Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Any 2006 convertible owners with rear window falling out problem?

Old 09-09-2012, 07:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Any 2006 convertible owners with rear window falling out problem?

Good Luck, I bought my cert used in 05 on an 06 and the rear window fell out last month, I am still covered time and miles wise but David at 855-525-5085 X 4720334 representing Chrysler said the top is NOT covered under the Maximum care, it is a figment of my imagimation that it is listed under covered items. U might think about getting your 2 grand back so you can buy a top when not if the window falls out. Yes I am pissed. Sorry.

Old 09-09-2012, 11:54 AM
Forum Regular

I find this very interesting "I have talked to David at the Chrysler Corp who told me even thou the convertable top is listed it is NOT covered!." WTF is David? Get it in writing.

I'm no lawyer but when is a contract not a contract?

Old 09-10-2012, 10:45 AM
JPA

Chrysler knows this part is defective, thats why there only covering the people that fight them the hardest. I went above there rep to a supervisor to finally get my top replaced.It cost me $200. copay for the top , but at $3500. for a new top it was a no brainer to pay $200. I can't tell you more to report this to the NTSB as a Safty Defect in your cars. Because it is a safty defect. When a window fallls out of any vehcile while your driving or parked is a safty issue. I under stand all the anger , as i have gone through this too. On your exteded warranties that would be a legal question to be answered by a lawyer, You should see if there is one on this Forum that might answer that or maybe be willing to take on a case for all us roadsters owners on this Forum... I WISH....

Old 09-17-2012, 10:54 AM

Should we, as the "Crossfire Forum" collectively not be able to enlist ALL Crossfire Convertable Owners, whether having problems/Had Problems OR prospective Future problems with these Rear Windows, create a list of Current Owners, and submit a block complaint to Chrysler, Even threatening if need be, to go to the National Media and taking Legal Action. The complaint could cover, any past repairs not done satifactorily to owners satisfaction, covered/not covered by warantee Etc.. I have myself been subject in the past with this Window problem, BUT I was one of the lucky ones, and had no problems receiving restitution, for a job I had already personaly undertaken, with a local upholster, who did a fantastic job.
Maybe just a few dollars from each owner, would suffice to do this, the threat of Media Coverage, I think would frighten the S*** out of them, IF LEGALLY allowed.
Just a thought. ??? This possibility MAY have been aired before, but I am almost Fed-Up with hearing of Members problems with this issue. At this point in time I am having no problems with my top BUT ????

Old 04-15-2015, 11:39 AM

No, but I have an 08 with the problem. No help at all from Chrysler but I'm not giving up.

Old 04-15-2015, 12:02 PM

I guess when Chrysler was bought from Mercedes-Benz, the new owners threw this convertible top problem under the bus. I really love the car but the top is a constant worry. Mine is an '06 purchased new in '07 and yes, my local Chrysler dealer that sold me the car new, turned me down when my window started coming loose. They offered me a replacement top for $3000. but threw in a warning that the same thing would probably happen eventually because nothing was changed in the manufacturing process. Being that my top was in perfect condition since I really didn't have it down often, I decided to fix it myself and so far, I'm happy with the results.

Old 04-15-2015, 03:32 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Send a PM to maxcichon, he got a replacement top which he and I installed that has the rear window sewn in with a double pocket thus eliminating any future problems.
Seems like he said it was somewhere around $1100 .

Old 04-15-2015, 07:27 PM

sewing it in sounds like the best solution............but what puzzles me is that this is not something new to the auto industry,
you would have thought they'd have the solution to this many years ago.

Old 09-22-2015, 01:15 PM

I know most of these posts are old, but did Chrysler ever fess up to their problem with the convertible window falling out. I have a 2006, all the dealer did was send me to the local upholstery company.

Old 09-22-2015, 03:01 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Bassi
I know most of these posts are old, but did Chrysler ever fess up to their problem with the convertible window falling out. I have a 2006, all the dealer did was send me to the local upholstery company.
No, and they never will.

Old 09-25-2015, 04:39 PM

Well, I haven't driven the car in over a year. I took it out of the garage today to wash it. After the wash, the rear glass fell out of the top. Since mine is on 2007 and is not covered under the warrenty, I was wondering if anyone in the Houston area has gotten their top replaced and if they can recommend a shop to get the top replaced.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Hangman
Well, I haven't driven the car in over a year. I took it out of the garage today to wash it. After the wash, the rear glass fell out of the top. Since mine is on 2007 and is not covered under the warrenty, I was wondering if anyone in the Houston area has gotten their top replaced and if they can recommend a shop to get the top replaced.
I used a company called "Stitches" 1308 Highway 6 South, approx. 1-1/2 miles south of Interstate 10. Tel 281-558-8572, Owners name is Joel. Did a fantastic job on my Crossfire top. I think he told me some 2 years ago, that he could replace JUST the glass for approx. $600. The cost however involves the removal of the top from the car to undertake this task, hence the price. The replacement top complete cost approx. $1600 then BUT now ????Phone and ask. Would definitely recommend his work, his price ????
Hope this helps

