Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

BAS & ESP Light

Old 01-15-2010, 02:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy BAS & ESP Light

I had my 2004 Crossfire parked for two week and got in to start if up and my BAS & ESP light came on. Do I need to go to my dealer or can I check it out myself.

Thanks

Rick

Old 01-15-2010, 02:39 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: BAS & ESP Light

Turn the wheel full stop to the left, then the right, then back to center and go for a little drive. It will most likely go away. (unless there is a real problem with the system... )

Old 01-25-2010, 10:39 PM

I still have no idea what this light really means. When I first bought my Xfire it could come on a couple of times a week. After killing the car and starting it back up it would dissappear. Since the new year I think I have seen this light maybe once.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:29 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This one could be a battery issue. Said you had it parked for two weeks. If MikeR's fix doesn't work then I'd check your battery and /or tire pressures. That has been a factor as well. The lock to lock turn of the sterring wheel fix may take a few minutes to reset things. Mine took a bit when I did it. If none of these things fixes it and your battery is good then it could be something called a Steering Angle Sensor. I had the same issue in our Mercedes and after a few trips back, that was replaced and no issue in the past two years.
Pat

Old 01-26-2010, 01:52 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by patpur
This one could be a battery issue. Said you had it parked for two weeks. If MikeR's fix doesn't work then I'd check your battery and /or tire pressures. That has been a factor as well. The lock to lock turn of the sterring wheel fix may take a few minutes to reset things. Mine took a bit when I did it. If none of these things fixes it and your battery is good then it could be something called a Steering Angle Sensor. I had the same issue in our Mercedes and after a few trips back, that was replaced and no issue in the past two years.
Pat
I agree with patpur. I've been disconnecting my battery (working on other things) and each time I re-connect it and go for a drive, that light comes on. I pull over, full-left/full right and center and it goes away and doesn't come back. But I always park it in my garage turned slightly left-not centered. Your battery may be getting weak.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the reason you turn the wheel lock to lock and center is so the computer can measure the distance for the bas (brake assist system) esp (electronic stability program). when the battery is disconnected the puter must restablish the steering parameters.
it could be as simple as the brake light sensor under the brake pedal to a full abs failure to trip the light.
reset by turning lock to lock and have any codes read. then if no codes you should be fine

Old 01-26-2010, 04:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the same thing going on, but my spoiler is also staying up and the light for it is blinking.

Can anyone who has had this light come on verify whether or not the TC would work when the light was on. I have been having the issue for about 2 weeks and my TC does not function and I can not lower my spoiler, any one have any other suggestions?? I have already left the negative disconnected, tire pressure is fine, battery is new and problem still persists.

John

Old 03-18-2010, 09:54 AM

BAS ESP Light - 2004 Crossfire

My BAS ESP Light would come on after startup only once the brake pedal was pushed.

I determined that the Stop Light Switch (Standard Motor Products # SLS392, $16.00) was faulty. There was a melted pit burned in the switch plastic sliding surface area that caused the circuit to light only momentarily and only at the beginning of the pedal push. Replaced the switch, all good to go.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by cojo2004
BAS ESP Light - 2004 Crossfire

My BAS ESP Light would come on after startup only once the brake pedal was pushed.

I determined that the Stop Light Switch (Standard Motor Products # SLS392, $16.00) was faulty. There was a melted pit burned in the switch plastic sliding surface area that caused the circuit to light only momentarily and only at the beginning of the pedal push. Replaced the switch, all good to go.
Maybe your sop light switch is incorrect adjustment, short circuit to ground or wiring/plug connection between pressure sensor and control module is faulty that's why your stop light switch was also faulty.

Last edited by firemen; 07-17-2010 at 04:21 AM.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:18 AM

I've had a similar issue, the BAS/ESP light comes on after a few minutes of driving, which disables the traction control. I do the reset and it goes away for a few minutes, but will come back on again when I start to drive. Have checked the brake light switch and this seems to be fine. I think it is one of the wheel sensors or the steering angle sensor. The only fault code the car is showing is the P0410 - Secondary Air Injection - totally seperate issue. I don't have the issue with the spoiler being stuck as other member have reported.