Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Which module is it, help

Old 04-11-2015, 01:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which module is it, help

Well, I have indications that seem to point in different modules, My wife drove the Crossfire to work and everything was fine. She left work and noticed on the way home that she had a bunch of idiot lights on. The

Brake wear indicator light
TPMS light
Check engine light
Brake light
ABS light
BAS/ESP light

Also the spoiler is in the deployed position with the light on the switch flashing, the top will not lower, probably due to the spoiler, also she has no speedometer, odometer and the cruise control will not work. I bought the Ultra-gauge and connected it and it gave me a P0600 code which says not communicating with the "powertrain control module". I have also seen comments that lead to the "CAB" (controller anti-lock brake), I think another was the ABS module. Has anyone else seen these symptoms and an actual fix. I do not really trust the local Chrysler dealership. and these modules are about $1500 each list, $900 mail order, except the powertrain control module which I have not been able to find listed. Any input/help would be appreciated

Old 04-11-2015, 02:45 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Which module is it, help

Before I went looking for trouble, I'd put a new battery in.
Classic symptoms of a battery going bad.

Old 04-11-2015, 04:38 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I said I would never do this again...but our resident expert is missing. The first place I would look is in the trunk area, second place to look is under the passenger floor board. I would check for moisture in these two areas. If everything is dry and no problems there, then we can think about modules and sensors. As mentioned about, low voltage can cause all kinds of problems as well, but you didn't mention any problems with starting or such...

Old 04-11-2015, 04:55 PM
Cool Re: Which module is it, help

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
Before I went looking for trouble, I'd put a new battery in.
Classic symptoms of a battery going bad.
Well, you were correct we had a bad battery, but the symptoms are still there.

Old 04-11-2015, 04:57 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Have you reset all the codes ?

Old 04-11-2015, 04:58 PM

The trunk is dry along with the inside of the passengers side, we replaced the big module in the bottom of the trunk i think it is the locking module, a couple of years back after the rear window collapsed during days of rain, we now keep it in the main part of the trunk in a plastic box to keep it dry

Old 04-11-2015, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
Have you reset all the codes ?
Yes we reset the P0600 code which is PCM Serial Communication Link Malfunction, and while driving it keeps coming in per the ultra-gage which i hoped would at least give us speed, but does not. the car has no starting problems.

Old 04-11-2015, 06:08 PM

ABS/CAB unit comes to mind. Usually can pick those up on ebay or someone parting a car out for under $100....

Old 04-11-2015, 06:17 PM

Well I just tried the reset by disconnecting the battery for 2 hours. The lights were out when i started it up, but then they came back on. I was thinking the cab, is the abs the same as the cab unit?

Old 04-11-2015, 06:19 PM

There is an ABS PUMP on ebay is that the abs/cab?

Old 04-11-2015, 06:52 PM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

Check the simple things first is my motto.

Brake wear indicator light
Check that brake pad(s) are not worn.

TPMS light

Make sure the air pressure in each tire is OK

Brake light
Make sure the fluid is OK and the hand brake is completely off.

ABS light
?

BAS/ESP light

?

CEL

?

Old 04-12-2015, 11:34 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking Re: Which module is it, help

cab is usually the controller of the antilock brake system, i.e. ABS.. Iam fighting this in a durango and its the cab which on ebay there is a supplier that rebuilds them in a day for about 89$ and gurantees them for life, Iam using that to fix mine.

ABS goofs up the speed, speed control, traction control, and can also do the esp also. Id look on ebay it is the deal for me, I dont wanna buy an 80,000 mile unit out of a another car.

Enjoy, Woody

Old 04-12-2015, 12:09 PM

I will assume you have done the obvious and went thru the fuse box to make sure nothing blown or corroded enough not to be making contact as well as making sure all connections are good and clean as well to each of the modules and sensors mentioned. Chasing electrical is a nightmare and hard to answer on here. We have to assume so much, it's hard to give you the right info the first time. But, what I mentioned gives you that code. Good luck, I am out of it now that you have help.

Old 04-12-2015, 12:29 PM

Thanks, I ordered an ABS pump off of Ebay, i will try it, and yes i have checked the fuses, connections and what i think of as the easy fixes, if anyone has other suggestions, please let me know, and i will try them, i have not been able to disconnect the connector to the abs/cab as yet i do not want to break it. There was another thread from last year, so i figured i would see if anyone else had run into this unique set of symptons as they had the same things show up but appear to have sold it without fixing it, i was unable to find a used part on ebay and did not want to throw $1000 at it and find out it was not the solution, i will try this $142 part. $142 is not so bad as $1000.

Old 04-12-2015, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by skarlet
Thanks, I ordered an ABS pump off of Ebay, i will try it, and yes i have checked the fuses, connections and what i think of as the easy fixes, if anyone has other suggestions, please let me know, and i will try them, i have not been able to disconnect the connector to the abs/cab as yet i do not want to break it. There was another thread from last year, so i figured i would see if anyone else had run into this unique set of symptons as they had the same things show up but appear to have sold it without fixing it, i was unable to find a used part on ebay and did not want to throw $1000 at it and find out it was not the solution, i will try this $142 part. $142 is not so bad as $1000.
Good luck. It's a ***** to trace down all the possibilities for sure. Given the code and the lights, that's my best guest. Hope it works.

Old 04-21-2015, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by skarlet
Keep me updated. I got same exact symptoms as you and about to order a used abs pump on eBay.

Old 04-21-2015, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Cubanfisher
Keep me updated. I got same exact symptoms as you and about to order a used abs pump on eBay.
I am out of town and will not be instaling it till May 6. I am hoping this takes care of it

Old 04-22-2015, 06:28 PM

Oh darn I guess I'll find out before you I just placed the order on eBay for used one with 35,000 miles I'll post what I find thanks

Old 04-28-2015, 01:18 PM

Well I got home early and replaced the ABS pump and the symptoms are still there, now I have not bled the brakes yet due to the weather, so that may be all that she needs, i am hoping, but not feeling good about it. trouble code 0600 still in.

Old 05-01-2015, 01:49 AM

Bled them yet? Waiting for update lol

Quick Reply: Which module is it, help