from.

If you wanna help make Chrysler a better company, Join the Customer advisory board at www.chryslerlistens.com

If your lucky you might be selected like I have been, and the other 1000 members.

We should be supporting Chrysler, not bashing Chrysler, after the neglect Damiler imposed on them!

Old 02-02-2009, 01:35 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
In the context of the Pacifica, a well designed independent rear suspension is preferable to a solid beam - the Pacifica was never intended to be a cargo hauler like a minivan can be - evidence the removable rear seats of a minivan, the flat load floor, and the fact that it's available in true panel van form. The Pacifica was intended to be more of a semi-luxury people hauler. I'd take the independent rear suspension over the solid axle any day of the week for that application. The solid rear axle in the Mustang is often a point of contention when discussing that vehicles handling characteristics, especially when comparing it to it's new rivals, the Challenger and Camaro, both with IRS.
I agree with you 100 %. But remember a minivan was intended for hauling stuff, then people realized that they can haul a bunch of people very comfortably as well. I like the pacifica, and it was intended to be an upscale luxury crossover. And the newest version with the 4.0 got rave reviews from the press, but by the time they got it right it was too late. And sales had slid. We're talking apples & oranges when comparing the two. I like both, but both serve different purposes.

Also remember the Pacifica was actually the worlds 1st crossover. Chrysler was the company that invented Crossovers. They took that Damiler car Chassis and made the pacifica on it. Chrysler did that with leftover Damiler parts. So everytime you hear how great Crossovers are selling you should thank Chrysler for inventing them....! Not Daimler of anyone else!

Old 02-02-2009, 01:36 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck Antonio I'm glad they picked you for their advisory board, that's gonna save Chrysler?
I'll give you this, the people you are dealing with probably would like to save Chrysler because their jobs are on the line but the truth is Cerebrus is looking to unload it and when they do someone will probably grab up the minivan part of it, Jeep will always find a home and the rest bye bye. This is a car company with no apparent direction at the top other than to find a buyer. Should they find a suitor like Nissan it could provide some interesting possibilities but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Like I said Antonio, good luck.

Last edited by patpur; 02-02-2009 at 01:43 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:43 PM

As a former owner of a Limited 02 PT and current owner of a 05 SRT6- I am sorta torn by the decisions made by Chrysler.
As great as the PT was in the beginning I soon found out why it was such a "Unique" car- I often referred to it as a Neon with a different shirt on and had the tranny go out at only 30,000. The PT was classified as a light truck- to boost Chrysler's over EPA rating on their light truck series. (Why didn't that raise some flags)
Needless to say I was glad to see her go----
Then 3 years later, we purchased the SRT6- which is now the second love of my life!
As great as it is - and unfortunate that they have stopped production- I see this as a great investment-
who knows, in 20 years or so, we just might have a jewel on our hands- that is if we're not all driving cars that run on snozberries and cooties. There, that is my $0.02!

Old 02-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

I applaud all that Chrysler is doing to turn itself around and hope it survives and prospers. But I am not all that enamored with Nardelli.

Just so you know, his formative years were in GE under the tutelage of Neutron Jack Welch, so his first reaction to any crisis is to cut heads. Probably required in this case, but he has no qualms. Second, ask the folks at Home Depot how his reign worked out. He was highly rated coming in and they bought him off with a platinum parachute after he almost ran that retail organization into the ground (one cause... he laid off a lot on knowledgeable associates). Now that he's back in manufacturing, he's probably on more familiar ground. Of course, with Cerebus looking to recoup it's investment and make a quick profit if possible, don't look for any long-term decisions to be made in the best interests of Chrysler. They have a "take the money and run" mentality.

Old 02-02-2009, 02:42 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

Chrysler's 200C EV - wow! nice looking electric car. Looks like some Crossfire in the styling. If they can make and produce electrics like this and get them out there at a reasonable price who knows?
Nardelli still needs to go.

Old 02-02-2009, 04:08 PM
Forum Regular

there is no official information released regarding the
discontinuation of Chrysler Crossfire and Chrysler PT Cruiser
Hmmmmm
Seems in their canned responses are out of date.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:03 PM
Forum Regular

Good luck Antonio I'm glad they picked you for their advisory board, that's gonna save Chrysler?
I'll give you this, the people you are dealing with probably would like to save Chrysler because their jobs are on the line but the truth is Cerebrus is looking to unload it and when they do someone will probably grab up the minivan part of it, Jeep will always find a home and the rest bye bye. This is a car company with no apparent direction at the top other than to find a buyer. Should they find a suitor like Nissan it could provide some interesting possibilities but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Like I said Antonio, good luck.
Thanks. I'm still waiting to find out where exactly you get all your speculitive information from? Really I'd like toknow? You seem to have such a great knowledge of Chrysler, so please share your sources???

Also Cerberus is trying to get away from Chrysler, and that's the BEST thing that could happen to Chrysler. Cerberus shouldn't be in the car business in the 1st place! They're looking for a quick profit to satisfy investors. The Car business take time to become profitable.

Lastly....
Just remember how your opinion is of Chrysler everytime you drive your crossfire with the Chrysler logo on it.

......Oh and by the way if Chrysler is broken up in pieces like your hoping for, you crossfire with be worth nothing...just like your low opinion.

Now have fun in your Chrysler crossfire.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Received 505 Likes on 349 Posts
Default Re: Chrysler's official response

To survive Chrysler will need a good bean counter. Nardelli is good at that.

But, they also need a man of vision at the top. Nardeli in not that.

