Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Eurocharged Tune + Remote Flashing Cable - $265!!

Old 04-05-2011, 06:24 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Eurocharged Tune + Remote Flashing Cable - $265!!

I ordered my cable but missed the deal. Hopefully they will still allow me to get the tune at the March rate.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:26 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

My cable arrived, I have the tune scheduled for Thursday afternoon, my friend with the PC and wireless internet is in the loop (Apples since 1989 for me) We have a go to launch!

Les

Old 04-05-2011, 08:04 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by velociabstract
My cable arrived, I have the tune scheduled for Thursday afternoon, my friend with the PC and wireless internet is in the loop (Apples since 1989 for me) We have a go to launch!

Les
I look forward to hearing about your gain with the tune, or should I say loss (in lap time). Did you ever get that Zeitronix hooked up? Even if not, you'll have a little better peace of mind after the tune when you're flying down the track at WOT.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:36 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I continue with my splice mortified paralyzed syndrome. My spring rubbers arrived but I don't how I'm going to get them in. I tried on my spare worthless Eibach's and it won't be easy. I plan to run to the Dyno after the tune to document the expected gains. (and make sure the AFR's are OK) Next track day is the 17th of april. If I don't step it up I won't win anything this year, the competition has gone all in. The sucker in 2nd. last year hired a driving coach and race mechanic and he has improved more than I thought possible. I offered a bonus to his coach if I beat him next event.

Les

Old 04-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i emailed jerry, he is a very nice guy! and responded within half an hour! i just purchased my tune and look forward to getting it done soon!!!

Old 04-13-2011, 12:01 AM

eurocharged customer service is top notch!!! i was told i wouldnt be able to get my tune done until thursday at the earliest. clint emailed me at around 10pm and said we could do it now! that he was on the was back from dallas and had a 4g card with him! procedure only took around 20 minutes. the tune made a whole world of difference!! def. a happy member of the eurocharged team and i sport the decals on my crossfire with pride!!!

Old 04-13-2011, 12:14 AM

Hello Jerry,

Greetings from Singapore. I have previously asked about doing this tune and just managed to grab hold of a windows laptop and was going to go for the sweet deal. Unfortunately I did not realize that the deadline is end March. How much does it cost to get it done now?

cheers

Eddy

Old 04-15-2011, 04:49 PM

emailed a few times no reply do you guys offer tune still? im good to go for buyn, cant be that much more to ship a cable to canada

Old 04-15-2011, 05:01 PM

E-mail Jerry at: jerry@eurocharged.com
If you just send to the forum sometimes they don't go through. If you still don't get through let me know. I live in Houston and will call them for you. If you need to do that send me a PM with phone and e-mail address. I think you will get them though. You can also e-mail Clint at : clint@eurocharged.com and Jake the owner at ; jake@eurocharged.com

Let me know if I can help, glad to do it. They did a great job on my car.

Old 04-15-2011, 05:09 PM

sounds great looking forward to it ,and thank you for the email addys

Old 04-17-2011, 02:57 PM

Here is what may seem like a dumb question...(so plz bear with the DIY noob lol). On Eurocharged website the flash cable looks like a standard usb-obd2. From what I've read and was told that type of connection offers rather limited options for tuning. Instead one should use a 38-pin cable (see pic). The intel came from a couple of friends of mine on the BMW forum (running an M5 and a 740IL, both are DYI tuned via a similar 30-something-pin BMW cable with good results) so im wondering if that is true for our ecu's as well. If our ecu can be flashed via a regular obd2 then could we use say a ELM327 bluetooth module to get it working with Eurocharged software?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
sku_16548_4.jpg (75.6 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by nick78ru; 04-17-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nick78ru
Here is what may seem like a dumb question...(so plz bear with the DIY noob lol). On Eurocharged website the flash cable looks like a standard usb-obd2. From what I've read and was told that type of connection offers rather limited options for tuning. Instead one should use a 38-pin cable (see pic). The intel came from a couple of friends of mine on the BMW forum (running an M5 and a 740IL, both are DYI tuned via a similar 30-something-pin BMW cable with good results) so im wondering if that is true for our ecu's as well. If our ecu can be flashed via a regular obd2 then could we use say a ELM327 bluetooth module to get it working with Eurocharged software?
If you were doing actual tuning on the car then yes, most likely a 30-pin cable would be better.

However, with the remote tuning, all you are actually doing is transferring the data file containing the tune parameters onto your ECU. Jerry and Eurocharged make the tuning changes on their laptop input the needed changes to account for modifications, then transfer the file to your ECU...Using the USB-OBD2 is not an issue, as it is not different than transferring data from your computer to an external hard drive.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:35 AM

magredvet:

I sent Jerry at Eurocharged an e-mail over the weekend. He answered me today. He wants to know when we want to do the re-dyno tune. I expect the used stock filters any day. This is Easter weekend coming up on Sunday. I can do on Friday, Sat or the following week end. Let me know soon ,so I can get with Jerry and get it scheduled.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:17 AM
Forum Regular
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Dave, I can do Friday, if the shop is open, or Sat, if he's prepared to open the shop ........either weekend is good for me ............did he mention if he got my e-mails ?

Old 04-18-2011, 11:53 AM

The Eurocharged cable is a Galletto cable - *not* a "standard" USB<->OBD2/CAN(Serial) cable like an ELM327.

You can't use the Galletto cable (at least not in its stock form with any existing software) to read sensors / OBD-II data, and you can't use a "standard" ELM cable to flash the ECU.

So if you want to both read/display data and reflash the ECU you'll need two different cables at this point.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:59 AM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Well, we will try again today. I should be in early enough to catch the guys at work. Hopefully we will get this scheduled and done. Maybe today. We shall see.

Finally....Wed is the day...all set and ready for a tune...

Last edited by oledoc2u; 04-18-2011 at 07:41 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:00 PM

magredvet;

I sent Jerry another e-mail saying Friday or Sat would be good. Friday is Good Friday, so could be a problem. Told him we could schedule out further if he needed to. He had not mentioned your e-mails. I did ask if he had received them. Waiting for an answer at this point. Hope I have the stock filters by then. We need to get this done when he has time though, so we get it done when we get it done.

Old 04-18-2011, 12:33 PM
Forum Regular
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

No problem, I'm totally flexible, as I know he must be snowed under right now, especially with the new addition and all

Old 04-18-2011, 12:59 PM

Great, we just have to wait and see when he wants to do it. Going to go to mail box to see if the filter are here yet.

Old 04-18-2011, 05:25 PM

Thanx for clarifying!
Galletto cable is actually what i meant lol I was just wandering since my '97 S500 was flashed with the 38-pin cable.

Quick Reply: Eurocharged Tune + Remote Flashing Cable - $265!!