Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Chrysler to Replace '05 Convertible Tops Under TSB - YAHOO!!

Old 09-21-2014, 05:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Chrysler to Replace '05 Convertible Tops Under TSB - YAHOO!!

Originally Posted by RED DOG
What is your vehicle's date of manufacture shown on the sticker on the driver's door?
It was actually 04/04. Must have been one of the first roadster limited!

Old 09-21-2014, 06:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where in so cal i live in hemet 92545

Old 09-21-2014, 09:38 PM

Had mine replaced two yrs ago.I did have recall letter from original owner took it to dealer in alliance ohio they looked at top whitch was coming loose in bottom corner they ordered new top and had it installed at a local custom shop a week later.There was no charge for anything and they gave me a car to drive while they had the xfire. No problems at all and top looks just like old one and fit and finish is right on.

Old 09-22-2014, 08:01 AM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by jayloukakis@hotmail.com
Where in so cal i live in hemet 92545

Old 09-22-2014, 10:20 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TLCLAY2003
Actually I never received the letter because (according to Chrysler) I was not the original owner of vehicle (I bought used with 13000 miles on it) and the dealer I bought it from had went out of business (actually it was one that Chrysler closed), Therefore they did not know I owned car?
You have a North Carolina Roadster(?), purchased from at the time, legitimate Chrysler Dealer, w/ low miles(?), failure a couple of months over the "10 Year" period, which you were never informed of...Chrysler should honor their Warranty out of goodwill, or tell them you will never, ever be back! Warranty not restricted to original owners.
Their Letter was mailed to the "select State" owners of DMV record in 9/2011.

Last edited by lovecross; 09-22-2014 at 10:35 AM. Reason: addition
Old 09-22-2014, 10:51 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Actually I never received the letter because (according to Chrysler) I was not the original owner of vehicle (I bought used with 13000 miles on it) and the dealer I bought it from had went out of business (actually it was one that Chrysler closed), Therefore they did not know I owned car?
THAT'S PURE BS !!!
I got a letter and I bought mine used from a Nissan dealer. I was the second owner.

Old 09-22-2014, 12:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lovecross
You have a North Carolina Roadster(?), purchased from at the time, legitimate Chrysler Dealer, w/ low miles(?), failure a couple of months over the "10 Year" period, which you were never informed of...Chrysler should honor their Warranty out of goodwill, or tell them you will never, ever be back! Warranty not restricted to original owners.
Their Letter was mailed to the "select State" owners of DMV record in 9/2011.
Chrysler knows nothing about goodwill...

Old 09-22-2014, 03:12 PM
Angry Re: Chrysler to Replace '05 Convertible Tops Under TSB - YAHOO!!

IDK what I am doing wrong, both times I called, the reps had NO IDEA what I was talking about. I could not even get a claim number. They just said there is NO TSB or extended warranty for my car. They suggested I go to the dealership to have them look at it...dealership wants me to pay $139 for them to look at something that Chrysler should be fixing for free....I'm lost here. Completed NHTSA complaint and BBB complaint and Chrysler hasn't budged.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by jobiggs
IDK what I am doing wrong, both times I called, the reps had NO IDEA what I was talking about. I could not even get a claim number. They just said there is NO TSB or extended warranty for my car. They suggested I go to the dealership to have them look at it...dealership wants me to pay $139 for them to look at something that Chrysler should be fixing for free....I'm lost here. Completed NHTSA complaint and BBB complaint and Chrysler hasn't budged.
Just had mine replaced with 40232 miles on the odometer , I am the second owner. Just bought the car in August. I bought the car from a Chevrolet dealer where as the original owner traded for a new manual Corvette ( and she is a woman too). I read about the recall , went to the NTSA http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/...yTDx!-36343558 seen the complaints and when I was negotiating the price this was a factor that was brought up. The Chevrolet dealer contacted the local Chrysler dealer and made arrangements to get the top fixed. It took 2 months to get the top and the paper work done. It went in on 9/02/2014 and I picked it up on 9/08/2014.waranty.jpg
wa1.jpg
TSB-23-035-11 REV.A The key is less than 100,000 miles and less than 10 years of the original owner buying the car. The car I bought the original owner did not purchase car until 3/31/2006 so you need to check your Vin. Number to see when the original purchase date was.

Old 09-23-2014, 11:48 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jobiggs
Your car is checked for TSBs by the VIN and they are trained to "admit nothing."

Old 09-24-2014, 06:33 PM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Harley_Rider
I have scanned over this thread but didn't see a list of the 9 states (where car was originally delivered) that the TSB covers. Is there a list somewhere?

Bob
I have also been over this thread extensively but I cannot find any "list of the 9 states". Does anyone know what states are included in the most recent TSB? FYI in am the 3rd owner so no letter and located in VA which is where the car was originally purchased and registered (first registration July 2005) for the past 9 years.

Don

Old 09-24-2014, 06:52 PM
Forum Regular

This warranty was for 10 years, or 100.000 miles, correct? My 05's top hasn't failed yet, so I guess I'm on my own if it does.

Old 09-26-2014, 01:31 PM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

More research seems to indicate the Rev A TSB for this problem applies to all states. BUT......I have not seen a copy of the Rev A TSB so I do not know for sure. Anyone??

Old 09-26-2014, 05:13 PM
Forum Regular
Thumbs down Re: Chrysler to Replace '05 Convertible Tops Under TSB - YAHOO!!

