Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

2005 SRT6 Roadster Top Issue - opinion wanted

Old 12-16-2015, 08:36 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2005 SRT6 Roadster Top Issue - opinion wanted

My rear window separated about four months ago and the car sat until I just yesterday used the 3M primer and adhesive to repair the window issue, on the good side, it seems to have been a success.

On the bad side, the top will not operate up or down, if you release the windshield header latch the windows go down, but that's it.. top button is lit and just beeps. If you manually stow the top, then the button just beeps and won't operate up..

The battery had died in the car and had to be charged to get it started.

The switch in the header latch must be good since the windows go down.
I can hear the switch click above passenger head, so it must not be fallen apart.
- would that switch effect going up or only down?
I have messed with the divider in the trunk ad infinitum..

Thing is, there had been no problem with the top at all prior to the window separating, discovered the issue when I tried to start putting the top down to do the window repair..

No other issues that I see, so hopefully not the body control module..

It is sitting with the negative battery terminal disconnected at the moment hoping for a hail mary..

Barring that, probably faulty top control module?

Old 12-17-2015, 12:37 AM
JSK
Received 104 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Re: 2005 SRT6 Roadster Top Issue - opinion wanted

I think I would make sure the battery is fully charged and in good condition before I tore into it too deep.

Old 12-17-2015, 05:17 PM
Administrator
Received 883 Likes on 688 Posts

The top module only goes bad (in my experience) if water has been allowed to leak in and pool in the driver's side rear wheel area - where the TCM and pump are.

Both the top open switch and the divider switch must close, they are wired in series, to apply a ground to the input on the TCM to enable top operation. Given the number of switch failures we've seen, I'd verify that both switches are closing by measuring the voltage on the pin at the TCM - you willl need the service manual's wiring diagrams, the service manual can be downloaded from this board under "Crossfire Documentation Collection" in one of the technical areas.

IF you can HEAR the top open switch (bionic ears?) closing, then surely you can hear the electric lock activate in the trunk. So, when you hit the button do you hear hte cam go "whirrrr" for about 3/4 of a second, indicating that the lock is activating? Because that lock won't activate unless the two switches above are working.

Other than that, make sure hte trunk lid is FULLY closed, as an indication of a trunk lid not fully closed also stops the top.

Old 12-17-2015, 06:46 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
IF you can HEAR the top open switch (bionic ears?) closing, then surely you can hear the electric lock activate in the trunk. So, when you hit the button do you hear hte cam go "whirrrr" for about 3/4 of a second, indicating that the lock is activating? Because that lock won't activate unless the two switches above are working.
Well, I hear the lever switch click when you raise the top away from the header, the same click I hear when the divider is lifted up in the trunk. It does not activated the electric lock in the trunk, I know the sound you are referring to there.. it doesn't do anything other than beep once both windows roll down