Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Spoiler is stuck in up position

Old 03-18-2015, 10:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spoiler is stuck in up position

Hi, I just bought a used 2005 crossfire troday and on my ride home the spoiler came up. I thought it was kool at first, until I discovered that it won't go down and, my top won't come down now also... I hear an alarm every time I press the top down button. I have heard of manually bringing the spoiler down but I do not know how to do it. I don't even know where to begin...no manual. Any help will be appreciated.

Old 03-19-2015, 01:23 AM
Default Re: Spoiler is stuck in up position

go to the main FORUM page of this site...then down to C-I-C-C-I (Crossfire International Car Club Inc) >>CICCI Technical Documentation Collection >>Crossfire Technical Documentation Collection >> Crossfire Technical documentation there you will find manual for you car. Save it to your desktop...it will come in handy SO SO many times. A lot of times when things start to go "quirky" on a Crossfire it needs a battery. Like the spoiler going up...windows not going down...gremlins....The battery in our cars is VERY important...search this site for the best kind to get...don't scrimp on a battery...best of luck with your car! I've had my 2005 base coupe for 9 years and have 154,000 miles on him...I love my car as much as I did the day I bought it!

Last edited by Bloo Ize; 04-02-2015 at 04:27 PM.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:48 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pepegraves
I have heard of manually bringing the spoiler down but I do not know how to do it. I don't even know where to begin...no manual. Any help will be appreciated.
Here is the link that should help you get your spoiler down. Of course a good battery is probably your problem.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tuck-open.html

Old 03-19-2015, 06:31 PM

Thanks guys, I got it. I didnt know you had to press and hold...Newbie blues

Old 03-23-2015, 10:15 PM
Administrator
Received 880 Likes on 686 Posts

I'd like to add my two cents about batteries. First, Bloo is right, these cars will give you FITS at times over the battery.

But I don't buy a "Good" (expensive) battery. When I got my car in 2010, I bought it a nice, new $88 battery. Oh, sure, it met the CCA specs - but it was the cheapest I could find. WHY?

Because most of us buy the most expensive, best one out there - then feel compelled to "get out money's worth from it". And due to that, we end up stranded by a bad, old battery. I buy the cheapest that meets specs and change it every 3-4 years. I do NOT wait for it to let me down - and trust me, sometimes it goes farther than the spoiler acting weird. SOMETIMES, funny stuff happens and we spend $250 on diagnostics that go no where. THEN we change the battery and the problems go away - all for the price of a damn battery.

Just my two cents......

Hey, what was wrong with the top not working?