Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Help! My Crossfire Roadster won't start!

Old 11-10-2012, 02:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Help! My Crossfire Roadster won't start!

OK, picked up the car today and the lovely new SKREEM is installed and the car is working. I spoke to the service manager and told him I needed to know the core charge on the old module because I wanted to keep the old part. He could not find a core charge listed anywhere. At that point I ensured him I was aware that the part is then mine unless he was picking up the cost of the repair. I have this little 3x3x3/4 inch box in my clutches. Total cost about $550 TTL.

One side note, after replacing the SKREEM the car started but was running VERY rough, throwing multiple codes for misfire and others (per dealer - P0202, P0206, P0306, P0300, P0135, P0412, P2009). The problem was traced to dirty connectors in the C2 and C3 plugs to the PCM. Upon closer inspection, it appears to have been corrosion build up and was actually visible white crust in the pin connectors. My theory is that the car sits so much that some corrosive gas from the battery was able to actually build up and permeate the case containing the PCM and RCM. After cleaning the connections with spray contact cleaner and a toothbrush, the car is running great. Suggest that everyone who puts up the car for the winter find out if it's AOK to remove the battery as you would with a boat or ensure there is ventilation to keep this from happening to them.

I'll be putting the analyzer on it tomorrow to validate.

Here's some useful info I got on another forum -

Case Number: S1108000127
Release Date: 8/16/2011
Symptom/Vehicle Issue:
No Start/No Crank. PCM has code 2071-08 present.
Discussion:
Vehicle may not crank or may only crank for a few seconds and not start. Code 2071 description
reads Start Enable Message from the SKREEM module not received by PCM. Check communication
status of SKREEM. If no response from SKREEM, check power and ground circuits to SKREEM
module. Load testing is preferred. If ok, check status of CAN bus. If other modules are
communicating, replace the SKREEM module.
NOTE: Replace the SKREEM only. It is NOT necessary to replace the PCM or

key when installing a new SKREEM.

Case Number:
S1208000005

Release Date:
01/05/2012

Symptom/Vehicle Issue:
No Start, No Crank; Code 2071-08 Or P2071 In PCM - Start Enable Message Not Sent
Discussion:
Check the Can C wiring circuits from the SKREEM to the PCM. Terminals and wiring should be
checked; Can C voltage should be 2.5v.There has been a few reported cases where the bus wiring
was damaged at the SKREEM module. Also review the B+ feed and the fused engine control relay
output at the PCM. There have been a few reported cases of relay control modules not supplying the
proper power feed to the PCM. Validation required at the PCM C5 connector, pins 3 and 9. Replace

the SKREEM module as needed.

Old 11-03-2015, 05:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear window falling out

Anyone have a suggestion about best after market method to repair or replace the rear window. I have a convertible ... the rear window began separating shortly after I purchased the car (used - 2005 with 30K) wouldn't you know.

Old 11-03-2015, 05:42 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

3M window weld has worked great for the last 5 months now.. as recommended by several..

Old 11-04-2015, 06:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vicki
OK, picked up the car today and the lovely new SKREEM is installed and the car is working. I spoke to the service manager and told him I needed to know the core charge on the old module because I wanted to keep the old part. He could not find a core charge listed anywhere. At that point I ensured him I was aware that the part is then mine unless he was picking up the cost of the repair. I have this little 3x3x3/4 inch box in my clutches. Total cost about $550 TTL.

One side note, after replacing the SKREEM the car started but was running VERY rough, throwing multiple codes for misfire and others (per dealer - P0202, P0206, P0306, P0300, P0135, P0412, P2009). The problem was traced to dirty connectors in the C2 and C3 plugs to the PCM. Upon closer inspection, it appears to have been corrosion build up and was actually visible white crust in the pin connectors. My theory is that the car sits so much that some corrosive gas from the battery was able to actually build up and permeate the case containing the PCM and RCM. After cleaning the connections with spray contact cleaner and a toothbrush, the car is running great. Suggest that everyone who puts up the car for the winter find out if it's AOK to remove the battery as you would with a boat or ensure there is ventilation to keep this from happening to them.

I'll be putting the analyzer on it tomorrow to validate.

Here's some useful info I got on another forum -

Case Number: S1108000127
Release Date: 8/16/2011
Symptom/Vehicle Issue:
No Start/No Crank. PCM has code 2071-08 present.
Discussion:
Vehicle may not crank or may only crank for a few seconds and not start. Code 2071 description
reads Start Enable Message from the SKREEM module not received by PCM. Check communication
status of SKREEM. If no response from SKREEM, check power and ground circuits to SKREEM
module. Load testing is preferred. If ok, check status of CAN bus. If other modules are
communicating, replace the SKREEM module.
NOTE: Replace the SKREEM only. It is NOT necessary to replace the PCM or
key when installing a new SKREEM.

Case Number:
S1208000005
Release Date:
01/05/2012
Symptom/Vehicle Issue:
No Start, No Crank; Code 2071-08 Or P2071 In PCM - Start Enable Message Not Sent
Discussion:
Check the Can C wiring circuits from the SKREEM to the PCM. Terminals and wiring should be
checked; Can C voltage should be 2.5v.There has been a few reported cases where the bus wiring
was damaged at the SKREEM module. Also review the B+ feed and the fused engine control relay
output at the PCM. There have been a few reported cases of relay control modules not supplying the
proper power feed to the PCM. Validation required at the PCM C5 connector, pins 3 and 9. Replace
the SKREEM module as needed.

I little tip regarding the battery terminals, before replacing battery terminals, coat the terminals with a thin coat of vaseline. Works wonders