Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

'07 convertible top

Old 10-03-2014, 05:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '07 convertible top

My top seems to becoming loose where the bottom of cloth fits into the weather strip
also there is three little metal clips kind of showing so the tops kind of curls up.
New member just bought 07 xfire
any info what is going on with top and is this a easy fix .
Thanxz in advance

Old 10-04-2014, 07:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 07 convertible top

I would take it to a professional and have an assessment done to see how much it would cost to fix it. I would not mess around with something that could cost up to $3000 to have fixed by making a boo boo.

Old 12-18-2014, 07:53 PM
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Re: '07 convertible top

I have a 2007 roadster that does the same thing. The little square metal retainer clips on the bottom of the top, below the rear window, that go into the groove on the back of the bottom bow would pull out. I did find that the rubber seal sewn into the back of the top material along the bottom has a flap that can get pushed into the bow grove along with the clips and wouldn’t hold. I made sure when I pushed the top clips back into the grove to make sure the rubber seal flap was not pushed into the groove as well. The roadster is not a daily driver. When I take it out, and I take the top down, and later put it back up, I would apply pressure to that area to push it back into the grove in case it came loose. It has not completely pulled out again. That’s been sufficient for me. If it was more of a problem I was thinking about bending the clip corners more to better catch in the bow grove.

I was thinking maybe the top was shrinking. I had that with my Sebring convertible. The cloth was shrinking and pulling the sewn seams apart. I found I was able to adjust the top bows down to release the overall tension on the top which stopped it from pulling apart

Last edited by Toolman; 12-19-2014 at 06:50 PM.