Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Anyone in Houston area fix top

Old 06-26-2015, 07:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone in Houston area fix top

Top not working, light blinking in console. Windows do not go down when top is released. Tired of trying to diagnose. Looking for someone to take it to that knows about this top. Husband is going to buy Z4 if we can't get this top fixed!

Old 06-27-2015, 01:19 AM
Default Re: Anyone in Houston area fix top

It is probably the interlock in the trunk where the partition is located. I live in Houston too. I live in NWest area. Where are you located. May be able to take a look if you like if you have time tomorrow morning. I have to do my safety inspection tomorrow . I am going to try and get that done about 9am,so let me know. If you are close, and it is what I think, could have it working in a minute or so! Cell is 281-635-0869

Old 06-27-2015, 09:21 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

First thing to check if the windows don't go down upon top release is the switch inside the windshield header that is actuated by one of the "D" handle locking pawls.
( the one on the drivers side, IIRC )
This switch is NOT inside the top assembly, it is in the header above the windshield.
This switch senses that you have turned the "D" handle to unlock.
Only after you have unlatched the top from the header and let it go up away from the windshield frame does the CTCM look at the top raised and divider switches.

Old 06-27-2015, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by dtinker
It is probably the interlock in the trunk where the partition is located. I live in Houston too. I live in NWest area. Where are you located. May be able to take a look if you like if you have time tomorrow morning. I have to do my safety inspection tomorrow . I am going to try and get that done about 9am,so let me know. If you are close, and it is what I think, could have it working in a minute or so! Cell is 281-635-0869

Thanks for the offer. I live outside Houston area. Thought someone may have used a mechanic in the area to get their top fixed. I have been through all the steps to check trunk switches, header switches and everything in between that has been mentioned in other threads. Been to local Chrysler dealer, all they could do was look dumbfounded.

Old 06-27-2015, 11:26 AM

I am running very late this morning. I have had the same problem before and it was the partiction switch in the trunk. It can look like it is in correctly but is not.
I am going to get mine inspected today and drive around some. would not mined meeting you and your husband. I'm going out 290 toward Hempstead and eat lunch at the Thirsty Parrot off 359. If you live in the WEst, don't mind taking a look at the top.Have you checked the switches with a volt-ohm meter, what about fuses?
There are some very sharp guys on the Forum, you may want to check some conertible top problems that have happened to others over the last few years and see if there fixes will solve your problem.
David Tinker

Last edited by dtinker; 06-27-2015 at 11:31 AM. Reason: other thoughts
Old 07-06-2015, 02:47 PM

I'm having the same situation. Light blinking in console. Windows won't go down when opening the top. Now when I put the top down manually, the light goes out in the console but it won't come up. I can hear the pump trying to work (have plenty of fluid in the tank). Then I manually put the top back up, I think my windows were going down when I tried to put it down but then my top get stuck. Then I have to take the fuse out to release the pressure. I think the dealership I've taken it to is trying to price rape me. I've already paid for a control module and they still don't know what's wrong. Probably didn't even need it.