Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Storage Bag behind seats

Old 09-29-2014, 08:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Storage Bag behind seats

When I purchased my 2006 Crossfire Convertible the bag behind the seats was broken. I tried to find a used bag from various junk yards; however, all of the bags were missing from their vehicles. I purchased a new bag from Chrysler (Retail $143.00 for that cheap looking bag). They discounted the bag for me and I had to pay $110.00 (so much for a big discount). The dealer received the bag in a huge sealed box in about a week. We took it out of the box and the plastic that the bag attaches to was broken. Chrysler order a second bag and that bag was not only broken, the plastic was severely warped. I am waiting for the third bag to arrive. Chrysler said they will have the third bag checked at the warehouse before they ship it. I called Chrysler customer service and explained the problem to them. They want me to wait for the third bag to arrive. If it too is broken, I am curious as to what Chrysler is going to do. I keep my car looking like new and I do not want to repair the broken bag unless I have to.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Storage Bag behind seats

great chrysler service & pricing !!! enough said !!!

Old 09-30-2014, 10:46 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Try custom wheels at CarID.. You'll hug and kiss your Chrysler dealer..

To Elaborate..

Even though your 25 days past your delivery date.. here's another 125 bucks so we can get them and get tires mounted in time for the dragon.

Next day they pick them up and inspect per the order...

Supposed to have polished barrels.. that's the "lips" inside and outside the wheels.. 3pc wheel.. We get a phone call.. Oh.. we painted the inner barrel black.. we can send them back.. we sent you a picture of the wheels.. "you send them back.. we won't get them in time.. we can live with the black.. lemme pull up the picture"..

Okay.. we can live with that..

The area where they all bolt together is called registers.. news to me.. and never discussed how we would like that area.. Polished or black.. I sent them a photo shop picture of how we wanted them to look.. you have all sorts of color design options with the wheels..

Well the registers are polished.. "okay we can send them back".. Great.. now we won't have our new wheels for our trip.. thanks a bunch.. Feel free to return that expedited shipping fee...

That was Fridays fun.. Monday afternoon.. another phone call.. "Since we didn't specify the black registers.. we can pay $180 per wheel if we want them black." REALLY NOW.. you never asked how we wanted them.. you never even brought up "registers".. "You said the wheel on our website"... "yeah.. the 704 series on your website" I sent you a picture of what we wanted.. "well you can't tell from that picture.. it's such poor quality".. um..hold on and let me pull that back up on my computer... "you can't tell?? you would have to be 3/4 blind not to see those registers are black!"... (now I'm majorly pissed) Oh.. I don't have it in front of me.. but you didn't specify .. bottom line...

Well then okay... tell you what you do.. decide whether you want to pay for polishing the inner barrels 'per the order' or pay for having the registers painted black and ship them! And you might try expediting that expedition fee refund while your at it! "Click"...

I guess in another 30 days or so now we'll get to see what choice they made.. Here's the pic where you can't tell it's black at the registers..

Last edited by Mrmiata; 09-30-2014 at 11:17 AM.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My local Chrysler dealer just got in the third storage bag and it too is broken and severely warped. I called Chrysler Customer Service again and I am waiting for a return call. Customer service said they will get back to me within two or three days. I will keep you posted. The workers at the Chrysler warehouse must not care about their customers. If I worked in the warehouse and got two returns on broken and warped storage bags, I sure as hell would make sure that the next bag I ship to the dealer is not broken or warped. Where is the quality control?

Old 10-03-2014, 06:16 AM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

The car has been out of production for 7 years, they don't care anymore (not that I think they ever did)