Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Everything Dead

Old 10-26-2014, 03:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Everything Dead

Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply or offer a suggestion. Unfortunately, I'm not very savvy with electrical stuff or even batteries, but I am convinced I need to have the battery checked and probably replaced.

What struck me as strange about this is that I was driving the car more than usual when it died all of a sudden. The first three years I had the car I was living in Western Oregon where it rains 9 months out of the year. Now I live in Central Oregon where the sun shines ten months out of the year and I drive the car much more than I used to.

Plus in the past when the battery was low I would still get some lights or at least an attempt to crank the starter. This seems like something different in that everything is completely dead.

I will have the battery checked tomorrow and post the results for anyone interested.

Thanks again for all your suggestions.
Ron

Old 10-26-2014, 03:35 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ronduffy@bendbroadband
Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply or offer a suggestion. Unfortunately, I'm not very savvy with electrical stuff or even batteries, but I am convinced I need to have the battery checked and probably replaced.

What struck me as strange about this is that I was driving the car more than usual when it died all of a sudden. The first three years I had the car I was living in Western Oregon where it rains 9 months out of the year. Now I live in Central Oregon where the sun shines ten months out of the year and I drive the car much more than I used to.

Plus in the past when the battery was low I would still get some lights or at least an attempt to crank the starter. This seems like something different in that everything is completely dead.

I will have the battery checked tomorrow and post the results for anyone interested.

Ron
WE only respond to what you can describe. No start, no crank can also be relay control problems, but you will have other power. You described absolutely no power. Meaning dead battery or a complete disconnect to the battery. So, if there is any other power, look at the RCM.

Old 10-31-2014, 11:40 PM
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ronduffy@bendbroadband

Ron
What did you ever find out?

Old 11-05-2014, 09:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My problem was a dead battery. Even though I have experienced this problem before, I was surprised because the symptoms seemed different in several ways.

The one-year old battery was deader than dead, but it took a charge just fine and seems to be as good as new. I decided to disconnect it for the winter and put a battery tender on it.

I want to thank everyone who took time to offer an opinion. You guys are great. It turns out the tire dealer (Les Schwab) where I bought the battery, checked and charged if for free, so I got off extremely cheap on something I was thinking was going to be very expensive.

Thanks again,

Ron

Old 11-06-2014, 10:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have always had good luck with battery tender jr !!!! I have 4 different cars & bikes on them now !!! Never had a problem !!!! Bought many other brands & they die for me !!!!!

Old 08-14-2023, 06:11 PM
Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Stall, wont' start now

My 2005 Limited Roadster died yesterday while driving to a near by appointment. After sitting for about five minutes, I was able to get it to start again. It turns over with vigor, but will not run. I have tried a dozen times today to get it to start, but no luck. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated since it is my daily driver.

Last edited by pizzaguy; 08-14-2023 at 06:33 PM.
Old 08-14-2023, 06:32 PM
Administrator
Received 884 Likes on 689 Posts
Default Stall, wont' start now

That is not really enough information for a diagnosis, but you either have no ignition or no fuel injection. ANd if the crank sensor went out, you have neither.

WHen you turn the key "ON" you should hear the fuel pump for a few seconds from under the car, faint sound, but you can usually hear it if you try. If you do not hear it, consider yanking the cover off the fuel pump relay, have a friend turn the key to on, three relays will close, then in 5 seconds, one will open. If you do not see THREE relays close, order a new RCM or send yours to DJ for rebuilding.

If you hear the pump run, I'd measure fuel pressure (you will have pressure only for about 5 seconds after turning key ON if the engine does not start).

Also,
Plug a code reader into it and read codes, if you have any P035x codes (x is any number) order a Crank Sensor and put it in. Buying one locally is a waste of time.
If you have pressure, there are a lot of suspects and the crank sensor CAN be the issue even without a code. BUT, the crank sensor usually heals when cooled off, so I doubt that's it.

Crank Sensor:
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/mer...Lw_wcB#fitment

After sitting for about five minutes, I was able to get it to start again. It turns over with vigor, but will not run.

Everything I posted is a guess, as I try to read thru your confusing post. You got it to start but it will not run? HUH? That is like saying "it won't start but it starts".

Last edited by pizzaguy; 08-14-2023 at 06:35 PM.