Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Any 2006 convertible owners with rear window falling out problem?

Old 07-31-2012, 12:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Any 2006 convertible owners with rear window falling out problem?

My 06 rear window started coming loose at the sides 4 weeks ago. Now the whole bottom came loose ! called chrysler, said they never heard of it happening. Same thing at dealer ! Any suggestions???

Old 08-04-2012, 07:13 AM
JPA

Sorry for taking so long ,but was on a job had to finish it . Here is the phone # i called 855-525-5085... now remember you do have a fight on your hands and don't back down. if they do agree to fix it first they will tell you its a 1000,00 copay if you don't like that then ask for a superviser you might have to ask for several. i got them down to 200.00 by sticking to my guns. also let them know that this is an on going problem with the tops and it' a safty issue with the tops coming unglued.IF you would like all the NHTSA reports that i have send me a fax # and i will send them to you cause there are [7, 2006 reports , 11, 2005 , and mine for 2007 ]

Old 08-04-2012, 02:30 PM

did your warranty have anything to do with getting the top fixed? ps. i did send you a private message about my temporary fix

Old 08-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Smile Re: Any 2006 convertible owners with rear window falling out problem?

Dear Janaiy,

I actually just joined so I could respond to you. I have an 06 in which the glass just started pulling away from the top. Both sides are totally ripped away and working on the bottom portion. I am in the process of dealing with Chrysler Corp. It shouldn't matter if this is an 06. They extended the warranty to the 05 because of this problem. Although ours is an 06 it was made in 05 but still should not matter. Fact is it is the same issue all around. Also if you notice....they used some form of glue when in actuality it should have been a weather bearing epoxy. Epoxy is what is used on the front windshield so no clue why they used a glue on the back when you don't have a solid frame like the front. Usually an upholstery shop is where you would take it for the repairs and I was told 300-500 for it. The glass guy told me it would be fixed with an epoxy. I don't know my outcome yet but I will fight tooth and nail for them to fix this on going problem that the convertibles have...hope I was some help

Old 08-05-2012, 09:54 PM

I have an 06 too, check it almost everyday. Still no breakaway yet! I think you are correct on time that they were built. It should not make any difference when it was made or where it was delivered. The only way it could make a difference is if they used a different material to hold the glass, but that is not the case as best as I can tell.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:32 PM

After contacting Chrysler to check on the Extended Warranty I visited the dealer and they ordered the top. They said the last one took about three weeks.
they said the system indicated over 200 on back order. After a Month I started a case report with Chrysler and they responded. It may arrive some time in October.

Good luck

Bob

Old 08-09-2012, 02:56 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JPA
I have a 2007 with the same problem taking it to the dealeer today to see what there going to do about it . I was told that I have to pay for dionastic part so far. we'll see if they stand behind product

Did you buy the Crossfire with a basic warnintee or did you buy it used as a second owner? I have a 2007 and my window seems great, but the car came through Cailfornia and not the south. I also keep the top down most of the time.What that means no window is shaken as you buzz down the highway.

Kj

Old 08-09-2012, 08:40 PM

I bought the car in May. It now has 49,000 miles on it. I live in north georgia and when summer hit I started having the window problem. Temporary fix was sewing in a piece of 50 mil tinted vinyl ! looks pretty good and keeps the rain out. Plus it cant fall out.

Old 08-10-2012, 02:25 PM

I have a black 2006 Limited roadster with 43,000 miles, I bought it as certified used car in 2008 with 14k and don't have any problems now but i am glad I think I'm glad sprung for the extra $2,000 fro the extended guarantee which covers me thru Chrysler till Dec 2014 or 80,000 which ever comes first. . I was afraid of a big ticket expense like the conv top you mentioned. Has anyone used the extended guarantee thru Chrysler?

Old 08-10-2012, 02:35 PM

Not yet. Fngers crossed !!

