Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

OEM Crossfire Roadster Car Cover

Old 01-11-2014, 07:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry OEM Crossfire Roadster Car Cover

Best place to purchase/order OEM car cover for my limited roadster, anybody?. Car is being stored this winter at my parents house in the garage. Checked on the car today, first time in 3 weeks, found a critter had got in. From the paw and claw marks looks like a chipmunk or squirrel has been on the car. The animal had slide down the hood and the trunk. There is a huge scratch down the bumper. I am hoping since I had the OPTI2 coating applied before I put it away the damage will be minimal. Found bird seed and animal scat on the frame beside the motor. Have sealed the room my car is in and installed one of those sonic rodent repellents. I also put more bounce sheets on the floor and a few moth ***** around the room. Little light in room so I am dreading when I bring it out into the sunlight to see the extent of the scratches. My own fault for not getting a cover sooner!

Old 01-11-2014, 08:36 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: OEM Crossfire Roadster Car Cover

Mine is stored in a shed, here in Vt. Last year, I used something called "Shake Away". You spread it around the car, and it keeps rodents away. I also use the mothballs in the shed, and in the engine bay, poison bait around the car too. This year, I'm using used cat litter spread around the outside of the shed. So far, so good. Also, steel wool in the exh pipes is a good idea. Don't want anything chewing on our babies.

Till you get a cover, I would just throw some blankets on it,...better than nothing.

Old 04-15-2014, 06:53 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Sticky boards along the walls where the little ba$tards like to run.

Old 04-18-2014, 05:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Our Crossfire is kept outdoors with a cover on it. I have an old cover that is no longer good for outdoor use (it spent a couple of years in the Florida sunshine and I hand re-stiched a few seams - it's not pretty), but would be fine for a dust cover in a garage. You are welcome to it if you want it (you pay me back for the postage when you can). If you want it, PM me with your address).

New covers suitable for outdoor use are fairly pricey. I went through Cabelas for my latest cover.

Cabelas Coverking car covers