Old 09-25-2015, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by TerryR
I used a company called "Stitches" 1308 Highway 6 South, approx. 1-1/2 miles south of Interstate 10. Tel 281-558-8572, Owners name is Joel. Did a fantastic job on my Crossfire top. I think he told me some 2 years ago, that he could replace JUST the glass for approx. $600. The cost however involves the removal of the top from the car to undertake this task, hence the price. The replacement top complete cost approx. $1600 then BUT now ????Phone and ask. Would definitely recommend his work, his price ????
Hope this helps
Terry, thank you so much for this info. I'll give him a call in the morning.

Old 09-29-2015, 08:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok , XFIRE OWNERS. DON'T SPEND YOUR MONEY ON FIXING IT ON YOUR OWN , FIGHT WITH CHRYSLER TO GET THE TOP REPLACED. ITS A SAFETY HAZARD AND THE MEDIA LOVES THOSE SCANDALS.
THEY WILL REPLACE IT. CHRYSLER DOES NOT NEED THAT KIND OF PUBBLICITY.
My 2006 Top got replaced in Summer 2012. I paid $500 out of my pockets. And I did not had to fight for it. 2005 or 06 or 07 doesn't matter. The Top is faulty!!

Old 09-30-2015, 10:55 AM
Administrator
Received 885 Likes on 689 Posts

There is a wonderful DIY fix for the glass on this very forum. And if you do'nt want to do it yourself, simply pay a 'handy' person to do it for you. It takes maybe 2 hours - at today's rates, I'd say that's worth $150-$200.

If the top is not bad, why replace it?

As to fighting Chrysler, given the recent ruling that they are not obligated to repair due to a window, I'm not so sure you are going to get all that far fighting a company over a car that is coming up on 10 years old. Yes, I know it sucks.

Old 09-30-2015, 11:07 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Repaired the window for a Tulsa local.. this was my second one after doing mine.. 3 hours involved.. including chit chat distractions.. $50 bucks in supplies for mine.. and plenty left over to make this a freebie for the "local's" repair

Old 10-02-2015, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Repaired the window for a Tulsa local.. this was my second one after doing mine.. 3 hours involved.. including chit chat distractions.. $50 bucks in supplies for mine.. and plenty left over to make this a freebie for the "local's" repair

Top Repair - YouTube
Can you list what the materials you used to do this fix. The primer and the sealent, what are they?

Thanks,

Old 11-06-2015, 06:35 PM

The window on my Crossfire has started coming out. I reviewed the postings and contacted Joe Richardson at Eastwood about the window rebonding kit they use to make. What a super guy!! He returned my call, told me they don't have the kit anymore and then gave me the material list and instruction for the repair!! THANKS JOE!!

Joe said you can contact him at 610-705-5462 if you need help!! Thanks again Joe, wonderful to find you and we appreciate your help!!

A Brinson

Old 11-07-2015, 08:54 AM
Forum Regular
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Did Chryslers' window warranty replacement campaign on our cars end? I was of the understanding that if it was a car originally sold in Florida and had never been replaced, that they would replace it. The guy I bought my SSB Roadster from had his replaced only 2 years ago under the warranty and gave me the spare glass which I have on a shelf. You may want to look at where the dealership was that originally sold the car and hope that it was Florida. Someone please correct me if I am mistaken....Peace

Old 11-07-2015, 10:10 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fla_Xfire_SRT
Did Chryslers' window warranty replacement campaign on our cars end? I was of the understanding that if it was a car originally sold in Florida and had never been replaced, that they would replace it. The guy I bought my SSB Roadster from had his replaced only 2 years ago under the warranty and gave me the spare glass which I have on a shelf. You may want to look at where the dealership was that originally sold the car and hope that it was Florida. Someone please correct me if I am mistaken....Peace
Ala_xfire these are the qualifications for factory replacement under warranty, you need to call Chrysler corporate and give them your VIN number and mileage, if your crossfire is 10 years or less and under 100,000 miles and has the right Vin number they will authorize replacement at no cost, after I got confirmation from corporate I went to the Chrysler dealer in my town and they replace the whole top at no cost, I just made it under the wire timewise , I have a 2005 alabaster white rag top, I hope this helps. PS, no you don't have to be the original owner.

Quick Reply: Any 2006 convertible owners with rear window falling out problem?