Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Crossfire shifter assembly

Old 12-19-2015, 08:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Crossfire shifter assembly

I need to replace my shifter assembly in my '06 convertible. Does anyone know of a video showing how to replace this? If no video is there a narrative on how to do this? Thanks in advance. This site has been tremendous in helping to solve many problems. Thank you all for your input and contribution!!

Old 12-19-2015, 08:58 PM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts
Default Re: Crossfire shifter assembly

Originally Posted by Rjono
I need to replace my shifter assembly in my '06 convertible. Does anyone know of a video showing how to replace this? If no video is there a narrative on how to do this? Thanks in advance. This site has been tremendous in helping to solve many problems. Thank you all for your input and contribution!!
Instructions can be found in the Service Manual HERE CLICK.

Old 12-20-2015, 10:15 AM
Received 197 Likes on 151 Posts

on e-bay there are some for sale, auto and std shift.

Old 12-20-2015, 11:48 AM

180 as always you are full of help, thank you!!

Old 12-21-2015, 12:06 PM

I had a tire sensor replaced at Pep Boys but they were unable to reset the computer so my warning light stays on. Rather than removing the wire to eliminate the warning, does anyone know where I can go to get the computer reset- other than the dealership?

Old 12-21-2015, 12:22 PM
JSK
Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

I think a search is in order for you.

Old 12-25-2015, 06:44 AM

The shifter has a selector position potentiometer in a black box on the side, its connected to the main shifter pcb via a small black jumper cable, if you have to unplug this for any reason make sure you plug it back in whilst the shifter is in your hands as its easy to bend a pin with the shifter in situe and this would cause the gearbox ecu to loose the can bus line to it resulting in not knowing what position the shifter is in causing the car to go into limp mode,

Barks

Old 01-23-2018, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by barks
The shifter has a selector position potentiometer in a black box on the side, its connected to the main shifter pcb via a small black jumper cable, if you have to unplug this for any reason make sure you plug it back in whilst the shifter is in your hands as its easy to bend a pin with the shifter in situe and this would cause the gearbox ecu to loose the can bus line to it resulting in not knowing what position the shifter is in causing the car to go into limp mode,

Barks
My crossfire is showing a block form in the indicator. Should be showing a P. This is causing it not to start. Could replacing the shift assembly solve my problem? There are more than 20 on eBay. Is this a frequent problem for the crossfire? Too many questions! It’s at the 3rd dealer currently. Might be hauled for scrap if they can’t fix. Have almost 1000.00 in towing bills.

Old 01-23-2018, 09:32 PM
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

When mine got wet it would start just fine, just needed a rod to get out of park and would not shift. Black box in indicator even with key on. Need to see what codes are set.

Old 01-23-2018, 09:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually, when you open the door , the dash gears up showing the milage an so forth. The block as you say, stays that way until you start the car. That's when you see the "P". Was the car doing this when you bought it? Yes, then other owner can tell you what happened an when. That will give you clues ,maybe, as to which direction to proceed. What codes are coming up? The dealer's should have given you a sheet ,telling what they did and what they found. That would help us get some direction. Don't junk it, offer it to someone here. Have you tried to put it in gear using the emergency release?

Edit : So the cars not even starting...forget the shifter !! It has to run to see a P in that box!!! What are the set codes... This is very important to us to help you.!!

Last edited by Steve Jr; 01-23-2018 at 09:45 PM.