Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Dead SRT6 Control Module

Old 09-30-2006, 12:35 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dead SRT6 Control Module

Left work, keyless entry didn't work. Open door with key, alarm went off. Tried to start car, it kicked over but shut itself off. Tried other keyless, nothing. Had to have it towed to dealer. Dealer's computer wouldn't interact. They said one of 3 engine control modules bad. They don't know which one. Will update when final work complete...

Old 10-01-2006, 02:16 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Dead SRT6 Control Module

Originally Posted by roncosrt6
Left work, keyless entry didn't work. Open door with key, alarm went off. Tried to start car, it kicked over but shut itself off. Tried other keyless, nothing. Had to have it towed to dealer. Dealer's computer wouldn't interact. They said one of 3 engine control modules bad. They don't know which one. Will update when final work complete...
Did the battery in your key fob die and lose it's settings? One would think
that the other key would be able to cancel the effect. This leaves me
feeling a bit worried.

Coyote

Old 10-02-2006, 12:41 AM
Forum Regular

Key fob batteries fine. Dealer said I should have been able to open
locked door with key and started car. This is a first for them.
Modules arrive Monday 10/2/06 from Cali. Will update.
I hope this isn't a two week ordeal. I'm already going through
withdrawals.

Old 10-03-2006, 11:56 PM
Forum Regular

Got car back. They wanted to dismantle dash to get to a module behind fire wall. Said no way. They hooked up DRB and was unable to communicate to screen module. Removed steering wheel and cluster to get to screen module. They remove module cleaned connectors and applied dielectric grease and hooked it back up. Reprogrammed screen module.
Started up runs great. Just put in K&N filters. I swear it feels appreciable fast. Must be in my mind...

Old 10-04-2006, 09:17 AM

Not just in your mind...the K&N Filters show a marketable difference in acceleration and gas mileage.

Old 10-04-2006, 04:51 PM
Forum Regular

The initial exercise of changing filters a hassle. First side took about 30 minutes, including engine cover. Just figuring things out. Second side about 15 minutes.
Anyway - Thank you for the K&N confirmation. I'm not hallucinating.

Old 01-14-2017, 12:55 AM

SAme scenario as you mentioned above happened to me this year 2 days ago, except I was heading to work & my Key would not unlock my car. I have the 2005 convertible Crossfire limited, my extended warranty does not want to cover the screen module. The screen module is the only thing that was replaced and reprogrammed in order to start your Crossfire again? Thanks for your input, I have mine seating at the shop.
Originally Posted by roncosrt6
Got car back. They wanted to dismantle dash to get to a module behind fire wall. Said no way. They hooked up DRB and was unable to communicate to screen module. Removed steering wheel and cluster to get to screen module. They remove module cleaned connectors and applied dielectric grease and hooked it back up. Reprogrammed screen module.
Started up runs great. Just put in K&N filters. I swear it feels appreciable fast. Must be in my mind...

Old 01-14-2017, 01:05 AM

Did you had to change the screen module as well? So is it recommended to change this filters how often, my car is consuming a lot of gas other than the screen module that needs to be changed :/
Originally Posted by ichon
Not just in your mind...the K&N Filters show a marketable difference in acceleration and gas mileage.

Old 01-14-2017, 12:16 PM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by LadyXFire
Did you had to change the screen module as well? So is it recommended to change this filters how often, my car is consuming a lot of gas other than the screen module that needs to be changed :/
This is an eight year old thread.Start a new one.

Old 01-14-2017, 02:15 PM
Administrator
Received 879 Likes on 685 Posts

Originally Posted by LadyXFire
SAme scenario as you mentioned above happened to me this year 2 days ago, except I was heading to work & my Key would not unlock my car. I have the 2005 convertible Crossfire limited, my extended warranty does not want to cover the screen module. The screen module is the only thing that was replaced and reprogrammed in order to start your Crossfire again? Thanks for your input, I have mine seating at the shop.
A key not unlocking the car does NOT mean the SKREEM is bad, it COULD be bad, but I'd put the key in the door and unlock it manually and then see if the key starts the car, and go from there.

To unlock the car, the battery-operated transmitter in the key fob sends a signal to the SKREEM which then gets on the CAN but to tell the security module/pump to unlock the doors.

To start the car, the skreem communicates with the RFID chip in the key fob to verify it is a legitimate key.

There are two devices in the fob, if the transmitter or it's battery is bad, the car won't unlock, but the RFID chip will still start the car once the key is inserted in the ignition and the RF ring activates the RFID.