Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Washer reservoir

Old 12-07-2016, 07:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Washer reservoir

Hi, I'm wondering if our XF washer reservoir is the same as the SLK Mercedes. Wondering so I that I can buy one from our local Merc dealer, as we don't have a Chrysler dealer in our city. Mine is leaking, although I haven't had a look why yet. Thanks in advance. 😃

Old 12-07-2016, 07:54 PM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts
Default Re: Washer reservoir

Originally Posted by exocet
Hi, I'm wondering if our XF washer reservoir is the same as the SLK Mercedes. Wondering so I that I can buy one from our local Merc dealer, as we don't have a Chrysler dealer in our city. Mine is leaking, although I haven't had a look why yet. Thanks in advance. ��
You cannot fill these units until you see the fluid in the filling hole. They have an open top and it flows out of it when there is four litres of fluid in the tank.
They can also crack around the area that supports the weight of them. There is a thread describing the problem and the solution. Go to the link in my signature, it is the second one down in the BODY section.

Last edited by onehundred80; 12-07-2016 at 07:57 PM.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:24 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Our's leaked at the pump seat area and later; at the lower front end, as I recall. I repaired the "bottle" leak using a hot glue gun, other attempts at gluing would not adhere to the plastic. Very careful heat application may work well in that case also. Frustrating but inexpensive repair. As 180 suggests, check the "list" for more info, good luck.

Last edited by lovecross; 12-09-2016 at 10:32 PM.
Old 12-13-2016, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by exocet
Hi, I'm wondering if our XF washer reservoir is the same as the SLK Mercedes. Wondering so I that I can buy one from our local Merc dealer, as we don't have a Chrysler dealer in our city. Mine is leaking, although I haven't had a look why yet. Thanks in advance. 😃
A couple of thoughts...

a) You can make your own by using a generic model as I did. I simply cut the mounting bracket off along with a bit of the side and affixed it to an old Porsche reservoir I had. It works like a charm.

b) There are new and used ones available on Aussie ebay: washer reservoir Crossfire | eBay

Old 01-19-2017, 05:04 AM

Thanks everyone, problem sorted, repaired old one, but will purchase new one. $90 AUD.