Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Not many for sale?

Old 03-01-2009, 06:06 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not many for sale?

I haven't been on Autotrader or Cars. com in a while (wife wants new car - Audi wagon only) and for the heck of it - looked up Crossfire Roadsters within 250/300 miles from me - results came back at under 95.

A year and half ago when I was looking - there were at least 300 within the mileage I put in - Glad I have mine! I think trying to find Graphite with a cedar interior would be real tough!

Are these cars actually getting harder to find? Don't talk value - I know they are a fraction of what most of us paid - but getting rarer?

Old 03-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Received 505 Likes on 349 Posts
Default Re: Not many for sale?

Originally Posted by MAKIII
I haven't been on Autotrader or Cars. com in a while (wife wants new car - Audi wagon only) and for the heck of it - looked up Crossfire Roadsters within 250/300 miles from me - results came back at under 95.

A year and half ago when I was looking - there were at least 300 within the mileage I put in - Glad I have mine! I think trying to find Graphite with a cedar interior would be real tough!

Are these cars actually getting harder to find? Don't talk value - I know they are a fraction of what most of us paid - but getting rarer?
Truth is many dealers won't touch them. Mercedes parts and technicians cost a bundle and the car's sale price just wont carry it. Plus, providing even a 30 day warrantte could be financialy risky.

Erni Mitchell, here in St charles MO won't put one on his lot even as a loss leader or a bargain car. Yet they are a steal.

Private owners are often upside down on their loans so they aren't parting with them. Even to trade for somthing else. It is reducing the supply that are available for sale.

Meanwhile, those in the know are snapping them up. Look how many 2 Xfires members there are.

roadster with a stick

Old 03-02-2009, 09:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Not many for sale?

Try looking for an SRT Roadster. I used to see two or three around my area, then it became two or three in all areas, even Ebay has dried up on SRTs.