Old 08-11-2012, 07:59 PM
JPA

To answer Kj question , I purchased the 2007 car new , i bought the car while i was in Vegas. It is a aero blue limted and it is one of the best sport cars i've owned.I just recieved my notice that my top is in so monday it will get a new top installed . So my advice to all the Roadsters is fight with Chrysler and don't take no for an answer.If anyone needs any of the info that i have , I will send it to them. I thank this forum for all the help and surport in this endeavor on getting my top replaced.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:02 AM
JPA

Crossfire 09 No my car is out of warrenty , I have 98000 miles on it . I get my car back on thursday so i'll see what kind of job they did and when i get home i'll give it the water test to make sure it does not leak.... So Napelton Chrysler of Palm Beach will get my praise or condemnation on there work.

Last edited by JPA; 08-15-2012 at 08:12 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by JPA
yes it took me two monthes of sticking to my guns to get them to replace my top on a 2007 . It cost me $200.00 goodwill payment but it was well worth it . if you keep fighting with all the info you can get they will give in to you . EVERYONE must contact NTSB and file a complaint about the top . Mine unglued at 70mph and i'm lucky it did not detach from the car or someone would of been killed.I fought my way to a superviser before they gave in. I have all complaints from the NTSB and there is another 2006 that filed a report. So you must and everyone else must this way in numbers we will win this problem......
I have an 06 with the rear window that fell out, Talked to the dealer and was told no warranty. I bought the extended warranty and it lists the top as covered but Chrysler is saying No. Can you tell me more as to how you got yours covered, What extended warranty did you buy and how you went about it. Thanks

Old 09-07-2012, 08:48 AM

I just tried using the warranty and it states the convertible top in the list of items covered BUT I talked to my dealer and David at 855-525-5085 Extension # 4720334 after about a week of back and forth, David said sorry, NOT COVERED. Only 2005's I keep reading on here that 06 and 07's are being covered, We all need to FIGHT for there defective tops. I have had gm's and ford's and never had to replace a top from a window falling out. Anyone that can guide the rest of us please post a response to this and Thank You!!

Old 09-07-2012, 09:28 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

jsut so i understand..... if not under warranty there is no recall for ficing this on a 2005 srt6

Old 09-07-2012, 09:30 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

again with better spelling...... just so i understand..... if not still covered by warranty there is no recall to fix this on a 2005 srt6. car has a little more than 50k on it...thanks

Old 09-07-2012, 10:05 AM
Forum Regular

If you have a maxicare warranty on your 06, I would think the top is covered. Forum members please chime in if you have more info.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:18 PM
Forum Regular

Am I getting this correctly? The warranty says it's covered but Chrysler says no. Who's warranty is it? Why the discrepancy?

Old 09-07-2012, 04:40 PM
JPA

This is not a warranty item, this is a safty defect. You will have a big fight with Chrysler to replace the top. It took me two months to get them to replace it , but it was worth the fight my top looks better than when I bought the car new. My 07 looks sweet now You must report it to the NTSB as a defect so more data can be compiled against Chrysler's defect. I am the only 07 on their database as a safety defect , mine came out at 70 miles per hour and thats how i put the info to the NTSB. Your not going to win with the dealer you have to go to Chrysler direct and fight with them. I have all the NTSB reports from when i pulled them for my fight, if you need the phone # for Chrysler or any of the reports message me and i'll email or fax them to anyone that wants them.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:07 AM

When I bought my Certified used Crossfire from the dealer I bought the DaimlerChryslerService Contract that I was told covers all listed items and Covertible Top is listed. I did buy Maximum Care. The Whole Enchalata! I have talked to David at the Chrysler Corp who told me even thou the convertable top is listed it is NOT covered!. Wonder why the American Car companies cant keep customers? I do think the right approach is the SAFETY ISSUE. "JPA" hit the nail on the head, THank You, JPA. This looks like an accident waiting to happen. I am switching my pursuit to the SAFETY Issue of the window blowing out at 70mph and hurting or killing someone.

Quick Reply: Any 2006 convertible owners with rear window falling out problem?