Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Drivers and Passenger Seat Replacement

Old 07-18-2015, 12:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drivers and Passenger Seat Replacement

Hello people. My question is; does anyone know if the Driver and Passenger seat backs are the same when it comes to the area where the backs are attached to the bottom seating . I'm wanting to replace my drivers seat (Back) due to wear. Don't want to have it covered ; I'd rather have original material. I found a back online which is in excellent condition; only problem is , its a back for the passenger side. Does anyone know if this passenger side back will fit the bottom of the drivers side seat ? Hoping for an assuring response. Thanks.

Old 07-19-2015, 06:27 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Drivers and Passenger Seat Replacement

There is a thread here where someone did just that. Looked but cant find it. I remember on the thread there must be a difference of some type because they have different part numbers. I think on the srt the headrests lean a little different.

Old 07-19-2015, 07:15 PM

Thanks for the info. This is for a Limited. The picture I see if the back looks identical . I just not sure if the bolts fit the same. The thread that you saw; do you remember if the person was able to use a passenger back for the drivers? Thanks

Old 07-28-2015, 08:12 PM

I remember reading the same thread. Someone was wanting to swap the seat backs to even out the wear, but I believe the headrests are either clocked inbound or leaning inbound. I am sure it would bolt to the lower portion, but I don't know if your seating position would change and I am sure it would not be centered correctly.

I believe they had a comparison picture of the seat backs side by side and there was a significant difference.

Hope that helps - I was wanting to do the same thing but apparently it is not to be.