Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Roadster rear window TSB - Rev "A"

Old 09-23-2012, 03:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Roadster rear window TSB - Rev "A"

Originally Posted by danielcool
I'm new to the forum. I have a 2005 Xfire covertable, blue, 16,600 miles. Having problems with lowering and raiising the top. Very surprized to see there isa TSB on the top rear window adhesive. Prety sure i qualify for the new top - its a2005 and has less than 100K miles.

The top won't go down nor will the rear of the top latch down. I have made sure the top compartment in the trunk is in the correct position, rear deck lid is closed, windows are down and there is power. The motor hums for about 5 seconds then quits with no up or down action. Thanks
There is a whole thread on top problems, but I would suspect that you have a switch over the passenger side window that is bad, just guessing from the little information you provided. Do a search for the thread...I have a video on manually raising/lowering the top...

Old 09-24-2012, 09:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I took the car into the dealer and made inquiry about the rear window adhesive problem. Of course the dealer couldn't locate the TSB so i called Chrysler service and they opened a ticket on it. I'm to hear back tomorrow.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:08 PM

I just called my dealer here in Jacksonville, NC about my rear window coming unglued and they wouldn't even talk to me without contacting Chrysler first. I called Chrysler and talked to a service rep who took my information. He said that the TSB Rev A didn't exist as far as he knew from looking in his database. Should get a call tomorrow from them on what they are going to do about it. I'll keep you all posted.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:01 PM

Hate that Chrysler is constantly saying they've never heard of the TSB Rev.A...

Old 09-26-2012, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by lildaddym
Hate that Chrysler is constantly saying they've never heard of the TSB Rev.A...
Exactly, I'm sure someone didn't just make this up. . .As well as the warranty upgrade + state upgrade with it. If so, someone has a sick sense of humor. Haha

Didn't get a call today, but I did receive an e-mail saying that someone has taken my inquiry and is investigating for answers and will call me within 1 business day.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:43 AM
Smile Re: Roadster rear window TSB - Rev "A"

Thanks to those who pointed me in the right direction! My 05 Crossfire roadster is at the dealer. They are replacing the bow switch to correct the malfunctioning top lower and raise issue. When i took it in for repairs (after i had discussed the rear window adhesive issue with the dealer and had contacted Chrysler) I provided the dealer with a copy of the TSBs. Later in the day I recieved a call from the dealer's service rep and he said that Chrysler is replacing the top. The bow switch will cost me $100 deductable. I agreed to pay an expediting fee of $55 to have the top shipped from Chrysler. thanks again for the help.

Dan

Old 09-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Forum Regular

Where is the bow switch located?

Old 09-27-2012, 06:50 PM
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

After two weeks of phone calls back and forth to Chrysler, they authorized the replacement of our roadster top and are covering it at 100% of the cost. The Chrysler Dealer in Marietta GA actually has 3 SRT6 Certified Techs on staff and have experience in changing these tops out in their shop. Dropped car off this morning, top was already there, pick Her up on Friday!

I was actually surprised that I didn't get any crap at all from the Chrysler "Case Worker" . It only took les than two weeks from notification of galss separation until the car was in the shop.

Kudos Chrysler for standing tall for this defective product. I'd blame it on Mercedes if I were Chrysler....

Lars

Old 09-27-2012, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by No1Bobo
I brought my 05 Limited to Westbury JCP in New York this morning armed with the TSB info. I got a call by early afternoon that the top is, in fact, covered, and that they have already placed an order for the top, which should take 5 days to receive, at no out of pocket expense to me. I also brought it for 2 minor issues; the trunk latch does not usually function on the 1st or 2nd attempt, and the heat/AC vents seem to always emit, albeit very slight, some sort of conditioned air. They said they cannot replicate the latch issue and that it is normal to experience some sort of air leakage from the vents at all times because it is not a complete seal. Has or does anyone else experienced this issue?
I will report back once the top has been installed.
Thanks for all the great info on the subject of the top!
I got my baby back today. It looks great. I have to have the rear window re-tinted...but I cannot complain. I asked my service advisor for a copy of the TSB. She said the mechanics use a different system than they have, and that she asked the mechanic - who said they have no way to print it out. I have a PDF of the invoice that clearly shows that it was repaired at no charge under the TSB, but I do not know how to attach it to this comment. You can email me and I will send it to you.
This may be a link to the invoice - https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7Z...XU5RUNMU0dGUU0

Last edited by No1Bobo; 09-27-2012 at 09:30 PM. Reason: added link to invoice
Old 09-27-2012, 07:30 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Message in your in box!

Old 09-27-2012, 08:19 PM

You have a PM!

Old 09-28-2012, 07:49 PM

Got the 05 Roadster back from the dealer today. lildaddym was right, bow switch was bad. Chrysler service called this morning and said that dealer couldn't find anything wrong with rear window so they are now not going to replace the top. They did say it is covered until 2015 or 100K miles.

05 Crossfire roadster
71 Opel GT
10 Altima 2.5SL
98 ford pickup
99 lincoln TC

Old 10-01-2012, 08:55 PM

No1Bobo I would like a copy of your invoice also! :-D im suck of dealing with this issue.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:49 PM

Ok, so I have gotten the "your car is not covered in the X31 extended warranty" line too many times. Chrysler refuses to help me with this issue. Not even with a co-pay.

I was also denied the ability to talk with a supervisor, which made me extremely unhappy.

Anyway, I just got done filing a complaint with the BBB and NHTSA. I'm tired of arguing with Chrysler about something that is obviously a vehicle defect and not common wear and tear.

*end of rant*

Old 10-19-2012, 11:54 PM

I can tell you that my experience shows that the BBB won't be able to help...

Old 10-25-2012, 11:21 PM

Bought my 200 roadster 2 months ago. Have window seperation on side of top about 3 inches long. ShouldI expect this to increase in seperation? Will Chrysler do anything about it? Thanks, Jim

Old 10-25-2012, 11:21 PM

2005 sorry

Old 10-25-2012, 11:23 PM

@Jim...there is another thread related to this...it seems that the variables are mileage, VIN, location car was initially stocked, NOT sold. There is much variation in decision-making at Chrysler...

Old 10-25-2012, 11:57 PM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by Larskeller

Kudos Chrysler for standing tall for this defective product. I'd blame it on Mercedes if I were Chrysler....

Lars
You can blame it on poor design by the designer of the top. The glass should have been in a supporting pocket and sealed, not just glued in place.

Old 10-26-2012, 03:56 PM

Well this Jim again. I spoke with my local Ohio Chrysler dealer and he was very helpful and told me yes there is a 10 yr and 100,000 mile extended warranty (2303511 rev A) but could not find it listed under my VIN. I called Chrysler and they checked when mine was built and where shipped to. I do not qualify for Chrsler warranty because of the 2 previous stated reasons. I will likely try the "3M window weld" as the convertible upulstry shop said that is the best. For safety reasons he will not do it. Any more guidance is appreciated. Jim

Quick Reply: Roadster rear window TSB - Rev "A"