Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Keeping Her

Old 11-17-2013, 10:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Keeping Her

Despite all the bad karma I can't part with the car. I missed out on the Black SRT Roadster so I am keeping the 08 Roadster. I put her away for the winter about 3 weeks ago and miss her already. As you may recall I had to take her to a detailer because of the white mist that blew off the overpass. They were able to clay and buff the car removing all the "paint or whatever" that blew onto it. Unfortunately I picked the wrong detailer. You can see everywhere they buffed and there is wax all over trim parts and the black tape where the top seals. Fortunately I have contacted Orion Detailing in Toronto who have assured me they can put her right. An opening has come available, their waiting list can be as long as 3 months at times, but I have to wait for a clear day to bring her out of storage. I am an hour and a half from Toronto so am hoping for a clear day in the next couple of weeks. Lets hope things go my way this time.

Old 11-17-2013, 11:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Keeping Her

Glad you decided to keep her...they're getting harder to come by...

Old 11-19-2013, 07:44 PM

Thanks, I guess I was just getting freaked out by all the bad karma. Brought the car out of storage and drove it to Toronto today, took the train home. 2-3 days I should have it back. I hope its Wednesday night or Thursday because after that the weather turns nasty and I would have to wait almost another week for a clear day to bring it home or get it trailered. Paint should be like glass when it's done based on the pictures of other cars he's buffed and detailed.

When you say rarer, how rare? I have read here that only 2000 were made for 2008 but exactly how many black roadsters with 2 tone grey leather interior for 2008 for Canada ? Although I missed out on the 2005 SRT Roadster I am still going to watch for an 05 or 06 Black SRT Roadster here in Canada, yes I do want a Canadian one but how many SRT's of that type were shipped to Canada? I guess I am going to have to break into the piggy bank if one comes up for sale as I am keeping the 08. My wife thinks I am an idiot and way too **** about the car, what can I say? Women, no sense of humor

Old 11-19-2013, 09:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know there is a thread that has all the production numbers...and my wife is almost as **** about the car as I am...in fact, she wants a second one!

Old 11-20-2013, 10:10 PM
Administrator
Received 878 Likes on 684 Posts

There are some Wiki pages that talk about numbers and over on Facebook at the Crossfire Owners Page there is a thread about SRT numbers.

Anyway, I once had two Roadsters and sold one. I STRONGLY advise anyone to NOT sell theirs, I mean, values today are down so you won't get what you have in it - and if you can afford to have a fun car (that many of us don't drive often) - what is the harm to having something that putts a smile on your face?

Old 11-22-2013, 10:14 PM

Heard from the detailer today, he's had it since Tuesday. Texted me to ask why the roof won't go down, I forgot to put the door up in the trunk. Everything is going well he says and I have told him to go ahead with the Opti2.0 coating when he is done. I hope I don't regret it. Has anyone else had this product put on their vehicle? He says it should be done on Sunday but it looks like the weather is going to be nasty!!
I suspect it will be at least Thursday before I can bring it home on dry roads.