Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Les needs help

Old 06-30-2015, 12:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Les needs help

Hi everyone, I own a 2005 model Crossfire roadster. Wonderful car!!!!! I live over here in England but want to export my car to Spain. All legalities sorted. What I am struggling with is obtaining a set of LHD headlamp assemblies to convert my RHD for continental use. Does anyone out there have a set to sell or any advice on a conversion kit to convert for LHD driving. Any help would be most appreciated. If anyone is looking to export a crossfire to England, perhaps a swap might be possible. I'll try anything once !!!!
Cheers all, best regards, Les Smith. My email is:- lesasmith@live.co.uk. Looking forward to hearing from someone.

Old 06-30-2015, 02:33 PM
Administrator
Received 883 Likes on 688 Posts
Default Re: Les needs help

Are you trying to be funny?
What the hell difference would there be in headlights between a left hand and right hand drive car? ???????????????????????????????????????????????

Seldom has a post here roused my curiosity like yours has.

Old 06-30-2015, 03:51 PM

Hi Pizza Guy,
In England when driving on the left, the headlamps dip to the left with a beam cut off into the roadside. When in Europe, and driving on the right, the headlamps dip to the left with the beam cut off to the left roadside. If one drives a left dipping car when driving on the right, the beam cut off is to the center of the road, thus blinding on coming traffic. Perhaps as most drivers in the USA only drive on the right, the headlamps are to a different spec with no beam cut off on cars produced for the USA market. Obviously, that being the case, no American headlamp will suffice in mainland Europe, so I am wasting mine and everyone else's time. I wont ask again. Thanks for your comments and help.

Old 06-30-2015, 03:53 PM

Pizza Guy,
Sorry I mean in Europe when driving on the right the beam dips to the right. Slip pf the finger, apoplogies.
Les.

Old 06-30-2015, 03:54 PM
Administrator

WOW, that is a BIG difference between here and there. The aim of our lights is the same on both sides of the car.
There is simply no difference between the two.

Old 06-30-2015, 03:56 PM
Administrator

There are a LOT of UK guys on the Facebook page "Chrysler Crossfire Owners" - you might try over there.
Mo Perry in on most every day, or so it seems....

Old 06-30-2015, 04:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I first learned of this on an episode of Wheeler Dealer, but the headlights they were swapping out were not the projector style like the Crossfire. They were more similar to the old sealed beam style. Would this right/left aim thing apply to the projectors?

Old 07-01-2015, 04:40 PM
Received 374 Likes on 324 Posts

Cars driven on the right side of the road have their lights aimed to the right and down so as to not blind oncoming traffic. Those who drive on the other side have the opposite, for the same reason. I am not sure if there is a difference in the part numbers, and if so (if) it might just be how they are adjusted from the supplier. They (the lamp holders in the assemblies) do 'swing' with adjustments, I have never tried to 'realign' them for driving on the opposite side of the road. So, those who have a parts listing, are the RHD/LHD assemblies different in part numbers, and if so, can they be 're-aimed' if moved/registered in a country opposite its design? Now I understand why many military folks deployed chose to just buy a clunker when overseas for a year.

Old 07-01-2015, 05:38 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
Cars driven on the right side of the road have their lights aimed to the right and down so as to not blind oncoming traffic. Those who drive on the other side have the opposite, for the same reason. I am not sure if there is a difference in the part numbers, and if so (if) it might just be how they are adjusted from the supplier. They (the lamp holders in the assemblies) do 'swing' with adjustments, I have never tried to 'realign' them for driving on the opposite side of the road. So, those who have a parts listing, are the RHD/LHD assemblies different in part numbers, and if so, can they be 're-aimed' if moved/registered in a country opposite its design? Now I understand why many military folks deployed chose to just buy a clunker when overseas for a year.
The headlight assemblies ARE different for LHD & RHD cars, see attached.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Capture.JPG (143.0 KB, 22 views)
Old 07-02-2015, 10:31 PM
Received 374 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
The headlight assemblies ARE different for LHD & RHD cars, see attached.

Iffin you have any doubt, just ask George! He's DA MAN! Thanks George!