Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

English Roadster style tonneau cover - sorta

Old 11-20-2014, 05:02 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: English Roadster style tonneau cover - sorta

I think we are talking about two different covers here. A tonneau would have snaps or fasteners so you could undo part of the cover to gain access to the drivers area and actually drive the car with the rest of the cover in tact. The covercraft is just a cover, like covering your motorcycle.... You aren't going to drive it...

Old 11-21-2014, 04:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered one of those covers from Auto Anything and I'm interested in how it fits and I'll let you know when I get it.

Old 05-02-2016, 01:58 PM
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Dissuaded by niether the challenge nor lack of shared interest, I have kept at this.

Last week Tuesday Morning featured a new improved version of my tonneau. The quality of material is first rate and it is in black with just a small, easy to cover Animal Planet logo. The dimensions are 55" X 57". It features four adjustable straps and is heavily water resistant. Product number is AP0036-blk. Full retail is $20, offered for $10.

Not perfection but an inexpensive fully functional cheap compromise that does its job very well.

Last edited by MiamiTVR; 05-02-2016 at 02:02 PM.
Old 05-02-2016, 05:34 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

What about California Pop Top: capoptop.com

It has been listed on the forum before.

Old 05-02-2016, 05:50 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
I think we are talking about two different covers here. A tonneau would have snaps or fasteners so you could undo part of the cover to gain access to the drivers area and actually drive the car with the rest of the cover in tact. The covercraft is just a cover, like covering your motorcycle.... You aren't going to drive it...
Plus one on that thought.
I guess you could cut a hole in the part tha covers the windshield, get under the cover and drive. Not too sure how far you would get before you were pulled over though.
Tonneau covers have one big drawback, driving with half the car covered in the rain leads to water getting channeled to the open area were the driver is, all zipped up and a nice puddle forms in it and this leaks through and soaks the inside. It looks sporty but ........
Adding the snaps is a tricky thing to do and hardly worth the effort. Velcro would look like crap.
This is an idea whose time has not come and never will.

Old 05-02-2016, 09:15 PM
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

We have different concerns here. My car has been in the rain maybe four times since I have owned it counting this last Dragon Run.

What I sought and this cover delivers is protection not when the car is in motion but when it is parked without wearing out all those motors involved with raising and lowering the top.

My suede is covered whenever this car is not moving. Yes, you could buy a neater California top. I am sure it will likely work as well. Or, you could buy seven of these for the same money.