Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

NHTSA To review window issue.

Old 03-28-2016, 09:19 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: NHTSA To review window issue.

Originally Posted by srt6-xfire
Sorry for the long delay the top including shipping was 1,200. I tried putting on top 2 weeks ago with another friend that has already replaced his top. top was slide on and all the rivets and moldings were installed per instructions I got from crossfire manual. Everything was going well until we tried to close top.
We wanted to see how top looked before we wrapped front of top around. The rear bow was almost down and the top stopped and switch started flashing fast. I like a moron pushed on the bow so it latched into tanou cover, and that's were I'm at. Top will not open or complete the close process, and now I can't get into truck due to top cycle. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I do not have a DBIII scanner to read codes and DBII scanner does not give me any error codes. Looks like I may be taking it to a convertible top place after all.
OK top is on and working finally, I had to take car to dealership. after they scanned car they had to replace convertible top module and hydraulic latch, $2,100 later top is working and I finished replacement.

So in conclusion the top I ordered was fine. The other parts just happened to break at the same time, which was not due to replacement of top. So if you get the fast flashing light on top switch it will cost you to fix, 1,300 for part which you can find cheaper, and 800 to install. I hope this post helps.