Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Installed my POD, Had a WHALE of a good time

Old 11-30-2008, 11:15 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking Installed my POD, Had a WHALE of a good time

With the cool weather I got to the installation of my Johnny angel triple pod.

I have made a bunch of photos to show how I did it and where I got the power to make it all come together. If you want to just get a couple of gauges powered up, I ll show the easiest way that I found.

The photos are self explanitory to the most part. I used a connector for each gauge and one for the main cable so that I could service it if needed. The sensor cables are fed into the engine compartment thru the grommet hole below the brake booster and the power leads are brought down to the fuse block on the left side of the dash panel.

The gauges needed a sourge of 12 volts that were switched on with the ignition and another signal that was present when the parking lights were turned on. Both are available in this fuse panel in the slots #2 and #10. I connected the 12 power lead to the fuse in slot #2 on the bottom terminal and on the top terminal of the #10 fuse. These locations are on the FUSED side of the fuse to provide electrical protection in case of short circuits.

THere is plenty of room to fish the cables from the engine under the dash and up the area under the windshield post to feed the gauge pod. THe open area also allows the power leads to be fished up to the gauges behind the fuse panel block.

THe fuse panel is easily opened when you open the door and turn the two screws. THis allows easy access and visibility to the area inside the dash panel. Check out the photos in my gallery for more info.

ENJOY Woody

Old 11-30-2008, 11:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Installed my POD, Had a WHALE of a good time

So far so good woody, looks like we might have to start sending them to you to have them painted to match the dash.