Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

No High Beam

Old 06-01-2013, 11:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No High Beam

Hi, I an new and hope I have this question in the correct place.
I just purchased a 05 convertible, It does not have high beams, low beams ok.
I can use the passing position of switch and the high beams come on.
Is there a way to test the switch or is there a relay bad ?

Thanks,

Old 06-01-2013, 02:31 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: No High Beam

Originally Posted by vbk1
Hi, I an new and hope I have this question in the correct place.
I just purchased a 05 convertible, It does not have high beams, low beams ok.
I can use the passing position of switch and the high beams come on.
Is there a way to test the switch or is there a relay bad ?

Thanks,
check fuse 3 & 5 in the ICM, these are behind the coin operated removable panel at the left side of the dash that you can see with the door open.

ICM = Illumination Control Module, fancy name for the headlight switch assembly.

Old 06-01-2013, 02:44 PM

Thanks, I have checked all the fuses,
I guess I am trying to find out if there is a relay or how to test the switch in the car without pulling the steering wheel.
Thanks !

Old 06-01-2013, 02:54 PM

Thanks, I have checked all the fuses,
I guess I am trying to find out if there is a relay or how to test the switch in the car without pulling the steering wheel.
Thanks !
If there is a relay, it is internal to the ICM. The schematic shows a direct run from there to the bulb.

Old 06-01-2013, 03:02 PM

Thanks, Does the wires from the switch on the collum go directly to the headlamp switch? if so what color of wire ?

Thanks,

Old 06-01-2013, 03:13 PM

Thanks, Does the wires from the switch on the collum go directly to the headlamp switch? if so what color of wire ?

Thanks,
Please reference the link in my signature.
You are looking for :
2005_Crossfire_SRT6_Service_Manual.pdf
( it doesn't matter if yours is NOT an SRT6 )

Old 06-01-2013, 03:23 PM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts

Thanks,
As stated above you can download the Service Manual for 2004 which is good for the NA cars or the 2005 manual good for the SRT6 and NA cars. I find the 2004 easier to navigate when looking for specific parts as it has a better index, in my version at least.
Read what is available for down load and you'll be pleasantly amazed, parts lists, Service Manuals, Owners Manual etc. You'll be an expert in no time flat.
Go here.

Old 06-01-2013, 03:39 PM

Thanks,
I am downloading it now.

Thanks again

Old 12-23-2014, 09:27 PM

Thanks,
I am downloading it now.

Thanks again
I'm reviving this thread cause I don't want to make a new one if my question is the same issue.

I can't seem to keep the hi-beams on either, I'm not sure if its because I simply don't know how to turn them on, or I have a problem with my module as well. with lights on, and pulling the turn signal "lever"(whatever you want to call it) towards me, the hi-beams come on, but as soon as I let go, they go off. Can't seem to figure out how to turn them on and keep them on. Am I goofing and simply missing something or are they not working properly?

Old 12-23-2014, 10:37 PM

I think you will find that pulling the lighting stalk towerd the steering wheel is for "flashing" the lights (bright ones at that) and is spring loaded. and pressing the stalk away from the steering wheel switches the lights to the high beams and is not spring loaded.

Or am I being too simple concerning a complicated problem?

QUOTE=sstch2x;822431]I'm reviving this thread cause I don't want to make a new one if my question is the same issue.

I can't seem to keep the hi-beams on either, I'm not sure if its because I simply don't know how to turn them on, or I have a problem with my module as well. with lights on, and pulling the turn signal "lever"(whatever you want to call it) towards me, the hi-beams come on, but as soon as I let go, they go off. Can't seem to figure out how to turn them on and keep them on. Am I goofing and simply missing something or are they not working properly?[/QUOTE]

Old 12-24-2014, 08:44 AM

I think you will find that pulling the lighting stalk towerd the steering wheel is for "flashing" the lights (bright ones at that) and is spring loaded. and pressing the stalk away from the steering wheel switches the lights to the high beams and is not spring loaded.
No, I think that is a valid point. The American manufacturers have us trained to pull the stalk to turn on the highs, then pull it again to go back to low.
The Europeans do it differently, pull for flash highs, push for highs on.

Old 12-24-2014, 09:31 AM
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

" American manufacturers have us trained to pull the stalk to turn on the highs"

Not sure what cars you have but the stalk is for high/low/flash and not on/off. Also may have wipers and cruise.