Originally Posted by 2005 Blue Crossfire
More research seems to indicate the Rev A TSB for this problem applies to all states. BUT......I have not seen a copy of the Rev A TSB so I do not know for sure. Anyone??
Search (the Forum): "9 States". Their TSB, incl. Rev A, specifies 10 year/100,000 mile Warranty, it does not mention the 9 States, that came to us via e-mail from Chrysler & can be found elsewhere in the volumes on this Forum. Their model year 2005 & 9 State restrictions are nothing more than cost containment measures which means: screw the rest of you Roadster owners.

Old 10-05-2014, 08:00 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks everyone, i sure hope this is real. I asked my local dealer and they told me that they have never heard of this. I have a 05 so hopefully they will fix it. Mine just started coming loose along the bottom just a couple of weeks ago. And after a brand new front bumper and paint some jerk backed into me while parker at advances auto. I know what the truck looks like that did it with his trialer hitch, but was inside and didnt see it actually happen. Anither customer told me what happened but didnt get a plate number so im screwed. Wow if i would have caught the jerk, it could have been very ugly for him. And i also checked with all of the other retailers nearby, and of course no one has an outside surveilance camera. Ugh and major GRRRRRRRRRR.

Old 12-20-2014, 09:13 PM
Forum Regular
Question Re: Chrysler to Replace '05 Convertible Tops Under TSB - YAHOO!!

If you believe that ALL verifiable claims involving detached Roadster window/top replacement should be reimbursed by Chrysler; please inform AttorneyGeneral.CA.gov; Attn: M. Scott and share your opinion.
How many Roadsters were sold & how many have/had the identical defect???
There should be laws against arbitrary, unjustifiable restrictions such as State borders. Takata wants to restrict their airbag problem to select places as well. What is wrong with this picture???

NHTSA is deciding whether or not to open an investigation due to my petition; if not they must publish their reason in Federal Register (Official US GOVT). Still waiting as of 3-1-15.
NOT TOO LATE to make YOUR voice Heard at safercar.gov because a Detached Window IS a critical vehicle component; & IS a Safety related Defect requiring a remedy by the Manufacturer!

Last edited by lovecross; 03-01-2015 at 04:29 PM. Reason: UPDATE
Old 03-01-2015, 04:40 PM
Forum Regular

Please see UPDATE to my post of 12/20/14

Old 03-01-2015, 06:01 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lovecross
If you believe that ALL verifiable claims involving detached Roadster window/top replacement should be reimbursed by Chrysler; please inform AttorneyGeneral.CA.gov; Attn: M. Scott and share your opinion.
How many Roadsters were sold & how many have/had the identical defect???
There should be laws against arbitrary, unjustifiable restrictions such as State borders. Takata wants to restrict their airbag problem to select places as well. What is wrong with this picture???

NHTSA is deciding whether or not to open an investigation due to my petition; if not they must publish their reason in Federal Register (Official US GOVT). Still waiting as of 3-1-15.
NOT TOO LATE to make YOUR voice Heard at safercar.gov because a Detached Window IS a critical vehicle component; & IS a Safety related Defect requiring a remedy by the Manufacturer!
Chrysler did NOT publish their TSB & "Warranty Extension" in Sep/Oct, 2011 because they wanted to help owners; their purpose was to avoid a possible mandatory nationwide recall. Please visit safercar.gov to voice your opinion/file a complaint, many thanks!

Last edited by lovecross; 03-01-2015 at 06:06 PM.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:07 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lildaddym
Chrysler knows nothing about goodwill...
To All It May Concern: check safercar.gov & you will see they are going to decide to investigate, or not, the safety aspect of our window detachment. This is from NHTSA/ DOT (National Highway Traffic & Safety Administration) click on investigations. If you filed a complaint, thank you, you can file a "thank you" for looking into this also. They will decide if this is a safety related defect that is either reasonable OR Unreasonable, clearly an arbitrary decision. Offer your opinion now.
Chrysler will state: top warranty of 2011 was for customer satisfaction only; not safety related. NHTSA may agree that detached, fixed rear window with electric heated defrost, & potential flooding in vehicle, is somehow not an unreasonable risk to safety. LET THEM KNOW WHAT YOU THINK, please & thanks.

Last edited by lovecross; 04-27-2015 at 11:44 PM.
Old 05-16-2015, 01:28 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sjcrossfire
I purchased my 2005 Limited Roadster new from a dealer in Auburn, Washington in August, 2006. The dealer put it on a truck and shipped it to me in San Jose, California. It arrived in 3 days and only had 60 miles on odometer. So it was originally shipped to a Northwestern state, sold in a Northwestern state and reshipped to a west coast state when sold - never even driven in a Southeastern state.

Of course in February 2012 the adhesive around the rear window failed. I was one of the lucky ones, the service manager at Normandin's (the local Five Star dealership) was able to work with Chrysler and I got a new top for $200 installed.

Has anyone attempted Small Claims Court to get reimbursement from Chrysler for a new top? Most, not all, states have high enough limits that it would cover the cost of a new top. It would be car owner vs someone from Chrysler management, typically lawyers not allowed.

Just a thought.
Does anyone know, first hand, of a small claims case against Chrysler; besides our's?

Last edited by lovecross; 06-25-2015 at 10:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Chrysler to Replace '05 Convertible Tops Under TSB - YAHOO!!