Chrysler succeeds when it builds exciting cars that people want to buy. Hopefully they ignore Washington and build saleable products. In terms of reacting to the mood of the mob (the buyers) they can react more quickly than most of their competitors.

Recently, I have been at several dealerships. Most are upbeat about what they suspect or know is coming down the line.

I am encouraged for the company.

roadster with a stick

Old 02-03-2009, 01:26 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher

But, they also need a man of vision at the top. Nardeli in not that.

Chrysler succeeds when it builds exciting cars that people want to buy. Hopefully they ignore Washington and build saleable products. In terms of reacting to the mood of the mob (the buyers) they can react more quickly than most of their competitors.

Recently, I have been at several dealerships. Most are upbeat about what they suspect or know is coming down the line.

I am encouraged for the company.

roadster with a stick
Chrysler has a great "Car guy" at the top who knows cars. That's where Jim Press comes into the picture. He's the president of Chrysler, and he's mostly responsible for the success Toyota has had here in the US. Now he's on Chryslers team. And he's making great progress.

Lets see what happens.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:42 AM
Senior Member/Moderator

Antonio my info comes from various auto publications and management at a Chrysler dealership. Let me make one thing very clear to you. I don't want to see Chrysler fall apart, my grandfather was a dealer and I grew up with the product line. I think my Crossfire and the two PT's I owned were/are the finest cars Chrysler ever built. The problem at Chrysler is the same as at EMI. You have capital companies come in and try and make a fast buck. These companies seem to know little about the companies they buy. Their job is to cut and trim what they see as waste and get the company ready to re sell at a profit. I seriously doubt Nardelli gives a rat's "a" about Chrysler's product, Nardelli damn near killed Home Depot which has never recovered. While I agree with you wholeheartedly that Chrysler has some great people on board, right now Cerebrus and Nardelli are their worst enemy. I'm sorry Antonio I fail to see the progress when they do away with cars like the PT. The car should have had an upgrade, there probably should have been a panel version that many were asking for, as well as a 6 cyl version and they basically just let it die on the vine. I see more HHR's on the road now than PT's. I'm frustrated, please don't take that frustration as I want them to die, no way.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:49 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Interesting that this rather "spirited" thread started with Scott's wife receiving an incorrect response to her inquiry on the discontinuation of the PT. Most likely, the response came from a contractor located in India or Malaysia, or wherever Chrysler outsources their customer call center. The contractor probably couldn't pick out a PT, Crossfire or minivan from a line-up, and obviously referred to an outdated product sheet when responding; so I'm not sure it could really be considered as Chrysler's official response. But, as others have pointed out, Chrysler has a few more pressing items on their plate right now.

All of the posts (including mine) are based on opinion, 2nd hand info, press releases, and Chrysler dealer observations. These are all unreliable sources, with the exception of our opinions (some more passionate than others).

The fact of the matter is that none of us has the inside line on what's really going on and will probably have to wait until some institution, like the Harvard Business Review, does an in-depth case study to determine the true facts of the situation. Until then, let's hope that the Fiat partnership works out better for Chrysler than it's last two marriages. At least Fiat is comprised of very passionate car people and not hedge fund mgrs.

And, speaking of passionate car people - Spring is coming - Let's enjoy our X-fires! Two months until the Dragon

Old 02-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
you know when things go to sh*t? when the lawyers and bean counters run companies, instead of the guys who know and care about the product.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:19 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

A M E N Mr. F !

Old 02-03-2009, 03:46 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mr. F
you know when things go to sh*t? when the lawyers and bean counters run companies, instead of the guys who know and care about the product.
I would like refine your statement. The lawyers and bean counters have always run the companies. When things go sh*t they are the only ones left visible as they are the only ones without golden parachutes.

Old 02-04-2009, 12:42 AM
Forum Regular

Antonio my info comes from various auto publications and management at a Chrysler dealership. Let me make one thing very clear to you. I don't want to see Chrysler fall apart, my grandfather was a dealer and I grew up with the product line. I think my Crossfire and the two PT's I owned were/are the finest cars Chrysler ever built. The problem at Chrysler is the same as at EMI. You have capital companies come in and try and make a fast buck. These companies seem to know little about the companies they buy. Their job is to cut and trim what they see as waste and get the company ready to re sell at a profit. I seriously doubt Nardelli gives a rat's "a" about Chrysler's product, Nardelli damn near killed Home Depot which has never recovered. While I agree with you wholeheartedly that Chrysler has some great people on board, right now Cerebrus and Nardelli are their worst enemy. I'm sorry Antonio I fail to see the progress when they do away with cars like the PT. The car should have had an upgrade, there probably should have been a panel version that many were asking for, as well as a 6 cyl version and they basically just let it die on the vine. I see more HHR's on the road now than PT's. I'm frustrated, please don't take that frustration as I want them to die, no way.
If Chrysler actually has managers like you at their dealerships, then your right they will go down. I hope you take your frustations and try to help make Chrysler a better company. I'd at least signup on the CAB with an altered identity, and make your comments public for Chrysler to read and review. If your serious about helping make Chrysler better, then take some hard action and criticize Chrysler to make it better where they read your views. If your actually on the inside use that to make a better company.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:39 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by antonio311
If Chrysler actually has managers like you at their dealerships, then your right they will go down.
Thats a strong statement and a reach as assumptions go. The success of a badge depends on health of many relationships and if a manufacturer is so weak that disapproval of their actions by dealership management kills them they were already dead. Chrysler does not have issues at the dealership level, they have issues at the top.