My Reattae turn on with a button on the dash, Fiero with a rocker, XF and Jeep with a **** you turn and Judge has a **** you pull. Only commonality is all are on the left side of the dash.

ps have to be carefull withCrossie, have pulled to flash before and when let go it pops into high beam.

pps have had cars since the 60's and all that could you pulled to flash.

pps not saying I have had every possible car and most prior to this centrury were GM, Mazda, or Jaguars (no F*rds) so is possible some others have a rotary in the stalk, just have not seen one.

Last edited by Padgett; 12-24-2014 at 10:03 AM.
Old 12-24-2014, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
No, I think that is a valid point. The American manufacturers have us trained to pull the stalk to turn on the highs, then pull it again to go back to low.
The Europeans do it differently, pull for flash highs, push for highs on.
My 300 and Hyundai and I believe my LHS and Concorde are and were the same as the Crossfire.
Which is as shown in the photo.
I might add that if the car has OEM daytime running lights the high beams will not come on when pushing the lever forward until the light switch is turned to the headlight position.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
PLATE020 (800x379).jpg (244.5 KB, 110 views)
Old 12-24-2014, 12:16 PM

Dave, I didn't think I was going crazy. Just went back out to check the '02 Concorde Limited.
You pull easy to flash the high beams, you pull hard to switch from low/high/low.
There is NO movement to the front like the Crossfire.

Last edited by ala_xfire; 12-25-2014 at 08:34 AM.
Old 12-24-2014, 01:07 PM

Dave, I didn't think I was going crazy. Just went back out to check the '02 Concorde Limited.
You pull easy to flash the high beams, you pull hard to switch from low/high/low.
They is NO movement to the front like the Crossfire.
I stand corrected then, I should have looked at the shop manuals I have for my old '93 Concorde. The 300 was like the Crossfire as I looked at the Owners Manual.
You still have an '02 Concorde, my '07 300 was unreliable and fit for scrap at 75,000 miles.
I had every conceivable problem with that Concorde, all fixed under warranty or at $20/hour labor and cost plus 10% on parts. Same went for the '95 LHS, but I liked the Concorde best, both 3.2 engines and a so so tranny.

Old 12-24-2014, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I stand corrected then, I should have looked at the shop manuals I have for my old '93 Concorde. The 300 was like the Crossfire as I looked at the Owners Manual.
You still have an '02 Concorde, my '07 300 was unreliable and fit for scrap at 75,000 miles.
I had every conceivable problem with that Concorde, all fixed under warranty or at $20/hour labor and cost plus 10% on parts. Same went for the '95 LHS, but I liked the Concorde best, both 3.2 engines and a so so tranny.
Mine has the 3.5 250 HP engine, and the only issue I have had ( now at 65,000) miles is the A/C leaking down. I have to tried to find/fix the leak myself, guess I'll have to take it to an expert.
( I replaced the timing belt, idlers and water pump and serpentine belt, but just cause I thought it wise )

Old 12-24-2014, 03:42 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine has the 3.5 250 HP engine, and the only issue I have had ( now at 65,000) miles is the A/C leaking down. I have to tried to find/fix the leak myself, guess I'll have to take it to an expert.
( I replaced the timing belt, idlers and water pump and serpentine belt, but just cause I thought it wise )

I put 100K miles on my 95' LHS in my 4 years of ownership then I had to dump it because the warranty ran out. Good luck finding the leaks in the A/C. Mine was two condensers, one evaporator, one compressor. POS was in the shop for A/C and many other issues more than I could take.

Last edited by SparkieSRT6; 12-24-2014 at 06:17 PM.
Old 12-24-2014, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by rustyscheuer

QUOTE=sstch2x;822431]I'm reviving this thread cause I don't want to make a new one if my question is the same issue.

I can't seem to keep the hi-beams on either, I'm not sure if its because I simply don't know how to turn them on, or I have a problem with my module as well. with lights on, and pulling the turn signal "lever"(whatever you want to call it) towards me, the hi-beams come on, but as soon as I let go, they go off. Can't seem to figure out how to turn them on and keep them on. Am I goofing and simply missing something or are they not working properly?
[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I figured it out earlier today by accident. I was afraid they were messed up but mine work fine