Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Exhaust upgrade?

Old 09-21-2015, 01:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust upgrade?

Ive had my 2005 Base Roaster a few years now, I'm interested in giving its engine a bit of a tougher sound. Can anyone recommend a good exhaust system that wont look too ugly on my beautiful Roadster? Or anything else which might improve my engines sound?

Old 09-22-2015, 08:28 PM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Exhaust upgrade?

Originally Posted by cuziamninja
Ive had my 2005 Base Roaster a few years now, I'm interested in giving its engine a bit of a tougher sound. Can anyone recommend a good exhaust system that wont look too ugly on my beautiful Roadster? Or anything else which might improve my engines sound?
I don't know if my reply went through earlier. SO >>> I will send it again. I went through all kinds of exhaust up grades per say. I did the muffler delete thing. After that, hated it, cut in a Cherry bomb muffler. That helped. Still not happy. NOW, I am into this thing for close to $500. I have two friends that have the Borla cat back system BUT, it has a resonator in the system keeping it kind of quiet as far as I'm concerned. I had been checking out all sorts of systems on YouTube and heard one clip of a MagnaFlow cat back system (no resonator) I thought it sounded "AWESOME" So I found a guy who sold me the system for $572. shipped. NOW I am into this for over $1000. Wish I had gotten the MagnaFlow in the beginning. It sounds, to me anyway GREAT. Do you home work but check out the MagnaFlow.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:05 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 448 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill T.
I don't know if my reply went through earlier. SO >>> I will send it again. I went through all kinds of exhaust up grades per say. I did the muffler delete thing. After that, hated it, cut in a Cherry bomb muffler. That helped. Still not happy. NOW, I am into this thing for close to $500. I have two friends that have the Borla cat back system BUT, it has a resonator in the system keeping it kind of quiet as far as I'm concerned. I had been checking out all sorts of systems on YouTube and heard one clip of a MagnaFlow cat back system (no resonator) I thought it sounded "AWESOME"

So I found a guy who sold me the system for $572. shipped.
Wish I had gotten the MagnaFlow in the beginning.
It sounds, to me anyway GREAT.
Do you home work but check out the MagnaFlow
Magnaflow Catback for sure - click >> MagnaFlow Catback Exhaust System
Looks great and sounds great made of full stainless steel and requires no custom installation
Just a clean bolt on set up
Contact Rob at Neewswings.com for a forum member price quote
You can also send Rob a PM here...click >>
NeedsWings

Rob is a respected forum member and an aftermarket product manufacturer as well as a retail outlet for Magnaflow
Have this on my car (seen here) and would not go with anything else

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
2.JPG (125.9 KB, 681 views)
File Type: jpg
4.JPG (114.0 KB, 710 views)

Last edited by Valk; 09-22-2015 at 10:07 PM.
Old 10-04-2015, 01:58 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think there is much power to be had with the exhaust. I've been looking at it for my next mod not knowing what Rob's log headers may do for power. One problem on a V6 is the uneven exhaust pulses Placing an x-pipe as close to the engine is helpful there. I am going to use a Magnaflow TRU X-pipe muffler where the rear cats are. I'll have the front cats removed and pipes welded in their place with a set of PYPES cats meant for forced induction motors to go in when needed. Using mostly the stock pipes I will remove the resonator and use a Borla Pro XS out back as Borla's do not drone but they are as loud as the rest. I may even put a 4" round perforated muffler inline somewhere if I need to get it quieter than the 2 mufflers will do. I have noticed that the guys with cutouts gain very little, under 7-8 HP if they have a good exhaust system from the cats back already which shows the good system is giving some power as I think I read the cutouts were good for power in the mid teens. Should Rob's headers make 15whp+ I will add them to the system. Running 42% more boost than stock should make that much more spent gasses to be removed. Hopeful at this point anyways
PS: I got the magnaflow and like the design very much. As much an x-pipe as a straight thru muffler.

Old 10-04-2015, 09:38 PM
Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

thank you for the picture Gary, yes, the magnaflow is a very nice catback with some beautiful sound/tips

Old 10-05-2015, 10:39 AM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NeedsWings
thank you for the picture Gary, yes, the magnaflow is a very nice catback with some beautiful sound/tips
"AMEN" to that Rob.