Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Lambo doors, Yes or No?

Old 08-15-2015, 10:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Lambo doors, Yes or No?

I would say personally no to Lambo doors

Old 08-19-2015, 02:52 AM
Smile Re: Lambo doors, Yes or No?

Yes I Like very much think they look great

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Xfire Done.jpg (1.43 MB, 42 views)
Old 08-28-2015, 09:12 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by xfireon20z
I would say personally no to Lambo doors
I had them installed yesterday BIG mistake the drivers door fine but not the passenger door it will make you a gentleman as you will have to open the door for the lady as now I will have to open it for all ladies so I will have it back to normal on the passenger side, its not even 24 hours and I will have the passenger side removed, Vertical Doors has been in bussines many years and have photo books of all the cars that they have installed them on, so many are foe car shows I get enough attention wth my black XF coupe so any one thinking of getting them I would recommend only on ythe drivers side.

Old 08-28-2015, 01:17 PM
Administrator
Received 884 Likes on 689 Posts

Originally Posted by Caught in a Xfire
i am very apprehensive about getting them, im afraid my car may get messed up any suggestions, thoughts, likes dislikes or things to look out for with a project like this?
Do the work yourself and no need to worry about messing the car up. I can't speak to the technical aspects of the doors, but I do have something to say.

I think Lambo doors are old news, I am tired of them, I think they are a weak attempt to turn the car into something it's not and I think you look envious by doing it to your car.

BUT...

There is a girl in Florida (I say girl cause she's 20 or 21 years old) who has "Hello Kitty-ed" her white coupe. I'd never do that to mine - but I think we all should turn our car into what we want it to be; that is, it should reflect who we are and it should represent us in the best way possible.

If you like Lambo doors, if that is how you want to express yourself thru your car - then you should do it and you should ignore what I think and what others think.

And if you DO it, I'd still like to see it at the Fall Dragon.

Old 08-28-2015, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
Do the work yourself and no need to worry about messing the car up. I can't speak to the technical aspects of the doors, but I do have something to say.

I think Lambo doors are old news, I am tired of them, I think they are a weak attempt to turn the car into something it's not and I think you look envious by doing it to your car.

BUT...

There is a girl in Florida (I say girl cause she's 20 or 21 years old) who has "Hello Kitty-ed" her white coupe. I'd never do that to mine - but I think we all should turn our car into what we want it to be; that is, it should reflect who we are and it should represent us in the best way possible.

If you like Lambo doors, if that is how you want to express yourself thru your car - then you should do it and you should ignore what I think and what others think.

And if you DO it, I'd still like to see it at the Fall Dragon.
I only wanted them as I am having a hard time getting out when people park too close to me, it does take a lot of effort to close after getting in, Im sorry I got them $1200.00 wasted have not heard back about making the passenger door back to stock?????????????Will just live with them it is easier with doors up if someone parks too close, my arm is going to get bigger lifting the door so Im getting to like them after 2 days.

Last edited by jayloukakis@hotmail.com; 08-29-2015 at 02:44 PM. Reason: to add some info.
Old 08-28-2015, 05:18 PM
Administrator
Received 884 Likes on 689 Posts

I usually don't even park Avril where I need to worry about the car next to me.....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Gray Trucksmallest.jpg (738.9 KB, 169 views)
Old 08-29-2015, 03:09 AM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

You don't say what the problem is, surely it can be sorted by the supplier.

Old 08-29-2015, 08:13 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

The web site states :
You also have the option of opening your door as factory unlike most Lambo Doors, Scissor Doors, Wing Doors, Butterfly Doors, Lamborghini Doors, etc, imitators.
Is that not true ?

Old 08-29-2015, 09:31 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

So I guess the answer to the original question, Re: Lambo doors, Yes or No? The answer for you is yes and no.

Old 08-29-2015, 09:34 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

If that is addressed to me Dave, the answer is NO.

Old 08-29-2015, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
If that is addressed to me Dave, the answer is NO.
The answer was for Jay, yes on the DS and no on the PS.
I never park where there could be an entry or exit problem from the car. I park where I think it will be safe, mind you the taxi costs to get from the parking spot to where I'm going start to add up after a time.

Old 08-29-2015, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
The web site states :

Is that not true ?
Not true it iis much easier to get in since the door is very heavy but with the door up much more room to get in, my driveway has a slight incline and I always had a problem getting out as the door wanted swing back noe it is much better getting in whever parked, my complaint is the door is much harder to close once seated in the car takes a lot of energy to pull down once halfway no problem, most women would have a big problem, most women I date want to open their own door. I doubt the car wash people will even know how to open and close so I may have to wash my own car again since at my age I use the car wash as I will be in 3 months 84 years.

Old 08-29-2015, 03:06 PM

Due to the seating constraints of your ride, fat chicks are not to be found in your little black book.

Old 08-29-2015, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by bspence
Due to the seating constraints of your ride, fat chicks are not to be found in your little black book.
I doubt there are any chicks in his, somewhat dated black book they are all past their best before date like me.

Old 08-29-2015, 04:47 PM

NO FAT CHICKS, I tell the ladies Im 19 and never been kissed the Blondes believe me, I have a lady friend just left and shes a little old shes 39 years that's what keeps me young.

Old 08-29-2015, 05:07 PM

I have been retired now for 17 years, divorced for 28 years and have no interest in getting married again or letting a lady move I like living alone, most they can stay is 1 night only.

Old 08-29-2015, 10:39 PM

Incredibly exotic - go for it. I'd just pay attention to the warranty, and what the specification on the gap is.

Old 08-30-2015, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by DenverCrossfire
Incredibly exotic - go for it. I'd just pay attention to the warranty, and what the specification on the gap is.
He is in the process of taking one off now, you didn't read this thread did you. LOL
Do you want a Lambo style passenger side door?

Old 08-30-2015, 09:04 AM

I will leave both doors vertical but wish that I never had it done only because it is so hard to get the door down once in the drivers seat, live and learn.

Old 09-01-2015, 06:55 PM

Next week will have the doors taken off and back to stock, the company Vertical Doors did a terrible installation the passenger door does not fit right window will not seal and rain would pour in drivers side fender and door do not align they offered to adjust but they are booked for 2 weeks so next week a local shop in Hemet will remove the doors and take back to stock. Cost $280.00 original cost for installation $1200.00 normal cost $1900.00 so I got a deal?? so if anyone is thinking of getting them try them out on a car that has them, I did not want them for attention as I get plenty of that with my XF black coupe, live and learn sometimes it is Xpensive.

Quick Reply: Lambo doors, Yes or No?